Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:
Snoop Wrote:I think the difference between criticizing a British fighter for not traveling abroad vs criticizing an American fighter for not traveling abroad is that the elite level athletes predominately compete in America, so they are still facing the best comp, whereas it's not so much the case in Britain.
there's some serious bullshit going on over here now, it isn't like it used to be. Hopkins and Ward are the big name fighters that come to mind who have been fighting the best competition without home cooking.
I certain;y don't think Ward got (or needed) any home cooking, he wins the Super series all day long regardless of where he fights. But don't you think it was a little unfair how he didn't have to travel in that comp, as opposed to everybody else? It wasn't even like he was the biggest name at the start of the tournament and could demand his way.

Hey props to Dan Goosen for making that happen but I for one would've loved to seen him go right into the lion's den like an England and silence Froch's home crowd, or even Denmark or a Germany.
yeah, he should have fought outside of America. that isn't the big problem though. this isn't like the 90s were all the American cats are fighting each other and a guy from the UK is expected to come over here and prove himself, this is 2012 where some of the big name American guys are worse than any foreign fighter and they only fight 1 or 2 times a year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass - Dickagon - 04-11-2012 02:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing? Fitz 15 4,383 05-14-2020 07:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)