Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
blackbelt2003 Wrote:
Gandalf The Black Wrote:I did look it up. Lewis' SECOND fight was in the U.S. Hatton had almost 30 fights before leaving the UK. He almost lost(did in my opinion) to Collazo in his American debut!!! He then manage to get dropped by Floyd and Pac. He rarely travelled outside the UK because he wasn't a very good fighter and was protected. You have an advantage over your opponent when they fight in your territory.
Just thought you might like to know that Hatton's 2nd fight was at Madison Square Garden, too. I'm pretty sure he fought in Atlantic City early on, and Germany, too.

And then I KNOW he fought a 12 rounder in the US, Detroit if I remember rightly, on a Showbox event, coming through a bad cut to take a Latin guy out in the 2nd.

That's just off the top of my head, so I don't know where you get 30 fights from?

Black
Ok. Great. If you want to give Hatton props for fighting a few time off his home turf in the earlier and latter part of his career...cool. If you want to give Hatton props for beating a 36 year old Kostya Tszyu...cool. If you want to give him props for fighting nobodies for a majority of his career except the last portion where he got pummeled by Collazo, Floyd and Pacquaio that's fine also.
http://www.youtube.com/v/sdvdFYVmjgM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass - Gandalf The Black - 04-13-2012 07:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing? Fitz 15 4,383 05-14-2020 07:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)