Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Have we seen the best of them?
04-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Yep, Vic is on the "seen the best of them" list.

Smarty, I personally think Marquez is on that list as well. Sorry to burst your bubble, but who knows. Maquez keeps looking good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Fitz Wrote:Yep, Vic is on the "seen the best of them" list.

Smarty, I personally think Marquez is on that list as well. Sorry to burst your bubble, but who knows. Maquez keeps looking good.
No doubt it is wishful thinking but if he can take out Rios and Pac this year . . .
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:I wanna throw Devon Alexander into the mix of fighters who best days a yet to come. He is still a pretty young fighter that has the tools and ability but never reached expectations. Since his first defeat he has been in controversial fights but showed some good qualities aswell, like showing heart, courage and a great chin.

But it's because of the Maidana win I say this because he was able to do what many others fail to do and beat Maidana with no controversy or question marks! Alexander looked good in there against Maidana whose proven a tough customer and showed more awareness than ever. Alexander's made some adjustments that erased most his flaws like showing more focus, urgency & disipline. If he can continue working off that performance and gathers some wins and confidence he could possibly reach some of the people's original potential!
What about all them clinches? Wink

Seen the best -

BHop, Abraham, The Siamese Klit, Pac, Con, VOrtiz, Gamboa, Vic . . .

Yet to come - Mares, Broner, Ramming Speed, SMartinez, Dawson, FMJ, The Mexican Princesses . . . and JMM (I hope).

LOL! All them clinches is what will make Alexander Great!! Clinchubox numbers will be broken & greatness will be set at an all time high!

Good ones with Mares, Bradley (if outcome of Pac doesn't change that), Dawson (same as TB), FMJ & Chavez. As for JMM..I think we'd all be very, very lucky if we haven't seen the best from him!
04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Seen the best - PWill

Best yet to come - Lamont Peterson (when he kicks Con's arrogant prick ass again).
10-28-2019, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2019 05:13 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Have we seen the best of them?
*bump*

Fighters whose past their best?..

Lomachenko - he may still have his best work ahead of him, but interms of his progression as a fighter I believe we've already seen Lomachenko in his peak.

Kovalev - although his best work may be yet to come if he beats Canelo, but as a fighter I feel we may have seen Kov at his best

Usyk may need more time to grow into Heavyweight but feel he may have peaked here..especially now against the big boys we could see Usyk fizzle from here..

AJ?..unless he is a new fighter and wins the rematch..it has been a longtime since AJ has shown any improvements.

Fighters whose best is still to come?..

Canelo - keeps getting better and has this week to prove it some more!

Wilder - keeps improving

Crawford - some may say Crawford's already past his best at 140 but also feel he hasn't shown any restrictions or decline at Welter (despite giving up some size to his opponents)

Porter- he is currently peaking and the best may still be yet to come

Inoue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)