Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Carl Froch-Lucian Bute build up thread
05-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I think a Froch - Kessler rematch would be outstanding...the fight would be competitive and entertaining; and we know that it would sell insanely well in either guys country.

Make it happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Kessler-Froch II would be an excellent fight to make. Kessler seems to have unluckily jumped at to LHW at a bad time. He was in line for Bute originally, instead the man he beat got the honour of taking away the 0 & getting the IBF strap! Now the man at Light Heavyweight moves out to the division just left!

Is it too late/much for Kessler to postponed his light heavyweight plans??

Froch should jump on a rematch with Bute next instead of a possible rematch with Ward. It's the best AND easier option.

How odd it would be to see Dawson get the win, stay at SMW, then face Froch in a unification bout lol!!
05-27-2012, 10:20 AM
JD Wrote:I think a Froch - Kessler rematch would be outstanding...the fight would be competitive and entertaining; and we know that it would sell insanely well in either guys country.

Make it happen.
Yeah agree but they have to do it in England this time. Froch will be keen to avenge that defeat and for me, Kessler is there for the taking. Last night was Froch's best performance. He said he was gonna retire if he lost to Bute but now there is sod all reason to contemplate that.

And despite everything I would still eventually like to see him and Ward box again.
05-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Maxy Wrote:
JD Wrote:I think a Froch - Kessler rematch would be outstanding...the fight would be competitive and entertaining; and we know that it would sell insanely well in either guys country.

Make it happen.
Yeah agree but they have to do it in England this time. Froch will be keen to avenge that defeat and for me, Kessler is there for the taking. Last night was Froch's best performance. He said he was gonna retire if he lost to Bute but now there is sod all reason to contemplate that.

And despite everything I would still eventually like to see him and Ward box again.
I think it should be in the UK...unlike many fighters who draw well at home, Froch has shown a willingness to leave the comforts of his backyard and fought Kessler in his homeland last time.
05-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I want Bute Froch 2 just about as much as any fight out there right now. I'd LOVE to see Froch destroy Bute in Canada. What could be more entertaining than that? Froch deserves an easy payday and I think it's important for Canadians to understand how overrated Bute really is.
05-27-2012, 11:48 AM
salvador Wrote:I want Bute Froch 2 just about as much as any fight out there right now. I'd LOVE to see Froch destroy Bute in Canada. What could be more entertaining than that? Froch deserves an easy payday and I think it's important for Canadians to understand how overrated Bute really is.
I actually have no problem with that either! I am seeing some smart fans around the net this morning acting like it was 1/2 a fluke and I totally stand behind the level of comp by Froch the last 3-4 years ago and Bute being over rated and hiding north of the border fighting chumps of a lesser comp level!
05-27-2012, 12:02 PM
The difference in competition/experience between the 2 is drastic!
05-27-2012, 12:16 PM
BrotherCane Wrote:
salvador Wrote:I want Bute Froch 2 just about as much as any fight out there right now. I'd LOVE to see Froch destroy Bute in Canada. What could be more entertaining than that? Froch deserves an easy payday and I think it's important for Canadians to understand how overrated Bute really is.
I actually have no problem with that either! I am seeing some smart fans around the net this morning acting like it was 1/2 a fluke and I totally stand behind the level of comp by Froch the last 3-4 years ago and Bute being over rated and hiding north of the border fighting chumps of a lesser comp level!
I suppose they could use the "it was all my toe's fault" gambit. I don't think it washes but as bad as it was it had to cut training time, not that anything matters other than the fact that Bute has an extremely low tolerance for flush shots.
05-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I have no desire to see rematches of fights where in the first fight one guy wasn't able to win a single round. I just can't get excited for something like that.
05-27-2012, 04:13 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I have no desire to see rematches of fights where in the first fight one guy wasn't able to win a single round. I just can't get excited for something like that.
I can understand that BBS!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe Calzaghe-Carl Froch: Who takes this? ViperSniper 11 8,387 07-25-2015 10:49 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Carl Froch says a Vegas fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is ‘nearly there’ boxingcritic 24 17,772 01-14-2015 07:44 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Jean Pascal-Lucian Bute is official! ViperSniper 4 3,616 03-16-2013 10:22 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)