Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Coronavirus
07-10-2020, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2020 02:06 PM by Snoop.)
RE: Coronavirus
(07-10-2020 01:57 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Wait...............................YOU WERE IN SEATTLE AND DIDN'T GO AND LIVE IN CHAZ????

Damn Snoop you missed out on the story of a lifetime, fuck meeting Alexis Arguello, you had the chance to hang with RAZ and din't take it. As a minority you would've slipped in there no problems. damn I'm disappointed in you.

LOL. Live in a utopian hellhole? No thank you.

Ironically enough, CHAZ was mostly full of white people, and you'd get beat up for saying (or even questioning) anything against their bullshit narrative, regardless of what race you are.

Having once lived in the area and knowing what Seattle culture is like, I'll say it wasn't as bad and chaotic as say Fox News was making it out to be, but it also wasn't this safe haven for freedom/equality/justice that leftist media outlets were describing it as either. I think 7 people in total were killed, one of which could have been saved had protesters not blocked the police from entering. It was f'n dumb and the city should be held accountable.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2020, 07:01 AM
Here in NY we are moving to phase 4.

I’m fucking losing my mind.
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2020, 02:44 AM
Some restrictions returning in the UKnto stem the virus again.

This feels like we are basically losing a year or more of our lives. Utterly shit. Some of the noises coming from Chris Whitty, who has previously been pretty cool on vaccine prospects have been more positive of late. I hope so. I dont want another year of this fucking nonsense
09-23-2020, 11:01 AM
(07-10-2020 06:08 PM)Snoop Wrote:  LOL. Live in a utopian hellhole? No thank you.

Ironically enough, CHAZ was mostly full of white people, and you'd get beat up for saying (or even questioning) anything against their bullshit narrative, regardless of what race you are.

Having once lived in the area and knowing what Seattle culture is like, I'll say it wasn't as bad and chaotic as say Fox News was making it out to be.

Oh, really? You're a regular viewer of Fox News, are you? What report exactly do you think exaggerated what was going on in the CHAZ?

I hate Fox News, but I find leftist attacks on it to be hilarious. It's nothing but a blatant attempt to deflect from the stupidity of your own side, or the side your sympathies lie with.

When something like this comes out of Fox, we'll talk.

And kudos to anyone who can watch this video and tell me if you noticed anything off about it.

https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/upl...61.mp4?_=1

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
09-23-2020, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2020 08:04 PM by Snoop.)
Well, the fact that they used digitally altered images and transposed photos from other cities kind of raised eyebrows to their journalistic integrity.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new...mous-zone/

I'm not a fan of CNN or MSNBC for the same reasons I'm not a fan of Fox news, which apparently you aren't a fan of either. There's nothing I've written that would suggest I align myself with the leftists or have sympathies for them. I also like how you conveniently left out (and altered) the second half of my statement:

Quote:Having once lived in the area and knowing what Seattle culture is like, I'll say it wasn't as bad and chaotic as say Fox News was making it out to be, but it also wasn't this safe haven for freedom/equality/justice that leftist media outlets were describing it as either. I think 7 people in total were killed, one of which could have been saved had protesters not blocked the police from entering. It was f'n dumb and the city should be held accountable.

Just because I'm against something that one side did, doesn't automatically mean I'm for the other.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

09-24-2020, 08:22 AM
(09-23-2020 12:11 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Well, the fact that they used digitally altered images and transposed photos from other cities kind of raised eyebrows to their journalistic integrity.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new...mous-zone/

Oh my God, Fox used a picture collage on a news story. Whoever heard of such a fucking thing. The only thing worse than the cries of "digitally altered images" is the capitulation and apology from Fox News.

The collage was comprised of several photos, all of which were taken in Seattle at different times and on different days, obviously.

Fox's "apology" wasn't for running "fake news", but rather essentially that they didn't run a byline under the image saying "this is a picture collage, containing several images of the chaos."

Or do you want to argue that there wasn't burning, looting, rioting, and people armed with machine guns in the CHAZ?

Quote:I'm not a fan of CNN or MSNBC for the same reasons I'm not a fan of Fox news, which apparently you aren't a fan of either. There's nothing I've written that would suggest I align myself with the leftists or have sympathies for them. I also like how you conveniently left out (and altered) the second half of my statement:

Just because I'm against something that one side did, doesn't automatically mean I'm for the other.

