Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Haney vs Metro
04-21-2024, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 01:03 AM by Snoop.)
RE: Haney vs Metro
Man WTF is Garcia doing? Could have closed it out a few times now.

Haney can't figure out that left hook.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2024, 01:09 AM
Garcia won the fight and to be honest I can't believe the referee didn't deduct a point for holding by Haney.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2024, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 01:18 AM by Snoop.)
Good win for Garcia. Dude is still crazy af.

Alright, how much did the 3lbs play into the fight?

Good on Haney for not using it as an excuse.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

04-21-2024, 01:31 AM
Nutty as a nut bar and an asterisk over the win due to coming in overweight. However I really didn't like Haney being given that win over Loma I'm sort of happy karma got him today.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-21-2024, 02:23 AM
In rounds I had it 7-5 for Haney, but with the knockdowns Garcia edges it on my card 113-112. The point deduction from the ref would make it a draw, but that ref was such a biased piece of shit I won’t bother counting it.

Haney clinched way too much, and I think this made him more vulnerable to the left hook. Would’ve been better off fighting at a distance with his right hand up, and it would’ve been better for him to employ a body attack like he did against Loma.

Garcia looked crazy in there too. Wacky ass shoulder roll, and he kept turning his back like an amateur. He failed to go for the kill at times as well. I couldn’t believe he was dancing and running in the 12th round when he needed to finish strong. He’s lucky he got the decision.

They might as well rematch because Tank and Teofimo will whoop them both. I just hope we will see a better fight with less clinching and a better ref.
04-21-2024, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 10:27 AM by salvador.)
I think Metro is satisfied with his Haney fight. Even a ko wouldn't do any more for him in a rematch and he's said he can't make 140 anymore anyway, so he couldn't get a belt out of it either.

Metro said he wants Fundora at 154, which I think would be a better risk/reward.
04-21-2024, 03:39 PM
Haney is the next Amir Khan. Good boxer but can't FIGHT for shit. No chin and not enough power to keep fighters at bay. Khan had more pop and wouldn't be afraid to stand and trade.... Haney just doesn't have that dog in him. Garcia was too big, fast and strong. I already knew his chin was suspect but his aura is gone. Anyone who can, will walk him down and KO him.
04-21-2024, 04:25 PM
(04-21-2024 02:23 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  In rounds I had it 7-5 for Haney, but with the knockdowns Garcia edges it on my card 113-112. The point deduction from the ref would make it a draw, but that ref was such a biased piece of shit I won’t bother counting it.

Haney clinched way too much, and I think this made him more vulnerable to the left hook. Would’ve been better off fighting at a distance with his right hand up, and it would’ve been better for him to employ a body attack like he did against Loma.

Garcia looked crazy in there too. Wacky ass shoulder roll, and he kept turning his back like an amateur. He failed to go for the kill at times as well. I couldn’t believe he was dancing and running in the 12th round when he needed to finish strong. He’s lucky he got the decision.

They might as well rematch because Tank and Teofimo will whoop them both. I just hope we will see a better fight with less clinching and a better ref.

I had the fight scored the same way, so I actually didn't think the draw card was as outrageous as the reactions that I've been reading online. It's funny how 3 knockdowns can totally obscure how the entirety of the fight was going. Haney won most of the rounds; it was just boring to watch.

I thought the ref calling him on the shot was okay, but Garcia should have gotten a warning rather than being deducted a point straight off the bat. It might have had to do with the fact that Garcia was doing annoying shit throughout the entire fight - turning his back, looping his arm around to lock the head, etc. - so maybe the ref had enough at that point. Who knows.

But yeah, Garcia ain't right in the head. It's weird how people are suddenly justifying all his crazyass behavior just because he won. That doesn't prove shit. Crazyass people can fight too. He even fought like someone who has a screw loose. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't step on the gas every time he had Haney hurt, and one time I'm pretty sure he just stood there and let Haney hit him to the body. It was bizarre. His post-fight speech also didn't help, talking about looking out for the kids and everything. Him saying he has ADHD does explain a lot though.

Oddly enough I actually this win is going to be bad for the overall trajectory of Ryan Garcia and for boxing in general. Again, I'm surprised at how much people are willing to just ignore all the crazy shit he's been doing just because he won, and him weighing over 3lbs is kind of an afterthought. Three pounds is a lot when you're cutting weight.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

04-21-2024, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 11:41 PM by Method.)
(04-21-2024 02:23 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Garcia looked crazy in there too. Wacky ass shoulder roll, and he kept turning his back like an amateur. He failed to go for the kill at times as well. I couldn’t believe he was dancing and running in the 12th round when he needed to finish strong. He’s lucky he got the decision.

This, and the 3 lbs over contracted weighin wt pretty much sums up this fight for me. Garbage all around, and not at all a F.o.Y. as most are spewing.

One of those DAZN announcers had Metro's cock SO FAR down his throat I was amazed he could articulate all of the compliments he was paying to Garcia all night.

Garcia is an amateur. Haney was so outgunned, and the size diff was noticeable. Im so happy to see Bill Haney have to walk back all of his BDE. Hate Bill Haney. Hate Garcia. Hated this ref. Incorrectly ruled two addt'l KDs in that mid round as what, slips? Ridic.

Was also funny/ironic to see Oscar and Bernard right up in the ring immediately after, and at the presser. Night and day from the Tank fight. Guess no "death threats"? Though a real beef w Bill Haney?
04-22-2024, 12:18 PM
(04-21-2024 03:39 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Haney is the next Amir Khan. Good boxer but can't FIGHT for shit. No chin and not enough power to keep fighters at bay. Khan had more pop and wouldn't be afraid to stand and trade.... Haney just doesn't have that dog in him. Garcia was too big, fast and strong. I already knew his chin was suspect but his aura is gone. Anyone who can, will walk him down and KO him.

Amir Khan might even be too generous. Like you said, at least Amir Khan could crack and was willing to go in. Haney breaks down under pressure. I remember seeing it when Loma figured out his footwork pattern. It'll be interesting to see how he recovers mentally after this fight, but I don't see it going well.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)