Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Coronavirus
09-26-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Coronavirus
(09-25-2020 02:22 PM)Snoop Wrote:  There were people in the CHAZ with machine guns and the one picture depicting that is correct. What's wrong with the collage is that two of the pictures included in the collage are not from the CHAZ and should therefore not be in a report about the CHAZ. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

My argument about "both sides" is about media depiction, not about who is responsible for things like the CHAZ happening. You are confusing the two.

The photos that are used with news reports do contribute to the accuracy of reporting. If they didn't, why else would photographs need to be pulled and amendments need to be made?

I dunno. Maybe in the headline that says, "Seattle helpless as armed guards patrol anarchists' 'autonomous zone', shake down businesses: cops"?

You really think that pulling a photo from a certain time and place, and sticking it behind a headline about a completely different time and place, serves solely to "illustrate a point" and that readers will not think the photo is from the place being reported on? I mean, are you fucking serious? If there's anyone here trying to justify biased reporting, it's you.

What is the point of bringing this up? I don't disagree with you that liberal media outlets produce garbage news reports too.

No it's not. Just because one side is wrong doesn't absolve the other side from wrongdoing. It's idiotic to think that it does.

You're also creating an argument that I am not making. My issue is with the standards of reporting with Fox News. I never said that it contributed to the chaos that ensued at the CHAZ. That is a leap of logic that you made on your own.

Again, I never said Fox News contributed to the CHAZ being a disaster. My original point is that their misreporting made it seem worse than it actually was (i.e. there were no buildings on fire at the time of that report), but that liberal media made is seem safer than it actually was, and that the overall creation and existence of CHAZ was f'n dumb because it resulted in deaths that could have been prevented.

If you wanna argue that Fox News wasn't misreporting, fine. But that's not what you're saying. You're getting teed off because you think I'm saying the right and right-leaning media is partially responsible for the riots and things like the CHAZ, and I haven't said anything of the sort. If it's not clear that I think the CHAZ was purely inspired by the left, well, I'm saying it now.

You changed the "comma" to a "period" of my initial statement. It's a slight alteration, but enough to show you made a deliberate effort to change what I was saying, because this statement:

Reads much differently than this statement:

It's called "quoting out of context".

I do know what I said and I haven't denied any of it. What I am denying is your conjecture of what I said because you're twisting my words so that you can spew your hatred for the left onto me. I mean sure, I get it. The country is in crisis and the idiotic garbage arguments being made on the left isn't helping, but I'm also not the guy who is making them.

I love you, man, but you're acting like a Grade A fucktard here.

You claim the CHAZ wasn't as bad as Fox News "reported", and your evidence of this is that they included a picture of a man with a machine gun in a picture collage that wasn't really a picture of the actual man in the CHAZ... or the actual machine gun he was armed with.

And I "altered" the entire meaning of your post by using a period instead of a comma.

Good lord, I thought you were better than this. This is Decagon level stupidity right here.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2020, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2020 03:08 PM by Snoop.)
(09-26-2020 12:56 PM)Warlord Wrote:  You claim the CHAZ wasn't as bad as Fox News "reported", and your evidence of this is that they included a picture of a man with a machine gun in a picture collage that wasn't really a picture of the actual man in the CHAZ... or the actual machine gun he was armed with.

No, it isn't. The photo of the guy with the assault rifle is a 100% unaltered photo from the CHAZ, and I'm not debating that. I said so in my last response:

Quote:There were people in the CHAZ with machine guns and the one picture depicting that is correct.

I don't get why you keep making up arguments that I am not making.

Again, the parts that are inaccurate are the photos of broken windows and looting because that took place in another part of Seattle a couple of weeks earlier, and the photo of the burning building because that took place in MN, not Seattle and not the CHAZ.

You say that's justifiable because it captures the same essence of chaos, and I say that's ridiculous because it misleads the reader and exaggerates the situation. If it was indeed as bad as they reported, there would be a plethora of photos of the actual CHAZ they could have used, so why didn't they just do that? Quite frankly, I'm surprised you said that photos don't matter in reporting, and I doubt you'd be as forgiving to liberal media outlets if they had made the same errors.

Either way, THAT is the crux of our argument, not about who is responsible for all this crap going on in the country, yet you keep trying to make it about that.

Quote:I love you, man, but you're acting like a Grade A fucktard here.

And I "altered" the entire meaning of your post by using a period instead of a comma.

Good lord, I thought you were better than this. This is Decagon level stupidity right here.

Despite some of the crazy shit you write on here, you know I've garnered a certain level of respect for you, and I'd also say that the way you've gone about this has been disappointing. I agree that you can edit for clarity and brevity (what I just did to your reply is an example of editing without changing what you said), but you're well-versed enough in writing to know that cutting out someone's words mid-sentence changes the tone and meaning of what they're saying, and you're a competent enough of a debater to not have to do something like that.

To your credit, you addressed your issues with my initial statement in its entirety, but again, most of it is based off the premise of an argument that I'm not actually making.

Quite honestly, I think the issue is that you've run off all the idiots on this board that would have supported the lunacy that is going on in our country, and as it gets worse, you're looking for someone to take your ire out on.

Again, I get it, but I'm not your guy.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2020, 07:00 PM
Serious questions..

What would be considered "great" for Americans?

Has president Donald Trump made America great (again) in the past 4 years?

Will America be (more) great in the next 4 years with Trump in office?
09-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Well back to the Wuhan Flu, an interesting little stat direct from the CDC, last year total deaths in America were 2,813,503. Total deaths so far this year, up to Sept 28th are 2,061,145.

Sooooo at this stage total deaths in America are on track to be less than the previous year. Now that's curious.

And for the Aussies, monthly death stats for Victoria for the months before and since Covid.

What the fuck has the world been shutting down for?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-30-2020, 07:47 PM
(09-23-2020 11:01 AM)Warlord Wrote:  And kudos to anyone who can watch this video and tell me if you noticed anything off about it.

https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/upl...61.mp4?_=1

Dude on the bike disappearing?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)