Just don't come in with some mealy-mouthed "both sides" argument. Oh well, it sucked but Fox News/Drumpf...

Left-wingers are in the streets burning, looting, rioting, and murdering, and it doesn't have a goddamn thing to do with fucking Fox News or the Bad Orange Man. Have the nuts to condemn it and stop trying to both sides the argument. Fox News doesn't have shit to do with it. It's a weasel comment of the type moral cowards use.

09-24-2020, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020 08:45 PM by Snoop.)
(09-24-2020 08:22 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Oh my God, Fox used a picture collage on a news story. Whoever heard of such a fucking thing. The only thing worse than the cries of "digitally altered images" is the capitulation and apology from Fox News.

The collage was comprised of several photos, all of which were taken in Seattle at different times and on different days, obviously.

Fox's "apology" wasn't for running "fake news", but rather essentially that they didn't run a byline under the image saying "this is a picture collage, containing several images of the chaos."

Or do you want to argue that there wasn't burning, looting, rioting, and people armed with machine guns in the CHAZ?

The collage would be fitting if the article was about the protests in its entirety throughout Seattle, but it wasn't. It was specifically about the CHAZ and two of the images used in the collage happened on a different day in a completely different part of Seattle outside of the CHAZ, which makes it inaccurate reporting.

Again, I'm not trying to argue that CHAZ wasn't a complete clusterfuck. It was (as the rest of my comment you cut out showed). But only one of those three images are actually from the CHAZ, so my beef is with being accurate, rather than making any sort of argument about the CHAZ.

Also, no comment on Fox News trying to pass an image from MN as one from the CHAZ? Seems like a pretty obvious example of bad reporting.

The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St. Paul, Minnesota, to illustrate a story about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

In this Associated Press photo from May 30, a protester runs past burning cars and buildings on Chicago Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota. (John Minchillo / The Associated Press)

Quote:Just don't come in with some mealy-mouthed "both sides" argument. Oh well, it sucked but Fox News/Drumpf...

Left-wingers are in the streets burning, looting, rioting, and murdering, and it doesn't have a goddamn thing to do with fucking Fox News or the Bad Orange Man. Have the nuts to condemn it and stop trying to both sides the argument. Fox News doesn't have shit to do with it. It's a weasel comment of the type moral cowards use.

I don't really disagree with anything you've said about the leftist induced riots. They've gotten completely out of hand, and they've been inaccurately reported by both sides of the media. It's not like those two facts can't simultaneously exist.

And what? Just because CNN produces really dumb and far-reaching news suddenly means we can't talk about inaccurate reporting by Fox News? That's silly logic. I mean you yourself said that you hate Fox News, so I don't really get what your problem is.

Also, since we're on the topic of weasely/cowardly behavior, no comment on altering my comment to pin me as making an argument that I'm not actually making?

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

09-24-2020, 08:25 PM
There is a color revolution being attempted right now in America. It's both fascinating and scary to witness.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-25-2020, 09:38 AM
(09-24-2020 07:33 PM)Snoop Wrote:  The collage would be fitting if the article was about the protests in its entirety throughout Seattle, but it wasn't. It was specifically about the CHAZ and two of the images used in the collage happened on a different day in a completely different part of Seattle outside of the CHAZ, which makes it inaccurate reporting.

No, it doesn't. What did they actually write in their report that was wrong? Just because you or someone else gets butthurt about a picture collage doesn't make it wrong.

Were there not people in the CHAZ with machine guns?

Quote:Again, I'm not trying to argue that CHAZ wasn't a complete clusterfuck. It was (as the rest of my comment you cut out showed).

I didn't cut it out. I didn't respond to your (limp-wristed, mealy-mouthed) criticisms of the CHAZ because it's obvious we agree there. I just don't agree with the both sides argument, which is what I was responding to.

Quote:But only one of those three images are actually from the CHAZ, so my beef is with being accurate, rather than making any sort of argument about the CHAZ.

Yes. I understand. You are faux outraged about a picture collage, but what about the actual reporting was wrong? You're butthurt because the reporters didn't show the actual picture of the actual machine gun? I've got news for you, people use stock photos all the fucking time in news.

