Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kambosos vs....
04-07-2022, 03:17 PM
RE: Kambosos vs....
Haney isn’t a bad fighter skill wise. He has an effective style and some skills..,but he doesn’t have IT.

Dude can’t close, isn’t interesting and won’t win over judges in a hostile territory.

I’m not saying he can’t win a decision in a vacuum…I’m saying he likely won’t in a beloved fighters country.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2022, 07:02 PM
Haney by decision is probably the smart bet. I’m sure he will have a better plan than Teo did. I’m rooting for Kambo because he impressed me in his last fight. The fight being in Australia is also a wildcard. This fight will tell us a lot about Kambo. My official pick is Haney by decision, but I won’t mind being wrong.
06-05-2022, 12:09 AM
Haney is the best lightweight in the world
06-05-2022, 12:38 AM
He very well might be after that performance. That’s the best I’ve seen him look. He had Kambo totally bewildered.
06-05-2022, 08:37 AM
I bet the over.

Boring, low return…but safe. I wasn’t confident that Haney would get more than 6 rounds even if he won 9.

He fought a really good fight and was a stylistic nightmare for Kambosos. His jab is a problem, but I think Loma is the guy that would solve it.

Please no rematch…let Kambosos fight Rollie or Diaz next.
06-05-2022, 11:20 AM
I wish Haney had gone for the kill in the final round. You’re in total control, now let’s lay it on him. I get it though. Play it safe, why shift gears if you don’t have to. Mayweather would do the same shit. It would be more memorable though if they went for the kill, and the fans would certainly appreciate it more.
06-05-2022, 11:47 AM
Haney doesn’t have it in him. He’s not a closer…he’s boring as shit too.
06-05-2022, 12:22 PM
(06-05-2022 11:20 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I wish Haney had gone for the kill in the final round. You’re in total control, now let’s lay it on him. I get it though. Play it safe, why shift gears if you don’t have to. Mayweather would do the same shit. It would be more memorable though if they went for the kill, and the fans would certainly appreciate it more.

That's exactly what I thought. I hate the Floyd comparison, but it's perfect. Haney is fast, extremely coordinated, and he's got a great jab. So, like Floyd, he won't have to take many risks in his career to win except against guys who can get past his jab and make him pay with combos once they're inside. I like the Loma matchup for that reason.

Haney won't ever be a box office draw because of that style, so he'll need those kinds of fights to make the big money.

I did like the idea that Haney was fighting in Tijuana as a teenager. That is product differentiation in a young fighters life!
06-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Haney beats everybody at LW right now. I think even Loma struggles with him. The fight to make every purist shoot a big fat load would be Shakur coming to 135 and Devin v Shakur my gid would that be a chess match for the ages.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
06-05-2022, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2022 10:49 PM by Snoop.)
(06-05-2022 12:22 PM)salvador Wrote:  That's exactly what I thought. I hate the Floyd comparison, but it's perfect. Haney is fast, extremely coordinated, and he's got a great jab. So, like Floyd, he won't have to take many risks in his career to win except against guys who can get past his jab and make him pay with combos once they're inside. I like the Loma matchup for that reason.

Haney won't ever be a box office draw because of that style, so he'll need those kinds of fights to make the big money.

I did like the idea that Haney was fighting in Tijuana as a teenager. That is product differentiation in a young fighters life!

Haney is like Floyd in the later stages of Floyd's career, only that Haney is 23. I was watching a lot of Floyd's older fights, and he went in often to trade. Haney, on the other hand, played it as safe as possible - jabbing well on the outside, tying up on the inside. Smart fight. Boring as hell.

I'm hoping Kambosos fights someone like Ryan Garcia, Haney fights Tank or Loma. There's so much talent in the division, it's such a shame nobody is fighting each other.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)