Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Carl Froch-Lucian Bute build up thread
05-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Maxy Wrote:That was proper impressive last night. Froch just totally destroyed him, walked through him in a manner I never thought he would. Next up I hope he gets Kessler and provided he avenges that defeat, which he will, I'd like to see Ward come to England.
I think that would be a great course of action. You can't help but like Froch. His attitude & willingness to fight anyone anywhere is what makes me a fan of boxing. I would like to see a rematch against Ward purely because I think Froch would do better & the first fight was quite entertaining.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2012, 04:58 AM
There's a rematch clause in the contract but is there really any point? Fair enough, if Bute really wants it, but I don't reckon there's any other outcome, wherever they stage it. Surprised the fuck outta me just how easily Froch took him apart. I'd looked at Bute quite a bit lately and thought he'd give Froch an extremely hard fight. I'd read all the Bute fan boys proclaiming how magnificent he was and for that to happen I'm fuckin' chuffed to bits.
05-27-2012, 04:59 AM
lol, CEO. I laughed at the time, and laughed during the fight seeing Bute. But I was amused because I remember your check list for a weak chinned fighter, and Bute ticked your boxes. I remember 'peanut head' and 'pencil neck' was on your list, or something similar. But can you please put your check list again. It may come in handy again at some stage, and it was funny.
Nice prediction though. You're a good egg.

Lets see the list please, lol.
05-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Maxy Wrote:There's a rematch clause in the contract but is there really any point? Fair enough, if Bute really wants it, but I don't reckon there's any other outcome, wherever they stage it. Surprised the fuck outta me just how easily Froch took him apart. I'd looked at Bute quite a bit lately and thought he'd give Froch an extremely hard fight. I'd read all the Bute fan boys proclaiming how magnificent he was and for that to happen I'm fuckin' chuffed to bits.
Bute can take it if he wants, but it's pointless. The only thing that can change in the, rematch is that maybe he won't get abused like a red headed step child quite as bad as he did the first time. But it's still a risk, as he could still get abused in a much more violent manner.

I'd like Froch to maybe tempt Kessler to come back down to 168 to avenge that loss, or perhaps try move up in a year, if Kessler can pick up a cheap strap at 175 and try avenge it there. While in the mean time, Ward-Dawson are fighting or would've fought. Regardless of Ward and Dawson fighting at 168, they will be pretty much 175 fighters after the fight, as I am certain that Dawson will head back up to 175, regardless of the result, and Ward will probably move up there very shortly after anyways.
So maybe trying to avenge a Kessler loss at 175 isn't so bad in maybe the next 6-18 months. I don't like the idea of Froch trying to fight Ward just so soon. They just fought, and Froch looked a class below. He has nothing to be ashamed of, as Froch has the best resume, easily at 168 and has got some good runs on the board. I think he deserves to milk some fights, and even a more winnable fight like Kessler and gain some momentum and then generate a little more interest in a rematch with Ward, as I'd assume Ward would have gained some more recognition with a win over 175 champ in Dawson.
Froch should stay away from Ward and build some momentum and money, rather than fight Ward, lose and then lost some of that momentum he has going now.
05-27-2012, 05:16 AM
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Get Tru on the case with a video.

Black
Fuck that, why not just get him to be the guy that does the judging/counting aspect of this hypothetical 'clinching per round' rule. He's the only idiot that has the dedication to sit there and count how many times two guys hug in a round.
05-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Just watched the fight!

Very impressive win for Froch! His best victory to date!!

Froch really couldn't have fought a better fight. He showed all of his qualities & showed all his capabilities in this bout. Was all over Bute when he had to, roughed him up when he had to, always made sure to get the last punch in & never let him in the fight!

I don't think it's quite over yet for Bute. His has the skills But he never got the chance to settle n fought the wrong fight by waiting too long & it bit him in the ass extremely quickly as his chin could not hold up!
05-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:It's odd...because Ward doesn't even draw in his own backyard, but he gets his fights there.

In many ways, I think tonights fight did a lot to put Ward's W in perspective...it was a hell of a win. I would be fine with Ward returning the favor and fighting Froch in the UK; he wins again, but after he gets done handling Dawson I don't know how many other fights there are for him.
There will always be fights for him. He's in one of those "tween" divisions. He can have his pick of anyone from 160-175.
Are there though?

I mean, you gotta be able to sell it. Does he move up for the Cloud - Pascal winner? I thought he said he wouldn't move down...and I doubt anyone marketable (I know, there might not be anyone) at middle would move up to fight him in Cali.

Honestly, I can't really think of any fights that would sell all that well for Ward...sans the rematch with Froch in the UK or Pascal in Canada. I guess the Andre Dirrell fight might do OK but he has to get active, and he already opted not to fight Ward.
05-27-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm a little surprised that people really want to see Froch-Ward 2. Ward thoroughly beat Froch and there's no need for a rematch. Froch is the #2 guy in the division and that won't change unless Ward leaves. The fights that should be signed is Froch-Kessler 2 or Froch-Dirrell 2.
05-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't know that I would say I want to see it...but I would be fine with Ward fighting Froch in the UK, and I know that fight would sell ridiculously well.

I am really looking at what Ward's best options are at this point.
05-27-2012, 09:17 AM
gravytrain Wrote:
salvador Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:Damn! Andre Ward is Great!
Andre Ward is a great boxer, but he doesn't have the search and destroy greatness that Froch showed tonight.

I'll take a B-level search and destroy guy over an A+ level boxer every day of the week.
i wouldn't, Ward is a good boxer. he can be pretty versatile in the ring too. but the facts are the facts, Carl Froch is a guy that'll travel anywhere and fight anyone. Ward is the better fighter but he isn't as good of a champion, not until he gets the wins outside of Oakland.
You know he beat Abraham in Little Armenia (Carson, CA) and Froch in Atlantic City, NJ right?

The crowds were basically 50/50...watch and listen to their response during the ring walks....

The only TRUE "home turf" Ward has in America IS the city of Oakland.

Fitz Wrote:lol, CEO. I laughed at the time, and laughed during the fight seeing Bute. But I was amused because I remember your check list for a weak chinned fighter, and Bute ticked your boxes. I remember 'peanut head' and 'pencil neck' was on your list, or something similar. But can you please put your check list again. It may come in handy again at some stage, and it was funny.
Nice prediction though. You're a good egg.

Lets see the list please, lol.
Why thank you, Fitz...I appreciate that...you're ok yourself.

I think I originally put that list up at fh many years ago, but I may have also put it in Hate Freight thread...let me see.....

Quote:THAT'S what I'm talkin' about...back when I said peaheaded, long necked, and skinny legged...THAT'S The Trifecta to look for when you're determining potential, BRUTAL KO victims.
I think we can now safely add "protected" and "fights out of Canada" to that list...LOL.

damarvelous1 Wrote:I'm a little surprised that people really want to see Froch-Ward 2. Ward thoroughly beat Froch and there's no need for a rematch. Froch is the #2 guy in the division and that won't change unless Ward leaves. The fights that should be signed is Froch-Kessler 2 or Froch-Dirrell 2.
That.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe Calzaghe-Carl Froch: Who takes this? ViperSniper 11 8,387 07-25-2015 10:49 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Carl Froch says a Vegas fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is ‘nearly there’ boxingcritic 24 17,772 01-14-2015 07:44 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Jean Pascal-Lucian Bute is official! ViperSniper 4 3,615 03-16-2013 10:22 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)