You aren't criticizing Fox for inaccurate reporting, as collages and stock photos have jack shit to do with accuracy. Fox was completely accurate with their actual reporting. You're just using it as an excuse to engage in impotent "both sides" nonsense.

Quote:Also, no comment on Fox News trying to pass an image from MN as one from the CHAZ? Seems like a pretty obvious example of bad reporting.

The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St. Paul, Minnesota, to illustrate a story about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

In this Associated Press photo from May 30, a protester runs past burning cars and buildings on Chicago Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota. (John Minchillo / The Associated Press)

Again, were does Fox claim that the picture was from the CHAZ? It's an image of a city burning, which serves to illustrate their overall point of lawlessness, chaos, and destruction. Nowhere did they claim that was an image from the CHAZ, did they? It's a stupid fucking nitpick.

What's dishonest is when CBS puts their reporters in cars and lines them up around the hospital, only to publish a completely fabricated news story about how patients were waiting hours for China Virus testing.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...e-n2568366

Quote:I don't really disagree with anything you've said about the leftist induced riots. They've gotten completely out of hand, and they've been inaccurately reported by both sides of the media. It's not like those two facts can't simultaneously exist.

This both sides bullshit is absurd, and the entire crux of why I responded in the first place. You just can't make a straightforward condemnation. You literally MUST both sides that shit.

The left is destroying this country, not the right. The left are the ones burning, looting, rioting, and murdering. Leftwing media exacerbates the issue. It has fuck all to do with Dennis fucking Prager or fucking Fox News.

Any and all attempts to somehow indict the right for what the left is clearly at fault for is dishonest at best.

Quote:And what? Just because CNN produces really dumb and far-reaching news suddenly means we can't talk about inaccurate reporting by Fox News? That's silly logic. I mean you yourself said that you hate Fox News, so I don't really get what your problem is.

My problem isn't criticizing Fox News, who blows. It's the complete inability of people like you to just full on criticize the left, without trying to both sides the issue. It isn't both fucking sides. The CHAZ was a fucking disaster, and it had NOTHING to do with fucking Fox News, and which picture they decided to include with their completely accurate reporting.

Quote:Also, since we're on the topic of weasely/cowardly behavior, no comment on altering my comment to pin me as making an argument that I'm not actually making?

I never altered one fucking word you said. Look at my posting history. I quote the parts I disagree with all the time, to give more succinct responses. I don't quote shit I agree with if I want to argue about something I disagree with. Why would I? It's dumb.

You know what you said. Everyone knows what you said. It's literally recorded history. Anyone can go back and read everything we've said from the beginning of this conversation to now. I didn't "alter" anything. I just called you out on your mealy-mouthed, limp-dicked criticisms. Man the fuck up, call people out on their shit, and be done with it. Stop with the both sides bullshit. There aren't two sides to this. The left is destroying this country, period, end of discussion.

09-25-2020, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2020 05:32 PM by Snoop.)
(09-25-2020 09:38 AM)Warlord Wrote:  No, it doesn't. What did they actually write in their report that was wrong? Just because you or someone else gets butthurt about a picture collage doesn't make it wrong.

Were there not people in the CHAZ with machine guns?

There were people in the CHAZ with machine guns and the one picture depicting that is correct. What's wrong with the collage is that two of the pictures included in the collage are not from the CHAZ and should therefore not be in a report about the CHAZ. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Quote:I didn't cut it out. I didn't respond to your (limp-wristed, mealy-mouthed) criticisms of the CHAZ because it's obvious we agree there. I just don't agree with the both sides argument, which is what I was responding to.

My argument about "both sides" is about media depiction, not about who is responsible for things like the CHAZ happening. You are confusing the two.

Quote:Yes. I understand. You are faux outraged about a picture collage, but what about the actual reporting was wrong? You're butthurt because the reporters didn't show the actual picture of the actual machine gun? I've got news for you, people use stock photos all the fucking time in news.

You aren't criticizing Fox for inaccurate reporting, as collages and stock photos have jack shit to do with accuracy. Fox was completely accurate with their actual reporting. You're just using it as an excuse to engage in impotent "both sides" nonsense.

The photos that are used with news reports do contribute to the accuracy of reporting. If they didn't, why else would photographs need to be pulled and amendments need to be made?

