Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Who has been the closest fighter to beating Floyd?
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I knew Castillo was going to be a favourite here but not expecting it to be so unanimous. The others have solid arguments.

Judah for the clean clear rounds he won and the KD.
De La Hoya based on the fact alone that one judge gave him the fight.

My pick for Mosley is based on thy moment alone. He ended up losing 10+ rounds after that, so I couldn't possibly be talking about the fight be close or competitive like that! Castillo was the most competitive, but I had Mayweather a clear winner as many saw it closer or to JLC!

Ol' Mosley was by no means the most competitive, but I do think he was the closest to taking that 0 so early in the fight!

This question can apply to any undefeated fighter. As skilled and talented as Mayweather is his competition has been kinda lame!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2012, 01:27 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
JONdaCON Wrote:It would have to be Castillo, DLH, Judah... The rest fall far behind.
This is my list too Jon.

Castillo, Fishnets, Zap! and then Mosley.

Mosley got the closest to icing Floyd but in the overall context of the fight he got thrashed.

Regarding Castillo many here know my thoughts on that fight. I have watched that fight (the first one) a few times and try as I might I can never give Floyd that fight. I've even tried to score it giving Floyd the benefit of the doubt on the close exchanges, because I know as a hater it can colour my view but Castillo won that fight!

I always wondered in the Zap! fight if that knock down had been ruled correctly would that have changed the fight? Probably not but it does make me wonder....
I always felt that if it was ruled a KD, zab may have had the confidence to win another round and possibly steal the fight. We all Zab is a headcase but I wonder how his career might have gone had he got his confidence bacc...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Closest to identical records facing each other? BrutalBodyShots 25 11,606 07-10-2014 12:54 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Rigo - "Beating Donaire was easy, beating Mares will be even easier" Fitz 17 13,961 05-13-2013 06:41 PM
Last Post: Fitz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)