Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Big difference in WArd and Martinez is Martinez is exciting to watch and KTFO of ppl.

I swear Wards fights need to be banned from TV. The guy is a mightmare to watch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Martinez knocked Williams out. That's it. Let's not act like he starches cats left n right. He's exciting to watch because he gets fucking bloddied up
12-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Method Wrote:Martinez knocked Williams out. That's it. Let's not act like he starches cats left n right. He's exciting to watch because he gets fucking bloddied up
He's been stopping fools unlike Ward who's been hugging motherf*ckers to decisions for the last three to four years now.

And keep this in mind Meth Ward is from my hometown and i use to train in the same gym as him right before he went pro. Im keeping it real if Ruiz use to get bashed for his style then it should be no different with Ward.
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Method Wrote:Martinez's 15 minutes will be up shortly.
Funny thats how i feel about Ward he was gassing in the final rd and held on(well pretty much did that the entire fight)but held on more i nthe final rd.

Ward is lucky the SMW divison is sh*t cuz he'll get blown out by a top level p4p guy.
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Romulus9 Wrote:
JD Wrote:Why would he leave Canada when he can sell out every fight in Montreal or Quebec City?

A fight against Ward is worth significantly more in Canada than in the States.
Ideally, for him, he won't. But will he get those major fights by insisting that they come to Canada? Will any major fighter go in there thinking they'll get a fair shake? Probably not. Just like the Michalczewski thing.

If it's only about the cash, Bute can fight in Montreal and Quebec City every time out. If he wants to improve that legacy and be taken seriously across the board, he'll go deal with the real champions on their terms. Just like when Jones had six belts and Michalczewski had one but managed to think that he reserved the right to demand that Jones come to Germany.

Yeah, about that? No.

Not saying the fight has to happen in Oakland either. But Bute isn't in the position to call the shots if he wants the seriously major fights that are there for him. If it's seriously about cashing out every time, he should move up and make the fight with Pascal. That's the biggest fight in Canada.
Since when does putting the fight in a profitable location not matter?

So in order to make a fight he should come here so he and his opponent can make less money? It's not his fault that the Canadians support their fighters a hell of a lot better than we support ours.

It's not just Bute who would make more money fighting in Canada, it would also benefit whoever was standing across the ring from him. If Hopkins can go there (TWICE) for a Pascal fight because it makes the most financial sense I would think that any of the super middles could go there too. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the notion that he needs to come here to fight the top super middles if everyone can make more money fighting there...if the fights weren't events that sold out in Canada constantly, I would agree with you, but that isn't the case.

I mean, just look at how awful the attendance was for the Ward - Froch fight..and that was with a slew of Brits flying over.
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
JD Wrote:Why would he leave Canada when he can sell out every fight in Montreal or Quebec City?

A fight against Ward is worth significantly more in Canada than in the States.
I also happen to think that a Bute vs Froch fight is a far bigger moneyspinner than Bute vs Ward. Does Ward have any fan base outside the hardcore fans? Ward is a very good fighter & shows the potential to be a great fighter in the future but as a moneymaker I just don't see him being a draw. This is mainly due to his style & persona. His style is not very exciting unless you understand & appreciate the science of boxing & he is not a loudmouthed cunt. He is just a guy who goes in there does a good job but that is where it stops. There is no "magic" with Ward & to crossover into the mainstream you need some "magic".

If I was Bute I would be doing everything I can to get Froch in the ring & beat him in more impressive fashion than Ward. Then make the Ward fight. Ward needs Bute more than Bute needs Ward right now.
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Method defends Andre Ward because people compare him so much to Bernard Hopkins... very simple.

Prime Hopkins was a completely different animal than caca Ward.
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Hey, STEVENS...Ward needs Bute?...shut the fuck up.

USA - Champions

Europe - 2nd place

Quote:If you ain't first, you're last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RrvkB3pK8lg
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
The CEO Wrote:Hey, STEVENS...Ward needs Bute?...shut the fuck up.

USA - Champions

Europe - 2nd place

Quote:If you ain't first, you're last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RrvkB3pK8lg
So where now for Ward then if not Bute?
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
TRU Wrote:Method defends Andre Ward because people compare him so much to Bernard Hopkins... very simple.

Prime Hopkins was a completely different animal than caca Ward.
Ut oh...did someone pick Kessler over Ward?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,047 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera ViperSniper 67 37,470 04-24-2016 09:05 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)