Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Coronavirus
04-12-2020, 09:20 PM
RE: Coronavirus
Indeed. It’s a sad state of affairs. If anyone wants to know what Rom is talking about, look at the pork the Dems wanted to include in the relief bill passed by the senate. The power grab the Left is attempting is unprecedented in the modern Western world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2020, 02:01 AM
I would consider it more dangerous than the flu because we don't have a vaccine/cure for it yet, and it seems to be extremely contagious. The survival rate is around 98% though, so most will be fine. I say open the country back up in June and rely on herd immunity (fuck it).
05-14-2020, 12:00 AM
How you guys holding up?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2020, 01:46 AM
(05-14-2020 12:00 AM)Snoop Wrote:  How you guys holding up?

The Coronavirus doesn't scare me one bit. I am 46, not fat and in great health, it can't kill me. My parents in their 70's and 80's respectively are well cared for and I am happy to do some running around on their behalf so that they are unlikely to catch the virus.

Having said all that, the economic fallout from all these batshit crazy lockdowns scares the shit out of me.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-14-2020, 02:14 AM
I think it's time the lockdown was adjusted to suit what Ollie says. Locking down the entire country is ludicrous now. We have learned but we havent adapted. Shield the over 60s. Its harsh on them, but they have less to contribute towards not fucking up our world for the younger generation.

It's stupid at this point to not allow young healthy people back to work and school, and also to pass the virus around between themselves buildon immunity.

It may seem harsh on older people. But that's better than harsh on literally everyone
05-14-2020, 05:05 AM
(05-14-2020 02:14 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I think it's time the lockdown was adjusted to suit what Ollie says. Locking down the entire country is ludicrous now. We have learned but we havent adapted. Shield the over 60s. Its harsh on them, but they have less to contribute towards not fucking up our world for the younger generation.

It's stupid at this point to not allow young healthy people back to work and school, and also to pass the virus around between themselves buildon immunity.

It may seem harsh on older people. But that's better than harsh on literally everyone

This si how it should've been from the get-go. Let the younger ones carry the load and look after the aged, let us work and be productive. I heard Elon Musk on Joe Rogan's podcast and I assume he was talking about America when he said the average age of the Corona death was older than the average age of death!

So I looked into it in NZ and it was THE SAME!

As the dust settles this will go down as one of the greatest media fabricated con jobs of all time. certainly in America the MSM aided by the Dems (or is the other way around) have been quite happy to grind the economy into the dust if it gives them a better chance of defeating 'Orange Man Bad.' It disgusts me.is

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-14-2020, 08:36 AM
An antibody test has been approved for use. I suspect its use will show this thing to have a death rate much lower than initially thought.
05-14-2020, 09:48 AM
I'm fat as shit, drinking more than I ever have, sleeping in and spending more time with the family than ever before. Took a little hit money-wise, but not as bad as I thought.

Things are OK here in sunny Bewdley.

Black
05-14-2020, 10:45 AM
I hear what y'all are saying reopening the economy. I work in real estate management and it's been fucking TOUGH on the tenants I work with. Doesn't help my job or my conscious when people have to choose between paying for food and their rent. At the same time I got some friends in the medical field and some of them tell me it's batshit fucking crazy what's going on in there. Most of them have said the lockdowns have help flatten the curve and prevented the system from being overwhelmed. Then you got all the conspiracy theories. I won't even go there...

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2020, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2020 06:12 PM by blackbelt2003.)
My girlfriend works in the medical industry. Her company (she's a high level manager) has been kitting out all the pop up Nightingale hospitals all over the country and managing engineers who are maintaining and moving hospital equipment.

She says there is some weird shit going on. The engineers are being told to say things that haven't happened, have been told to fix kit that isn't broke and tell everyone it's down to overuse and the hospitals being under equipped, and report to the media if questioned how busy hospitals are when they are abso-fucking empty. The reasoning for this is 'to tell a few white lies for the greater good to keep the public safe'.

Hospitals are empty and the engineers are sat around in empty wards twiddling their thumbs.

My best friend's wife is a nurse and she is saying the same: that there was a marked increase in activity in the first few weeks of the virus, but nothing too scary and now everywhere is quiet and empty.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, and clearly there is a pandemic that is claiming lives, but she is saying there is some shady shit going on behind closed doors.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)