Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:Hey, STEVENS...Ward needs Bute?...shut the fuck up.

USA - Champions

Europe - 2nd place

Quote:If you ain't first, you're last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RrvkB3pK8lg
So where now for Ward then if not Bute?
Ward is The Man of the division...this is the part where he reigns better than Calzaghe....

"What now for Bute?" is the question...stay in The Bell Centre forever fightin' garbage...or go try to prove himself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
The CEO Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:Hey, STEVENS...Ward needs Bute?...shut the fuck up.

USA - Champions

Europe - 2nd place

Quote:If you ain't first, you're last.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RrvkB3pK8lg
So where now for Ward then if not Bute?
Ward is The Man of the division...this is the part where he reigns better than Calzaghe....

"What now for Bute?" is the question...stay in The Bell Centre forever fightin' garbage...or go try to prove himself.
Probably the former. As of now tho you're right, its down to Bute to prove HIMSELF. That doesnt answer where Ward goes now tho. Whats left for him or for that matter Froch whilst Bute feasts on trash?
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
I hope you know that shut the fuck up was in fun, STEVENS....

You DO remember that little USA-Europe thread you created at fh, right?

lol

@Lloyd...I really don't give a shit what Ward does...he'll probably get a soft touch and then fight an up and coming contender...

I'd move up if I were him though...
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
He and Hopkins should fight. Fuck all that mutual respect bullshit. Get paid.
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
The CEO Wrote:I hope you know that shut the fuck up was in fun, STEVENS....

You DO remember that little USA-Europe thread you created at fh, right?

lol

@Lloyd...I really don't give a shit what Ward does...he'll probably get a soft touch and then fight an up and coming contender...

I'd move up if I were him though...
Of course I do mate.

No harm here thats for sure. I actually think Ward is a pretty good fighter & shows potential to be a great one in time. That is a pretty lofty opinion from me as you know.

The problem is with Ward is that he is just not a draw & he should be as he carries himself well in & out of the ring. It is just in todays marketplace you need to bring more than that to the business if you want to make the serious money.

I gained a lot of respect for both fighters after yesterday. They carried themselves as champions & Froch (who must have been hurting inside) was man enough to not only admit his loss but openly give credit to his opponent. Compare than to Khan's behavious last weekend & it is no wonder Froch is universally respected.

Not a great example of Ward's power as Froch has a hell of a chin but those who know what they are looking at could see they were hurting combos landing.
12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
I like everything about Andre Ward. The only flaw to his game last night was that brief southpaw style where he was trying to protect his eye that left him open to straight rights. To his credit he seemed to recognize pretty quick it wasn't working. He's a cerebral dude in the ring. I enjoy watching him grind guys down.

I agree if Bute won't leave Canada Ward should look into moving up for a shot at Hopkins or Dawson. I think he beats both right now. Ward has really emerged over the last 2 years. CEO called it at the onset of the tourney. I didn't believe it then I thought he had a weak chin, but this kid's tough as hell. Can't wait for his next fight.

Respect to Froch as well. Tough and always game, he didn't quite give Ward full credit after - kept emphasizing how he was good at 'staying out of harm's way', but that's alright. I kinda like that about him. He's got that James Toney attitude. Can't not approve.

GREAT way to end in 2011.
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
I'm sure y'all heard by now...Ward had a pre-existing hand injury from training, it started flaring up on him in Round 6...

Makes sense why he looked troubled and didn't throw much later in the fight...

The kid's got grit...pretty impressive.
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
...and he could be a fag like Floyd and only fight in states where they let him inject lydocain (ahem, Vegas), which is banned in most states.
12-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
QUESTION: Has Ward already built up a more impressive super middleweight resume than Joe Calzagaghe?

I say he has, bearing in mind this is how their world title fights stack up:

WARD - CALZAGHE
KESSLER Tec 11 - LACY W 12
GREEN W 12 - BIKA W 12
BIKA W 12 - KESSLER W 12
ABRAHAM W 12
FROCH W 12

Black
12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Just caught up and watched rounds 4-9.

Froch had a few moments, but it was pretty much ward all the way from what I saw.

Andre kept his distance beautifully. He just kept froch at arms length and capitalised on frochs laboured footwork by darting out just enough for froch to miss but not too far so he couldn't counter.

Entertaing fight though....both fighters got in there, fought a no nonsense fight that was pleasing to see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,050 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera ViperSniper 67 37,473 04-24-2016 09:05 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)