Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Joshua by decision
Joshua by KO/TKO
Klitschko by decision
Klitschko by KO/TKO
[Show Results]

Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London.
04-30-2017, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 12:13 AM by BGv4.0.)
RE: Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London.
That was F'K GREAT HW shit right there....that could have come right out of the 90s!

That's my favorite Wlad fight ever....its like when Evander lost to Bowe....that loss gave him legitimacy in a way a win never could have.....same for this fight for Wlad.

Can't believe I'm saying it.....but even at 41 I want to see MORE of THAT Wlad. Because despite the age....with this overall still shitty division....Wlad makes one hell of a gate keeper. You only have a few top HWs Wilder, Joshua, Fury and Wlad....the rest....it would be awesome to see them have to get past Wlad to get to the champs.

Best HW title fight since Lewis/Vitali.

And Id love to see Joshua/Briggs.....for the first three rounds that would be awesome.

I think Wlad looks at this fight on tape and takes his rematch clause.

Now with Briggs/Fres fighting for a belt.....and Fury coming back....the HW division is suddenly interesting again.

And totally agree. That is an early front runner for FOTY.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2017, 05:09 AM
Sounds like Wlad finally realized he's a big dude and let his balls drop
04-30-2017, 05:34 AM
Underwhelming fight. You got overwhelmed because you've never seen decent HW fights in ages. yahooyahooyahoo
04-30-2017, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 05:58 AM by and the NEW.)
Two most impressive aspects of that fight for me where Wlad's skills, he put absolute brilliant timing and ring generalship on display to outbox an elite heavyweight through 10 rounds with much lower output.

Joshua's heart, that guy is a lion. 90k people, never been in with anybody near that level of talent, was losing (except for those 2 BS cards), never been past like the 7th round, and still digs deep to win. Joshua could be an absolute force in a few more years, but there are still holes in his game, particularly his control of the distance.

Agree BG, that was the best heavyweight fight for a long long time! I think it was better than Lewis vs Vitali. I can't remember the last heavyweight fight that was better than that, I would probably have to go back to the 90s! Maybe Holyfield vs Moorer 2 in 97!
04-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Two best heavyweights in the world fought last night...and it isn't close.
04-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Whenever you think the boxing game is pushing you away...you get a fight like this to lure you back in.

You can pick holes in Joshua's fitness and skill, or moan about Wlad not quite finishing it in the sixth...but fucking hell I've not been buzzing so much after a fight since I don't know when!
All positive for me. I like both guys and didn't have a favourite beforehand...and for me this was the best ending since Joshua kept the streak going and goes on to become a megastar and Wlad finally shows the heart and balls many said he didn't have.

Black
04-30-2017, 09:24 AM
I feel that Wladimir leading up to the fight followed through with his talk and because of his approach managed to put on the performance he did against one of the most dangerous opponents in his career or since Haye or Peters.

Although Wlad never had the highest output, he always had power, always in shape and didn't take damage during his decade reign. It should have never been a big ask for Wladimir Klitschko to out do his effort & performance against Fury.

He never had to go balls out like many suggest he would have to do, when just adding more on the shots you throw is a start. I feel as long as Wlad keeps in shape and still has desire to fight he is still capable of landing a W against anyone in the division still at his age but doesn't have alot of time to work with either.

Wlad didn't give or say much to suggest he was after a rematch but if he did, he knows he will always be a punch away from redemption & also this version of Wlad beats Tyson Fury then & now.
04-30-2017, 10:23 AM
I think Wlad will take the rematch. He's a proud guy.
04-30-2017, 11:08 AM
I hope Wlad retires. This was the perfect farewell fight. 41 years old, went out on his shield, and he took that young lion to the brink. This was the best fight of his career, and he elevated his historical ranking with this performance. Magnificent in defeat, and nothing left to prove. Let's call it a day, champ.
04-30-2017, 11:10 AM
I kinda want to see him beat Wilber's ass first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthony Joshua VS Oleksandr Usyk Mean Mister Mustard 38 4,724 10-14-2021 10:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Wladamir Klitschko losses ViperSniper 4 463 07-14-2020 08:14 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Anthony Joshua going to the UFC? ViperSniper 7 2,849 03-25-2018 12:28 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)