Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kovalev V Ward Nov19
07-15-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Kovalev V Ward Nov19
A better version of Kovalev will be in there with Ward.

Whether that version is good enough to win can be argued, but I don't think it's arguable that we'll see a better Kovalev in the fall than we did in this recent fight against the guy whose name starts with a C.

Similarly, I thought Ward got hit a little more in his most recent fight but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that it matters much as I'd expect a better version of Ward in there with Kovalev than against the guy he fought last. Ward also has a fight coming up in 3 weeks or so against another guy I know little about... and if Ward looks less than spectacular in that fight it doesn't mean he's not going to be 110% for Kovalev still.

You can only take so much away from tune up fights.

As an aside, Ward will be 3 for 3 in his "comeback" fights being in Oakland. I don't know why, but this still pisses me off every time. lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 10:04 PM by Method.)
I like Andre, but that 'mainly fights in Oakland shit' is gay. If you're gonna call yourself, "S.O.G.", then take your act on the road and preach.
07-16-2016, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2016 12:42 PM by ViperSniper.)
Kovalev didn't look bad, it's just this fight wasn't a walk in the park, that happen to go 12. He still managed to get a clear cut victory hurting a very durable, solid fighter.

Kovalev didn't look like the Krusher we are used to seeing against Chilemba maybe due to illness, undertrained, or maybe even taking his opponent lightly. One thing though is Chilemba was Kovalev's toughest opponent, being big, strong and of course not getting caught with enough power to be able to still stick to his game plan, unlike much better fighters in Hopkins or Pascal.

Chilemba is no slouch who had the chin, size and style to make Kovalev work.

By saying that. I've got Ward by UD when they meet and won't be surprised to see S.O.G hurt or stop Kov!
07-31-2016, 06:46 AM
Yeah, I've got Ward as well. I see the fight ending inside the distance.
07-31-2016, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 07:05 AM by ViperSniper.)
Ward doesn't get enough credit for how hard he really hits and forhis strength &toughness. Kov maybe strong and powerful but hedoesn't appear to have very strong legs. Assuming Ward doesn't get clipped he will show this with his wits and hidden mean streak!

20 years from now, once everything is said and done, this is the fight people will refer to! A career defining win is on the line here and it will happen big!
08-01-2016, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 04:24 AM by and the NEW.)
How about JDJ saying Ward can't fight on the inside. Who he is kidding? That is Ward's bread and butter. Kovalev absolutely stinks on the inside, he freezes up and loses technique on his punches. If Ward is to win this, it is the inside that will get him the victory. If he gets stuck on the outside like BHOP did, he is over with.
08-01-2016, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 11:07 AM by ViperSniper.)
I totally agree with everything except for Ward fighting on the outside. He can get some great work in from the outside against Kov based on his skills and footwork. However he can't afford to stay on the outside cause Kov eventually start closing the gap. Ward will have to fight the fight of his life and mix it up both on the outside and in..
08-01-2016, 04:58 AM
(08-01-2016 04:34 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I totally agree with everything except for Ward fighting on the outside. He can get some great work in from the outside against Kov based on his skills and footwork. However he can't afford to stay in the outside cause Kov eventually start closing the gap. Ward will have to fight the fight of his life and mix it up both on the outside and in..

Yeah, he will have to mix it up and not give Kov time to think. If Kov gets Ward backing up on the outside the way he was against Barrera at times, he will get lit up. But Ward steps it up big time and is on point against the elite guys. Kov will be so demoralised on the inside,that he won't pressure hard when Ward goes to the outside, and before he knows it, Ward will be back on the inside. But if Kov buzzes Ward with his power and gets him backing up for any extended period, Ward is in big trouble.
08-01-2016, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 08:03 AM by ViperSniper.)
This fight has a Hopkins-Trinidad vibe to it. Except in this case it will be the smaller boxer moving up to face the big powerful monster. Yes, a small part of me could see Ward putting on a boxing masterclass performance like that, leaving fans feeling like they should have known better to choose power over skill..
08-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Ward is a master of controlling distance. He constantly controls a fight at whatever range he is comfortable with, and is deceptively strong. He will start from the outside to test the water and quickly move to the inside any time he needs to nullify Kov's work.

Now I've seen Kov box beautifully at range where he can tee off with his long rights, but from memory I don't remember seeing him have to work effectively at close quarters. Therefore, I'm going to predict that Ward will win this ugly and messy by mauling Kov on the inside, with the Russian getting frustrated and mentally shutting off as the fight goes on; this is what Ward is a master at doing.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas ViperSniper 135 53,808 06-30-2017 10:14 AM
Last Post: KingEugene
Star It's Official! Kovalev-Ward on November 19th. ViperSniper 113 51,836 07-10-2016 07:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Ward vs Kovalev (apparently signed) Fitz 12 8,567 05-07-2016 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)