Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb
03-26-2019, 01:43 PM
RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb
I think it's combo of both. American's are lazy and dont get out much, "we" prefer the comfort of our own homes. I dont think its necessarily it being distance, but each part of the country likes it's own thing. In the South, Football reigns supreme. East coast, Basketball. Up North, Hoccey. You could even get more specific and go state by state. There are certain states(Ca, Tx, Fl) who do well in every sport. Then places like Alabama where it's literally ONLY college football. The entire state shuts down. In Texas, most High schools have multimillion dollar football complexes and stadiums that sit 50k people easily. Its insane. They introduce Football even before Elementary school here in Texas... but in NY, we played Flag Football through Middle School and dont even get full pads until High School. Basketball was the sport of choice there.

Boxing is more inherited. You'd have to have had a relative introduce you to the sport.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2019, 01:49 PM
Nfl tickets can be pretty expensive. Last time i went to a Bucs game my tickets were $300 each for good seats. Plus you pay to park and traffic is all fucked up when you leave. The Bucs are a small market team too. College tickets are a lot cheaper.

I think there isnt a lot of incentive to go to games. Nfl games on tv are more commercials than anything, thats because the action is pretty slow. There's a lot of down time. I think soccer in other countries benefits from making it more accessible to fans. Prices are probably a little more reasonable and the stadium location is easier to get too. You can walk or take a public transportation to soccer games, youve got to drive to nfl games.

I think Americans would rather watch sports at home more than anything. Its a lot easier and convenient. Big division 1 college teams can get a lot of fans out to games but there are also a lot of students and alumni going to watch it. Their attendance would be a lot lower without all of the students getting discounted tickets and going to games to get drunk and enjoy the atmosphere.
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2019, 02:11 PM
I would rather watch my house burn to the ground than watch soccer.
03-26-2019, 03:50 PM
Yea NFL TIX are crazy expensive... here the same seat I saw Spence for $100, is easily a $500 seat. Another $100 for parking. Etc.
03-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Traffic leaving the stadium is worse than waiting in line for 15 minutes to piss out $10 beers in the bathroom.
03-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Traffic is retarded. It will literally take you 2 hours to go what normally takes 10mins.
03-28-2019, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 07:07 AM by ViperSniper.)
(03-26-2019 01:43 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  I think it's combo of both. American's are lazy and dont get out much, "we" prefer the comfort of our own homes. I dont think its necessarily it being distance, but each part of the country likes it's own thing. In the South, Football reigns supreme. East coast, Basketball. Up North, Hoccey. You could even get more specific and go state by state. There are certain states(Ca, Tx, Fl) who do well in every sport. Then places like Alabama where it's literally ONLY college football. The entire state shuts down. In Texas, most High schools have multimillion dollar football complexes and stadiums that sit 50k people easily. Its insane. They introduce Football even before Elementary school here in Texas... but in NY, we played Flag Football through Middle School and dont even get full pads until High School. Basketball was the sport of choice there.

Boxing is more inherited. You'd have to have had a relative introduce you to the sport.

I remember being in Dallas, Texas back in 07' & being told prior that it's best to not be out on the streets at night as it can get pretty full on with masses of rowdy college football fans.

I was watching from the balcony I was staying at & what a site to see this bus stop get overflown with thousands and thousands of people in very little time.

Once it died down a bit I went up the road to Maccas which I could literally see the golden arches from where I was staying at which would have been no more than 300m away.

I must say it was the roughest Maccas I've been to & also one of the most uncomfortable meal I've had once a friend pointed out how we were the only 2 non black people there. We stood out big time & was copping some glares!
Witnessed around 3 drug deals in the line & seeing the MANAGER pacing over to the counter dumped a customers meal, leaned over to his face & yelled "THAT'S $5.99 N@&$%!!!!" while staring him down!! lol

By the time we scoffed our food down and got back to our joint we had witnessed 2 fights & a melee within such a short distance & time! The most memorable of the 3 was between two homeless drunks! One was walking off while the other was running for him screaming and once he had got close enough had jumped & gave the other some uncoordinated fly kick to the back!! Then kicked him while he was down & continue cussing him out while the other was rolling around in pain!

We didn't go to the game or know who played that night but still managed to get some of the buzz from a college football game in Texas!! lol

Fun times!
03-28-2019, 10:03 AM
Sounds like you were in the hood. They probably didn't call you a cracker because you sound foreign.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 2,817 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Spence tells Garcia to wait...wants Porter rematch JD 7 603 10-02-2019 06:53 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)