Pacquio - Spence 8/21 Done
05-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Pacquio - Spence 8/21 Done
Wow...Pac trying to go out with a bang.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2021, 12:54 AM
RE: Pacquio - Spence 8/21 Done
Pac.... You have to love him. And I think Spence is the cleverest pick he could make in terms of taking on another young dude.

He is live here.
05-23-2021, 05:05 AM
Manny is a goddam maniac for taking this fight. If he were to somehow win his career is instantly greater than Floyd's. Yeah I said it.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-23-2021, 04:27 PM
(05-23-2021 05:05 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Manny is a goddam maniac for taking this fight. If he were to somehow win his career is instantly greater than Floyd's. Yeah I said it.

I'd argue that his career is already better than Floyd's. Skill and career accomplishments are two different things.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2021, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2021 05:48 PM by blackbelt2003.)
I wouldn't say Pac's career is actually better than Floyd's in terms of accomplishments (although I wouldn't argue the matter)...but I know whose I prefer - and it's usually always the guy with a few losses because of all the seemingly-impossible challenges taken over the perfect record with asterisks (and let's face it, a perfect career usually comes with asterisks).

Black
05-24-2021, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2021 03:09 AM by Snoop.)
(05-23-2021 05:48 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I wouldn't say Pac's career is actually better than Floyd's in terms of accomplishments (although I wouldn't argue the matter)...but I know whose I prefer - and it's usually always the guy with a few losses because of all the seemingly-impossible challenges taken over the perfect record with asterisks (and let's face it, a perfect career usually comes with asterisks).

Black

I guess it depends on how you're defining accomplishments. I mean Floyd certainly generated the most amount of cash and PPV sales than any other boxer in the history of the sport, but post DLH, he legitimately did not go into a fight where he thought there would be a chance he would lose. Granted, all fighters should go into a fight believing they'll win, but he never really took a risk, and for all the incredible skill he had, that counts against him.

My grip with Pac was never really the fights he took. I've always admired him wanting to challenge himself. My thing was that I still think there's evidence he was on PEDs, but well, there is for Floyd too so there's that.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2021, 05:30 AM
(05-24-2021 02:45 AM)Snoop Wrote:  My grip with Pac was never really the fights he took. I've always admired him wanting to challenge himself. My thing was that I still think there's evidence he was on PEDs, but well, there is for Floyd too so there's that.

I didn't want to bring up Pac and the roids, but if you are then I'll join in.

Pac was obviously dirty and I suspect if he's fighting Spence it's because he's found a new doctor who can hide the roids from the blood tests and he's gonna come in looking like the Hulk.

If he comes in looking middle aged and gets destroyed I'll have a lot more respect for him than if he looks great and wins because we all know he doesn't have the natural tools anymore to take a young buck like Spence - even after the accident.

I can't forgive him for all the cheating and careers he sidetracked because of his flagrant use. I hope Spence maims him.
05-24-2021, 06:20 AM
(05-24-2021 02:45 AM)Snoop Wrote:  I guess it depends on how you're defining accomplishments. I mean Floyd certainly generated the most amount of cash and PPV sales than any other boxer in the history of the sport, but post DLH, he legitimately did not go into a fight where he thought there would be a chance he would lose. Granted, all fighters should go into a fight believing they'll win, but he never really took a risk, and for all the incredible skill he had, that counts against him.

My grip with Pac was never really the fights he took. I've always admired him wanting to challenge himself. My thing was that I still think there's evidence he was on PEDs, but well, there is for Floyd too so there's that.

These days I'm pretty sure that legit 90-95% of the top guys are cycling on and off something at some point in their career. It's like believing a dude can win the Tour De France clean. I mean I guess it's possible, just not probable.

Sprinting is another one, Usain Bolt was doped to the eyeballs, take it to the bank.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
06-18-2021, 03:42 PM
No VADA testing for this fight.

This might be a great fight if Pac is juiced to the gills.
06-19-2021, 01:29 PM
(06-18-2021 03:42 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  No VADA testing for this fight.

This might be a great fight if Pac is juiced to the gills.

Hilarious

At +250 Pac might be a decent bet on output alone.

It would almost be worth it to see Pac come in looking like the Hulk and win just to shine a spotlight on how dirty this sport is.

Boxing deserves to have Spence-Crawford collapse.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)