Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Things not thread worthy
03-12-2024, 08:54 PM
RE: Things not thread worthy
Nope, I haven't seen it. The list of series I haven't gotten around to seeing is long.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2024, 03:31 PM
Tszyu vs Fundora is $69.95

Not a good look for Amazon Prime's first PPV

I would have bought Tszyu - Thurman just to support Amazon getting into the sport. But this is offensive.
03-30-2024, 09:39 PM
(03-12-2024 11:16 AM)salvador Wrote:  Warlord,

I thought you'd get a kick out of the latest PC outrage about the new Shogun series:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/writ...murai-show

LOL. It’s impossible to mock the left now, because anything you make up will pale in comparison to reality.

That said, I’m not watching this series and have no desire to. Even the trailers put it very far away from the novel (which is probably my favorite book of all time and one I have recommended here many times in the past.)

I’d recommend the book, of course, but if you want to watch a Shogun series, watch the old one starring Richard Chamberlain. It stayed fairly close to the novel, which means you won’t see dozens of action scenes featuring strong wahmen and dark rain soaked imagery with dumb exposition voice overs and retarded, pretentious dialogue written by liberal arts majors whose combined writing talents could almost fill a thimble.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
04-04-2024, 01:08 PM
(03-30-2024 09:39 PM)Warlord Wrote:  LOL. It’s impossible to mock the left now, because anything you make up will pale in comparison to reality.

That said, I’m not watching this series and have no desire to. Even the trailers put it very far away from the novel (which is probably my favorite book of all time and one I have recommended here many times in the past.)

I’d recommend the book, of course, but if you want to watch a Shogun series, watch the old one starring Richard Chamberlain. It stayed fairly close to the novel, which means you won’t see dozens of action scenes featuring strong wahmen and dark rain soaked imagery with dumb exposition voice overs and retarded, pretentious dialogue written by liberal arts majors whose combined writing talents could almost fill a thimble.

Damn. A work buddy got me watching the series. Mariko is smokin.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)