Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
03-18-2019, 09:47 AM
RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
No thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2019, 01:56 PM
I wore a kilt for Hogmanay in Elgin one year. I was happy to go commando but the missus overruled me...

Black
03-18-2019, 02:05 PM
In Elgin?

Why, pray tell?
03-18-2019, 06:12 PM
In all seriousness...good luck.

When is the fight?
03-19-2019, 02:03 AM
30th of March so one week on Saturday. Find out who I fight the night before. There is one guy id rather avoid. Me and him have a mutual acquaintance so we went to the gym and sparred together. He is a fair bit better than me so would be disppointed to match up wuth him although obvoously would give it my best shot.

Looking forward to it though. There were a lot of reasons why I chose to do it and its ticked most of the boxes
03-19-2019, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 04:02 AM by blackbelt2003.)
The White Collar thing is a brilliant way to get people boxing. Sport England railed against it for years and decried anyone doing it...but have finally realised how good it is and started their own version.

Glad to hear it has been a positive experience, mate.

I was in Elgin visiting a family friend who moved up there to work on Fayed's estate as part of his security.

Black
03-19-2019, 05:02 AM
Is it ultra white collar you are involved with Black?

As an aside, I have raised over £1000 for Cancer Research UK as part of this, so the greater good is being covered here too.

Edit Black I imagine the UK kickboxing scene is relatively small I wonder if you know the guy who runs it, Adam Paterson?
03-19-2019, 09:00 AM
I was with Zero to Hero White Collar Boxing for a few seasons and then set up Worcestershire White Collar Boxing which my bro and I ran for seven seasons. We also did White Collar MMA for four seasons, too.

I know of an Adam Paterson in Scotland who is a TaeKwonDo guy...is that the same one? He may do Kickboxing, too, but I know him for TKD...

Black
03-19-2019, 09:14 AM
I've watched white collar boxing on YouTube and have seen headgear and no headgear, are there different levels?

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-19-2019, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 11:04 AM by lloyd mayflower.)
(03-19-2019 09:00 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I was with Zero to Hero White Collar Boxing for a few seasons and then set up Worcestershire White Collar Boxing which my bro and I ran for seven seasons. We also did White Collar MMA for four seasons, too.

I know of an Adam Paterson in Scotland who is a TaeKwonDo guy...is that the same one? He may do Kickboxing, too, but I know him for TKD...

Black

Yes mate that will be him I know he is/was at a decent level in TKD too, didnt realise you were into that too. He owns the gym (Scottish Martial Arts Centre) and takes most of the training sessions.

(03-19-2019 09:14 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  I've watched white collar boxing on YouTube and have seen headgear and no headgear, are there different levels?

Think it really depends on the organisation although like Black says in the UK people shit on these organisations for a long time with regards to the safety side of it (Part of the wider Helen Lovejoy style knicker wetting about combat sports here). I'd be surprised is any of them now allow fights without headgear. Mine supply their own and demand you wear them. That said, I know some let you wear your own gloves, whereas this one again provide 16oz gloves. Disappointed as mine were fucking expensive!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)