Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
The CEO Wrote:In his career high performance, and this says it all, Ricky Hatton had to CHEAT to win...at home...with his family friend, Dave Parris, as the ref...

This I completely agree with. That said Gandalf is being a fuckin idiot as no one is questioning Hatton's limited ability just refuting that he was a homer. Now your lad Ward. He is a fucking homer & what is worse he is no draw which could justify being a homer.

blackbelt2003 Wrote:LOL, CEO, I WISH you would find someone new to hate as much as Hatton. That level of hate is priceless, and I miss it. Are there any better haters on ANY board than you and Stevenski?

Or are you both mellowing in old age?

Black

I know I am mellowing somewhat Black. I am well overdue to do something to fuck my life up so when that happens the old hate may coem back. Also RJJ is done & Floyd don't fight anymore so there is no one I have any real venom left for. That is how much I hate Floyd I just don't even give a shit about him really to bring the hate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Gandalf The Black Wrote:Well you're one of those diehard British Hatton fans. "the kinda dumb cunt"? How old are you? 12? Bet you're guilty of some of the crazy comments I've heard many diehard Hatton fans make. Like "He's the greatest boxer to ever live" and "He's a better body puncher than Joe Frazier".
Maxy is many things but he is no kid & has never made the type of stupid statements you are accusing him of. Grow up mate.
04-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Still not sure how Hatton avoided competition?? That's "controversial statements you stand by" type material..if that.

Fighting Tszyu, Mayweather & Pacquaio is enough to credit the man, not discredit him. Hatton was an overachiever who happen to be the biggest money maker in his division who crossed the waters who used his star power in boxing (like DLH) to make the fights with the best..not abused it by picking safer fights instead.
04-14-2012, 01:21 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:Still not sure how Hatton avoided competition?? That's "controversial statements you stand by" type material..if that.

Fighting Tszyu, Mayweather & Pacquaio is enough to credit the man, not discredit him. Hatton was an overachiever who happen to be the biggest money maker in his division who crossed the waters who used his star power in boxing (like DLH) to make the fights with the best..not abused it by picking safer fights instead.
I agree, for Hatton to have been included in this thread he would need to still be 140lb 'champion', who'd given up his belts rather than fight Bradley/Alexander etc and stayed in Manchester fighting B level guys.

The fact that Hatton pushed himself by going for Tszyu, Mayweather and Pac shows he is actually the opposite of what he's been targeted as on here.

I agree he fought beyond his level, that he wasn't on Money's league (but still gave him a bit of a fight for six rounds), didn't deserve to be in with Pacquiao...but that's not what's being discussed here.

Black
04-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Only problem with Hatton is ok, he fought Tszyu, Mayweather, Pacquiao but besides that, he never gave any young fighters a chance. He basically fought May, Pac, lost and split. Hatton is no HOFer but I guess he was a good B champion at best. But I just like reigning champions to fight young contenders.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
04-14-2012, 02:06 AM
BigG Wrote:Only problem with Hatton is ok, he fought Tszyu, Mayweather, Pacquiao but besides that, he never gave any young fighters a chance. He basically fought May, Pac, lost and split. Hatton is no HOFer but I guess he was a good B champion at best. But I just like reigning champions to fight young contenders.
Sorry G but what is your definition of a 'young contender?' And if so could you give me some names of the young contenders he ducked after he won his world title?

Just curious to actually know who this apparently long list of guys it was he avoided.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Hatton is OPPOSITE to everything being accused of in this thread!!

Like saying Mayweather ONLY fights the best!!

This is silly!
04-14-2012, 04:51 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
BigG Wrote:Only problem with Hatton is ok, he fought Tszyu, Mayweather, Pacquiao but besides that, he never gave any young fighters a chance. He basically fought May, Pac, lost and split. Hatton is no HOFer but I guess he was a good B champion at best. But I just like reigning champions to fight young contenders.
Sorry G but what is your definition of a 'young contender?' And if so could you give me some names of the young contenders he ducked after he won his world title?

Just curious to actually know who this apparently long list of guys it was he avoided.
Yeah but I'm just saying like ok he took the title from a GREAT, long reigning champ Tszyu. Had the two fights with this era's best in Mayweather and Pacquiao. I don't feel like he ducked much fights. But I just feel he retired kinda early. I mean I would have liked to see him fight like a Danny Garcia or Devon Alexander or Maidana. If his heart wasnt in the sport I understand. but thats just my opinion. As for who he ducked in that time period, I dont know. Some say he ducked Witter on his way up and while he was champ but I dunno.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
04-14-2012, 06:18 AM
BigG Wrote:
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:

Yeah but I'm just saying like ok he took the title from a GREAT, long reigning champ Tszyu. Had the two fights with this era's best in Mayweather and Pacquiao. I don't feel like he ducked much fights. But I just feel he retired kinda early. I mean I would have liked to see him fight like a Danny Garcia or Devon Alexander or Maidana. If his heart wasnt in the sport I understand. but thats just my opinion. As for who he ducked in that time period, I dont know. Some say he ducked Witter on his way up and while he was champ but I dunno.
Dude now your all over place like a mad woman having a shit, haha.

If he felt he didn't have it anymore then he was 100% right to quit. We all know this is the last sport you should be doing if your heart isn't in it. Besides Hatton's kind of style is not one that has a lot of longevity in it.

Yeah ducking Junior Witter, right I can see how that would really tarnish your legacy lol If you're gonna say he didn't fight a bunch of hungry young contenders then at least be prepared to name 'em.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-14-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm just saying man, Ricky Hatton may have fought the two best (who really wouldnt fight them for those multimillion dollar paydays) and but besides the Tszyu win, he didn't do shit. like I said, after the Pacquiao, I would have liked to see him fight a few young contenders to strengthen his legacy. To have some sort of longevity.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing? Fitz 15 4,353 05-14-2020 07:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)