Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
12-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Big difference in WArd and Martinez is Martinez is exciting to watch and KTFO of ppl.

I swear Wards fights need to be banned from TV. The guy is a mightmare to watch.

i like watching Martinez but Ward is a lot more entertaining to me. Froch isn't the most skilled guy out there but Ward stood with him and really put on a boxing clinic. Martinez uses his athleticism.

Method Wrote:Martinez knocked Williams out. That's it. Let's not act like he starches cats left n right. He's exciting to watch because he gets fucking bloddied up

Ward is the more complete fighter but i don't think Martinez is having 15 minutes right now. him knocking Williams out didn't hurt his popularity but what he's doing is pretty impressive considering his age and when he started boxing. the only thing holding Martinez back has been no one wanting to fight him at 154-160
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
gravytrain Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Big difference in WArd and Martinez is Martinez is exciting to watch and KTFO of ppl.

I swear Wards fights need to be banned from TV. The guy is a mightmare to watch.

i like watching Martinez but Ward is a lot more entertaining to me. Froch isn't the most skilled guy out there but Ward stood with him and really put on a boxing clinic. Martinez uses his athleticism.

Method Wrote:Martinez knocked Williams out. That's it. Let's not act like he starches cats left n right. He's exciting to watch because he gets fucking bloddied up

Ward is the more complete fighter but i don't think Martinez is having 15 minutes right now. him knocking Williams out didn't hurt his popularity but what he's doing is pretty impressive considering his age and when he started boxing. the only thing holding Martinez back has been no one wanting to fight him at 154-160
Ward more entertaining than Martinez? HELL NO!!!!

So then you must have found John Ruiz breathtakeing.
12-20-2011, 02:22 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
Method Wrote:Martinez and Ward's respective boxing IQ's are NOT AT ALL on the same level.

Martinez's 15 minutes will be up shortly.

I agree. Ward is on a different level to Martinez.

His balance is incredible and whilst I thought he would win in the easy fashion he did, the way he controlled Froch who could normally make anybody look awkward, was a masterpiece. His not explosive entertainment, but fukc me, for fans of the sweet science, he epitomizes the game!
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:

right now i just think Ward has hit his stride. going off of his fight with Froch he just did it all. seeing someone stand toe to toe without running and completely dominate an opponent in every skill aspect of boxing is a lot more entertaining to me than Martinez, Martinez is athletic but he isn't a complete fighter. i don't think he's having 15 minutes of fame but Ward is a much more skilled fighter.
12-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
gravytrain Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:

right now i just think Ward has hit his stride. going off of his fight with Froch he just did it all. seeing someone stand toe to toe without running and completely dominate an opponent in every skill aspect of boxing is a lot more entertaining to me than Martinez, Martinez is athletic but he isn't a complete fighter. i don't think he's having 15 minutes of fame but Ward is a much more skilled fighter.
So you prefer 12 clinch 123 clinch? Cuz thats what Ward does ever since he was rocked in his early days he's been a holder.

I've been accsued of favoring Latin fighters. And i admit i could be a bit biased at time but i have to start to wonder aswell that if the ppl giving Ward all this praise are doing so cuz he's an African American fighter.

I just can't see it. The guy is boring as f*ck and on top of that has mastered the art of holding to another level. He'll only get away with this for so long cuz once he fights a top 10 p4p type guy he'll get crushed no doubt in my mind.
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
smh...him being black has nothing to do with it. GTFOH with that BS.

Ward is entertaining as hell. Yea he clinches but he also works in the clinch and will fight you in a phone booth. Unlike Ruiz he doesn't hold or grab you to stop the action. He gets inside and grinds you down with short crips punches. Clearly he's a strong guy and uses it to his advantages.

You might not prefer his style which is cool but dont try to downplay his victories though. He'll if I recall correctly he straight outboxed the shit out of Abraham.
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
I enjoy watching brilliance at work. Andre Ward is legit A-list right now. Top 6 or 7 P4P. He not only wins, he wins impressively. I don't see nearly as much 1-2-clinch as some others do. I see a lot of inside work once he gets in there. I'm sure the opponents that he's beaten the hell out of would attest to that. Carl Froch sure took a lot of shots inside during those "clinches". So did Abraham, Miranda, Bika, Kessler, and plenty of others. Pretty plain to see.

Frankly, there aren't many fighters in the world I enjoy watching more than Andre Ward.

Not every heavyweight is Mike Tyson. Not every other fighter is Chavez, Barrera, Morales, Micky Ward, or Arturo Gatti. That's another thing I love about the sport.

Usually, not always, the people who are constantly talking about how all Ward does is clinch and how boring he is are the same ones who spent most of the last decade talking about how they'd rather poke their eyes out with a fork than watch Chris Byrd. I enjoyed watching Chris Byrd too (calm down Byrd Man). I also enjoyed Gatti-Ward. I loved Castillo-Corrales and Holyfield-Bowe and all points in between.

Being a technician and frustrating the hell out of your opponent is every bit as much of boxing as landing one big Julian Jackson left hook and hoping they don't get carted off on a stretcher.

As far as Ward getting 'crushed'... good luck with that. He may lose but getting crushed ain't gonna happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:

So you prefer 12 clinch 123 clinch? Cuz thats what Ward does ever since he was rocked in his early days he's been a holder.

I've been accsued of favoring Latin fighters. And i admit i could be a bit biased at time but i have to start to wonder aswell that if the ppl giving Ward all this praise are doing so cuz he's an African American fighter.

I just can't see it. The guy is boring as f*ck and on top of that has mastered the art of holding to another level. He'll only get away with this for so long cuz once he fights a top 10 p4p type guy he'll get crushed no doubt in my mind.
i'm not black so i don't see why i would think more of him just for being a black fighter lol. Ward looked terrible back on Shobox. i can't believe it's the same fighter that won the S6. and at times during the tournament he did have ugly fights. but right now he's doing P4P boxing and i recognize that. if some of the best fighters in the history of the sport have clinched i can't hold it against Ward and he isn't doing it as much as he did against Bika.
12-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
KingEugene Wrote:smh...him being black has nothing to do with it. GTFOH with that BS.

Ward is entertaining as hell. Yea he clinches but he also works in the clinch and will fight you in a phone booth. Unlike Ruiz he doesn't hold or grab you to stop the action. He gets inside and grinds you down with short crips punches. Clearly he's a strong guy and uses it to his advantages.

You might not prefer his style which is cool but dont try to downplay his victories though. He'll if I recall correctly he straight outboxed the shit out of Abraham.
Relax buddy don't come at me like that either just stateing my opinion.

Ward is boring as f*ck and like i've stated several times now you would think i would be pro Ward being that were from the same town but i just can't stand that style. I can appreciate what Floyd and Sweet Pea did that was highly skilled sh*t but hitting and clinching and holding with one hand and hitting with the other don't cut if for me.
12-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch
If hitting and clinching and then holding with one hand and hitting with the other is all Ward is doing to be this successful, then there should be a lot more guys out there doing the same. Ward is far more skillful than that!

That is really trying your hardest to put ward into some type of box. Which isn't the case. He does a lot of things very very well. Not to mention, he wasn't clinching with Abraham nearly as much because the ref didn't allow it.

I can see your point, I can see how somebody would find Ward boring. Not everybody loves the sweet science and it's a major reason Ward will probably never be a huge PPV star much like BHOP.

Ward is at least a respectable dude, BHOP is a thug.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,052 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera ViperSniper 67 37,473 04-24-2016 09:05 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)