Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
04-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
Snoop Wrote:Mmmm...I don't think it will be in the same sentiment as it is placed for British fighters, or fighters from any other place for that matter. If there is criticism for an American not fighting outside their borders, it will be for fear of giving up a homecourt advantage (much what Ward could be criticized for), but not fear of stepping up in competition or protecting their record (because again, for the most part the best competition is in the US, either from the US or compete in the US).

I'm not here to argue whether one country's fighters are better than another, just that the criticism doesn't hold equal across all countries because the level of boxing is different between nations.
But I thought that was sort of the point of the whole tournament to scour the globe to find the world's best SMW and see guys having to go into each other's backyards.

As I say, let me be clear I think Ward wins this any which way you slice it, but I also think he escaped with very little criticism for doing it.

I'll say again, say Slappy had still be around and the undisputed king of SMW's and had somehow been coerced into entering this thing, what would've been everyone's take if he had refused to fight outside of Wales?

Even as the undisputed champ he would've got shit on from a great height by most fans, I would've been one of them.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass - the ollie reed fan club - 04-11-2012 12:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing? Fitz 15 4,383 05-14-2020 07:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)