Quote:Again, were does Fox claim that the picture was from the CHAZ? It's an image of a city burning, which serves to illustrate their overall point of lawlessness, chaos, and destruction. Nowhere did they claim that was an image from the CHAZ, did they? It's a stupid fucking nitpick.

I dunno. Maybe in the headline that says, "Seattle helpless as armed guards patrol anarchists' 'autonomous zone', shake down businesses: cops"?

You really think that pulling a photo from a certain time and place, and sticking it behind a headline about a completely different time and place, serves solely to "illustrate a point" and that readers will not think the photo is from the place being reported on? I mean, are you fucking serious? If there's anyone here trying to justify biased reporting, it's you.

Quote:What's dishonest is when CBS puts their reporters in cars and lines them up around the hospital, only to publish a completely fabricated news story about how patients were waiting hours for China Virus testing.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...e-n2568366

What is the point of bringing this up? I don't disagree with you that liberal media outlets produce garbage news reports too.

Quote:This both sides bullshit is absurd, and the entire crux of why I responded in the first place. You just can't make a straightforward condemnation. You literally MUST both sides that shit.

The left is destroying this country, not the right. The left are the ones burning, looting, rioting, and murdering. Leftwing media exacerbates the issue. It has fuck all to do with Dennis fucking Prager or fucking Fox News.

Any and all attempts to somehow indict the right for what the left is clearly at fault for is dishonest at best.

No it's not. Just because one side is wrong doesn't absolve the other side from wrongdoing. It's idiotic to think that it does.

You're also creating an argument that I am not making. My issue is with the standards of reporting with Fox News. I never said that it contributed to the chaos that ensued at the CHAZ. That is a leap of logic that you made on your own.

Quote:My problem isn't criticizing Fox News, who blows. It's the complete inability of people like you to just full on criticize the left, without trying to both sides the issue. It isn't both fucking sides. The CHAZ was a fucking disaster, and it had NOTHING to do with fucking Fox News, and which picture they decided to include with their completely accurate reporting.

Again, I never said Fox News contributed to the CHAZ being a disaster. My original point is that their misreporting made it seem worse than it actually was (i.e. there were no buildings on fire at the time of that report), but that liberal media made is seem safer than it actually was, and that the overall creation and existence of CHAZ was f'n dumb because it resulted in deaths that could have been prevented.

If you wanna argue that Fox News wasn't misreporting, fine. But that's not what you're saying. You're getting teed off because you think I'm saying the right and right-leaning media is partially responsible for the riots and things like the CHAZ, and I haven't said anything of the sort. If it's not clear that I think the CHAZ was purely inspired by the left, well, I'm saying it now.

Quote:I never altered one fucking word you said. Look at my posting history. I quote the parts I disagree with all the time, to give more succinct responses. I don't quote shit I agree with if I want to argue about something I disagree with. Why would I? It's dumb.

You changed the "comma" to a "period" of my initial statement. It's a slight alteration, but enough to show you made a deliberate effort to change what I was saying, because this statement:

Quote:Having once lived in the area and knowing what Seattle culture is like, I'll say it wasn't as bad and chaotic as say Fox News was making it out to be.

Reads much differently than this statement:

Quote:Having once lived in the area and knowing what Seattle culture is like, I'll say it wasn't as bad and chaotic as say Fox News was making it out to be, but it also wasn't this safe haven for freedom/equality/justice that leftist media outlets were describing it as either. I think 7 people in total were killed, one of which could have been saved had protesters not blocked the police from entering. It was f'n dumb and the city should be held accountable.

It's called "quoting out of context".

Quote:You know what you said. Everyone knows what you said. It's literally recorded history. Anyone can go back and read everything we've said from the beginning of this conversation to now. I didn't "alter" anything. I just called you out on your mealy-mouthed, limp-dicked criticisms. Man the fuck up, call people out on their shit, and be done with it. Stop with the both sides bullshit. There aren't two sides to this. The left is destroying this country, period, end of discussion.

I do know what I said and I haven't denied any of it. What I am denying is your conjecture of what I said because you're twisting my words so that you can spew your hatred for the left onto me. I mean sure, I get it. The country is in crisis and the idiotic garbage arguments being made on the left isn't helping, but I'm also not the guy who is making them.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)