Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Chael Sonnen's new self-help book
04-10-2012, 12:00 AM
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Daaaaamn War came out full force. lol

Aight but c'mon bro you gotta stop bringing up Silva's early losses to chonan and takase and useing them as measureing sticks. Thats like saying well rusticampo and that thai guy whooped Pacqiaou so so will Bradley.
You're forgetting one thing. Pacquiao progressed as a fighter. Anderson didn't. Not on the ground. He's still just as susceptible to wrestlers and unorthodox fighters today as he was back in the 90's. Therefore I certainly do think it relevant to mention fights like Takase and Chonan, because Anderson simply hasn't learned how to deal with fighters like that.

If Sonnen had any sort of submission defense whatsoever, we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation right now.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 12:44 AM
In my defense, KB can testify to my hatred of Anderson Silva. lol

I shall always choose against him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 03:36 AM
JONdaCON Wrote:In my defense, KB can testify to my hatred of Anderson Silva. lol

I certainly appreciate your hate for Silva, I'm just cognizant of the fact that I was riding a very empty bandwagon as far as Chael Sonnen goes, for a long, long time before anyone else joined. I picked him from day one to beat Silva, and I was very nearly alone in doing so.

But as soon as Chael started doing his thing, beating Anderson up, cats were jumping out of the woodwork to bear witness to the light. All I basically want is NOT to see a lot of Tyson-Holyfield type behavior going on. Or, as we call it here at Boxing Unfiltered, pulling a BigG.

But please, please continue your hate for Anderson Silva, Jon. It is an exclusive club we have here, and I'm leaning towards letting you in, granted you display a steady, savory stream of vitriol towards all things Whaaaaaaaaanderson.

04-10-2012, 04:54 AM
JONdaCON Wrote:In my defense, KB can testify to my hatred of Anderson Silva. lol

For the love of fuck I hope you did not bet against him.
04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I've kind of drifted away from UFC recently. There hasn't been much happening that has held my interest, but this fight, this fight I will watch unfolding on this thread rather than the TV!
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Am i allowed to say that i think Anderson is a bit overrated and protected? Throw him in there with Jones! You can Irvin and Forrest at LHW then your fat ass should be able to make weight against Jones, who would also destroy him IMO.

Ide also take GSP over Anderson if they ever fought, tho it may sound crazy to some, but that's a diff beast entirely.

Don't worry Stevie, i may hate Anderson but there is still some cognitive thinkin here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
JONdaCON Wrote:Am i allowed to say that i think Anderson is a bit overrated and protected? Throw him in there with Jones! You can Irvin and Forrest at LHW then your fat ass should be able to make weight against Jones, who would also destroy him IMO.

Ide also take GSP over Anderson if they ever fought, tho it may sound crazy to some, but that's a diff beast entirely.

Don't worry Stevie, i may hate Anderson but there is still some cognitive thinkin here.
Overrated but not protected man. I would pick Jones to dominate Silva but Silva has fought everyone put in front of him in the Middleweight division. Henderson, Okami, Maia, Franklin, Sonnen, etc.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
JONdaCON Wrote:Am i allowed to say that i think Anderson is a bit overrated and protected? Throw him in there with Jones! You can Irvin and Forrest at LHW then your fat ass should be able to make weight against Jones, who would also destroy him IMO.

Saying Silva is over-rated and protected I can accept from you at this point, but I'm telling you, we have to draw a line somewhere. Guys coming out of the woodwork to shit on a fighter after he's old or already exposed guts me.

Anderson is overrated and has ALWAYS been over-rated. He's a product of the UFC hype machine. Is he a legitimately great fighter? Yes. Is he the GOAT, or near as good as his cum-dumpsters claim he is? NO! He couldn't carry Fedor's jock-strap, and he couldn't even be an acolyte sweeping Kazushi Sakuraba's throne.

04-11-2012, 12:00 AM
BigG Wrote:

Overrated but not protected man. I would pick Jones to dominate Silva but Silva has fought everyone put in front of him in the Middleweight division. Henderson, Okami, Maia, Franklin, Sonnen, etc.
Silva may not be actively protected, but he sure as hell hasn't fought a lot of great fighters. His best win is an old Dan Henderson who has never been very good at middleweight, a win that he had to earn after being behind on the cards.

As for Jones, PLEASE. Anderson Silva would decimate Jon Jones. Jones doesn't have good enough MMA wrestling to take Anderson down and grind him, and he doesn't have the striking. Anderson would time him and put him out. Machida was picking Jones apart until he got cut and freaked out at the sight of his own blood like a little bitch. What do you think Anderson would do?

Jones is skinny as fuck, has no neck, tooth-pick legs, and a nimble frame. I guarantee you he caves in the first time someone lands a solid shot on his chin. By cave in I mean on the mat convulsing like a drooling retard, doing his best imitation of a weekend at Bernie's.

04-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Warlord Wrote:Jones is skinny as fuck, has no neck, tooth-pick legs, and a nimble frame. I guarantee you he caves in the first time someone lands a solid shot on his chin. By cave in I mean on the mat convulsing like a drooling retard, doing his best imitation of a weekend at Bernie's.
I am not sold on Jones myself. Don't get me wrong he is most impressive inside the cage but I expect him to have a Hearns like chin & will suffer accordingly. I do quite like the guy though as he does some very exciting finishes so far. His first loss I expect will be just as impressive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tito Ortiz Vs. Chael Sonnen TheFonz 6 4,842 09-14-2017 02:32 PM
Last Post: Warlord

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)