Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Felix Trinidad-Paul Williams
03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:Quick note: I see people bring up Williams bein a sucker for the left, but that's mainly straight or over hand lefts from southpaws..not left hooks from orthodox fighters!

Other than the devastating KO from the Middleweight champion (that shot would have taken most out anyways) Williams has shown the ability to eat punchers like his starving and still continue to overwhelm is opponents with his punchers. Williams's power is a lil underrated as it's a lil above average.

Trinidad has shown to be vulnerable and have seen many times in his career on shaky legs, not too mention dropped countless times. Against Williams, Tito being the slow starter he is will be faced with a fighter who fights at a frantic pace from the opening bell to the final bell. Williams will be a big threat to Tito early (mainly at 154-160) which will leave Tito open for knockdowns in the first couple of rounds.
Williams has shown he is able to eat punches because the majority of his opponents were not particularly big punchers & certainly not finishers of Tito's caliber. Williams himself does have decent pop but it is more volume than power that does it for Paul. Tito suffered a number of knockdowns in his career but that is more to do with him being cold rather than chinny & he sure as shit was never KO'd by a single shot & has never taken a 10 count. He has 3 losses & 2 of those are to ATG champions & only one of those losses was in his prime against arguably the best 160lber in history.

I guess this is something that we will never agree on. I just happen to think that Williams does not bring enough to the table & bar height & reach Tito does everything better than Williams.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Quick note: I see people bring up Williams bein a sucker for the left, but that's mainly straight or over hand lefts from southpaws..not left hooks from orthodox fighters!

Other than the devastating KO from the Middleweight champion (that shot would have taken most out anyways) Williams has shown the ability to eat punchers like his starving and still continue to overwhelm is opponents with his punchers. Williams's power is a lil underrated as it's a lil above average.

Trinidad has shown to be vulnerable and have seen many times in his career on shaky legs, not too mention dropped countless times. Against Williams, Tito being the slow starter he is will be faced with a fighter who fights at a frantic pace from the opening bell to the final bell. Williams will be a big threat to Tito early (mainly at 154-160) which will leave Tito open for knockdowns in the first couple of rounds.
Williams has shown he is able to eat punches because the majority of his opponents were not particularly big punchers & certainly not finishers of Tito's caliber. Williams himself does have decent pop but it is more volume than power that does it for Paul. Tito suffered a number of knockdowns in his career but that is more to do with him being cold rather than chinny & he sure as shit was never KO'd by a single shot & has never taken a 10 count. He has 3 losses & 2 of those are to ATG champions & only one of those losses was in his prime against arguably the best 160lber in history.

I guess this is something that we will never agree on. I just happen to think that Williams does not bring enough to the table & bar height & reach Tito does everything better than Williams.

Many fighters with good chins have been KO'd before and other fighters with not as good chins go a career not being KO'd. I guess it also comes down to landing 'that' perfect shot at the perfect time!

Not all of Williams's opponents were devastating punchers but his chin held up to enough clean, flush shots and also bombs onto that deceiving chin of Williams. Williams not only took them frequently enough to prove his solid chin and has taken monster shots with ease and lil reaction. Margarito eg.

I don't dispute the idea of Trinidad beating Williams any from 147-160 or even rule out Trinidad KO either as I think Trinidad takes it at Welterweight, 154 being one of the closest ones and Williams taking it at Middleweight.

I have my reasons as to why I think Williams was capable of beating Trinidad which you don't see and that's cool!
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
JD Wrote:His inability to use that height advantage or avoid a left hand would be disastrous here.
A funny kind of disasterous though. Thinking Tommy Hearns flopping about all over the ring kind of unintentional hilarity.

For the record I am a big Hearns fan but newborn giraffes have better legs when they are born than Tommy after a big punch.

Roflmao

I don't call him The Definition for nothin'. Tito by baby seal clubbing at any weight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Different date: Winky Wright-Paul Williams ViperSniper 0 303 05-03-2020 06:00 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Roberto Duran-Felix Tito Trinidad ViperSniper 6 2,968 10-26-2017 05:57 AM
Last Post: Warlord
  Miguel Cotto - Paul Williams: Who wins? ViperSniper 29 16,230 02-07-2016 06:42 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)