Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Carl Froch-Lucian Bute build up thread
05-26-2012, 10:31 PM
LOL... Props to Froch. I think I lost a sig bet to someone???

Froch is a beast. I'm a fan!

I think he should rematch the first man to beat him... Dirrell Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 11:05 PM
wow i thought Bute was gonna blow Froch away guess his ass is overrated after all.
05-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Well done Carl..Just destroyed Bute, was tagging him since the fight started. Froch is a proven warrior and a P4P fighter but he would lose by wide UD in a Ward rematch.

And DMarv I'll have your sig ready soon

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
05-27-2012, 12:10 AM
MrFactor Wrote:Credit to Froch in taking Ward's lunch money tonight. Showtime execs should be kicking themselves for not carrying this fight. Who is the idiot at Showtime who let this fight slip through their fingertips? I'm available if they need someone to help them make matchups...
Bute did something a real champion should do, he turned down an easier fight to go to someone's backyard. since he didn't do what Showtime wanted him to do and fight Andre Dirrell this fight got no play. i guess when you're with Al Haymon politics is more important than giving your subscribers a good fight
05-27-2012, 12:17 AM
salvador Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:Damn! Andre Ward is Great!
Andre Ward is a great boxer, but he doesn't have the search and destroy greatness that Froch showed tonight.

I'll take a B-level search and destroy guy over an A+ level boxer every day of the week.
i wouldn't, Ward is a good boxer. he can be pretty versatile in the ring too. but the facts are the facts, Carl Froch is a guy that'll travel anywhere and fight anyone. Ward is the better fighter but he isn't as good of a champion, not until he gets the wins outside of Oakland.
05-27-2012, 12:24 AM
It's odd...because Ward doesn't even draw in his own backyard, but he gets his fights there.

In many ways, I think tonights fight did a lot to put Ward's W in perspective...it was a hell of a win. I would be fine with Ward returning the favor and fighting Froch in the UK; he wins again, but after he gets done handling Dawson I don't know how many other fights there are for him.
05-27-2012, 01:34 AM
JD Wrote:It's odd...because Ward doesn't even draw in his own backyard, but he gets his fights there.

In many ways, I think tonights fight did a lot to put Ward's W in perspective...it was a hell of a win. I would be fine with Ward returning the favor and fighting Froch in the UK; he wins again, but after he gets done handling Dawson I don't know how many other fights there are for him.
There will always be fights for him. He's in one of those "tween" divisions. He can have his pick of anyone from 160-175.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Juss watched the fight since I figured ide do the MMA update.

I love Froch. His tenacity, his heart, his relentlessness is top notch. Bute was exposed. Idkk what his game plan was but he didn't react well to punches tonite. The guy was wobbling all over the place. This is the type of fight that will make or break a fighter. After a tune up, I wanna see where Bute goes. Does he put up, shut up and work his ass off till he gets better, or will he continue fighting bums and fade into oblivion?... I'm thinkin the latter.

While watching the fight I wondered, would it be possible to deduct points for Clinching a certain number of times per round? After watching Bute grab over and over after being hurt it made me think, maybe 5 clinches in a round and you get a point taken.... You could clinch when necessary but excessive Clinching gets you a penalty. If you get rocced that badly that often then you deserve a standing 8..... Just a thought.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2012, 02:38 AM
JONdaCON Wrote:Juss watched the fight since I figured ide do the MMA update.

I love Froch. His tenacity, his heart, his relentlessness is top notch. Bute was exposed. Idkk what his game plan was but he didn't react well to punches tonite. The guy was wobbling all over the place. This is the type of fight that will make or break a fighter. After a tune up, I wanna see where Bute goes. Does he put up, shut up and work his ass off till he gets better, or will he continue fighting bums and fade into oblivion?... I'm thinkin the latter.

While watching the fight I wondered, would it be possible to deduct points for Clinching a certain number of times per round? After watching Bute grab over and over after being hurt it made me think, maybe 5 clinches in a round and you get a point taken.... You could clinch when necessary but excessive Clinching gets you a penalty. If you get rocced that badly that often then you deserve a standing 8..... Just a thought.
Get Tru on the case with a video.

Black
05-27-2012, 03:26 AM
That was proper impressive last night. Froch just totally destroyed him, walked through him in a manner I never thought he would. Next up I hope he gets Kessler and provided he avenges that defeat, which he will, I'd like to see Ward come to England.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe Calzaghe-Carl Froch: Who takes this? ViperSniper 11 8,387 07-25-2015 10:49 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Carl Froch says a Vegas fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is ‘nearly there’ boxingcritic 24 17,773 01-14-2015 07:44 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Jean Pascal-Lucian Bute is official! ViperSniper 4 3,616 03-16-2013 10:22 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)