Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Ward by decision
Ward by KO/TKO
Kovalev by decision
Kovalev by KO/TKO
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
06-26-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
(06-25-2017 10:32 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I think the best way would to beat Connor so badly he quits on his stool. In boxing terms that is the closest you can get to tapping out. Although he'll need a few rounds to do it. Either that or he hits Connor with a body shot that has him sitting on the canvas able to get up but unwilling to do so. I'll be happy with either scenario.

My dream is that Conor gets lucky, lands a shot, and leaves Gayweather's corpse slumped face down across the bottom rope, twitching and convulsing like an infantile retard, with the whole Money Team rushing into the ring and cradling him in their arms while everyone in the audience and at home is fearing for his life.

And while that happens I wish Conor would go into full celebration mode, making it rain while Floyd's kids shout "daddy, daddy!"

And then just as the life starts to seep back into Floyd, and he becomes just coherent enough to observe his surroundings, I hope he wakes up to Conor strutting around the ring in front of Floyd and his team doing that stupid gorilla walk he does:

And then I'd fucking jizz in my pants. Not because I like Conor (I hate him), but simply because it would be Floyd's punishment for taking such a fight to begin with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2017, 12:37 AM
Noooooo. Floyd cant take a punch for the sake of boxing!! He better not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2017, 12:54 AM
(06-26-2017 12:37 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Noooooo. Floyd cant take a punch for the sake of boxing!! He better not.

I couldn't care less about boxing. Floyd must be punished.

Don't worry, though. It won't happen. Conor has a better chance at winning the powerball.
06-26-2017, 05:39 AM
This really shouldn't have been sanctioned. Someone with literally no boxing record vs someone one of the best boxers of this generation. But in true boxing form its in Vegas and for a WBC strap.
06-26-2017, 07:16 AM
I can't agree with you here Warlord - Floyd is expected to win, the fight is universally accepted as a joke...doing so would net him zero credit.

In the event that McGregor accidentally knocked Floyd out, think of all the Conor fanboys you would be forced to endure. Think of the constant barrage of "greatest mixed martial artist and boxer of all time" you would hear.

Besides, what you are hoping for has a slightly lower chance of happening than Browns going back in time and not trading away the pick that netted your Falcons Julio Jones.
06-26-2017, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 01:36 PM by Snoop.)
As annoying as Floyd is, the blowback of Conor winning isn't worth it IMO. I'd rather see McGregor get frustrated and land a KO kick to the head or something and be DQ'd. That way Floyd still gets what's coming to him, but we won't have to hear all that "MMA is better than boxing" crap afterwards.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
06-27-2017, 01:04 AM
Floyd wont lose. The question is will he put effort into it and dominate him or just coast and go for the easiest win possible. Knowing Floyd he'll fight like this is an easy fight and it'll be a boring waste of money.
06-27-2017, 05:58 AM
(06-26-2017 01:34 PM)Snoop Wrote:  As annoying as Floyd is, the blowback of Conor winning isn't worth it IMO. I'd rather see McGregor get frustrated and land a KO kick to the head or something and be DQ'd. That way Floyd still gets what's coming to him, but we won't have to hear all that "MMA is better than boxing" crap afterwards.

I'm a fan of both sports, so either way I'm going to have to hear one side ignorantly crowing after the fight. Even here I suspect at least one or two of our members to trumpet out Floyd's impending victory (a 49-0 record against an 0-0 record) as some sort of concrete proof that boxing is better than MMA.

No. Floyd on the receiving end of an epic dose of cosmic justice is what I want to see.
06-27-2017, 06:48 AM
(06-27-2017 01:04 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  Floyd wont lose. The question is will he put effort into it and dominate him or just coast and go for the easiest win possible. Knowing Floyd he'll fight like this is an easy fight and it'll be a boring waste of money.

Man if McGregor is dead tired and Floyd still coasts, he will dent boxing PPV numbers for another half decade!
06-27-2017, 11:17 AM
(06-27-2017 05:58 AM)Warlord Wrote:  I'm a fan of both sports, so either way I'm going to have to hear one side ignorantly crowing after the fight. Even here I suspect at least one or two of our members to trumpet out Floyd's impending victory (a 49-0 record against an 0-0 record) as some sort of concrete proof that boxing is better than MMA.

No. Floyd on the receiving end of an epic dose of cosmic justice is what I want to see.

Any boxing fan that uses this as an example to qualify the statement that "boxing is better than MMA" is an idiot.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kovalev V Ward Nov19 lloyd mayflower 143 75,927 01-01-2017 05:50 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
Star It's Official! Kovalev-Ward on November 19th. ViperSniper 113 51,278 07-10-2016 07:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Ward vs Kovalev (apparently signed) Fitz 12 8,506 05-07-2016 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)