Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Canelo Alvarez-Kermit Cintron, November 26 on HBO
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I don't think this is comparable to the Linares situation. Linares isn't Golden Boy's little star in the making. He's not headlining anything at Staples Center and has been stuck in Japan. Canelo has headlined HBO a few times now, been co-main of a PPV, and is developing a fan base in the US. Linares was stuck in Japan, and has been brought over to be showcased a couple times. They tried to bring Linares over in 2007, but he's not the star Canelo is. I think Golden Boy knows that Cintron is mentally weak, and hasn't looked good in the past year. However, he's a good name and has a solid right hand.
The point being that Golden Boy sees or knows something. On paper, this is too dangerous for Alvarez for too little upside. Healthy suspicion is warranted.

That said, if there isn't anything obvious that I don't know, Cintron is very live here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2011, 03:25 AM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I think Kermit Cintron might be a little washed up.  That sounds crazy since he's still kind of young, but he hasn't looked good at all in his last two matches.  He fought on Showtime against Carlos Molina, and was worked.  He lost damn near every round to a guy he would have beat 3-5 years ago.  He also had a close fight with Antwone Smith, and was getting worked in stages of that fight.  There's a reason he's fighting Canelo now, and it's not to win.  It's a good name for the resume, but Canelo will win. 

At the same time, Alfonso Gomez was putting rounds in the bank against Canelo before that stoppage.  However, Gomez was real busy and tried to put pressure on him.  I don't see Cintron being that busy, and I see Canelo just outworking him.

Yeh I agree. Cintron just doesn't look sharp anymore, he has lost a step for sure.

I also agree taht Gomez was putting rounds in the bank and agree with Romulus, that a rematch here is really required.

The Canelo version of the 'philly shell' was terrible and this is about Cintrons only chance, to use that right hand to land with power over the Canelo shoulder roll and put him on queer st. That said, Canelo should easily be able to deal with Cintron from all other prespectives. Canelos extremelly low workrate against Gomez was a worry though.

Canelo comes accross very arrogant for me for a guy who hasn't actually done much yet, he also worries me with his defense, but no doubt his counter-punching is up there with the best of them.
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
i think someone will get an upset against Canelo but Cintron isn't the guy to do it. his heart and ability is really at question for me and i don't know if he's in the mental state where this is the fight that makes or breaks him.

i think it'll be hard for someone to beat Canelo. not because he's too good but GBP has a lot invested in him and it's easy for a guy to get robbed these days.
10-26-2011, 07:09 AM
gravytrain Wrote:i think someone will get an upset against Canelo but Cintron isn't the guy to do it. his heart and ability is really at question for me and i don't know if he's in the mental state where this is the fight that makes or breaks him.

i think it'll be hard for someone to beat Canelo. not because he's too good but GBP has a lot invested in him and it's easy for a guy to get robbed these days.
I agree.

that's why they aren't fighting Molina.
10-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I do not at all think that this is a cakewalk for Howdy Doody....

People always like to rag on Cintron for past shortcomings...BUT....if the guy comes in shape and motovated...he can on certain nights put things together to give ANYBODY a hard time.

I would not at all be surprised to see Cintron win this fight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kermit the frog Cintron wants Martinez rematch! ViperSniper 2 333 06-30-2020 09:34 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Joe Calzaghe-Canelo Alvarez: Who wins? ViperSniper 9 2,118 11-15-2019 09:25 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Sergio Martinez-Canelo Alvarez: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 611 07-12-2019 04:09 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)