Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass
Am I the only one that still doesnt get it? I understand why some people hate Ricky Hatton. I happen to like him, but that's purely down to opinion. I have enough hate in me, I have to like someone to balance out the force. I also understand slating his boxing ability. BUT I can't see where he was ever given any sort of "pass" since that's what this thread is about.

He didn't fight the best? Nope, he definitely did that.

He didn't come to America? Nope he did that too, several times.

He didn't come to America till late in his career? Well Black already pointed out that wasnt the case, and anyway, why should he? He got more people to cross the Atlantic than the majority of fighters could get to cross the street.

He struggled against Luis Collazo? A 140lb'er beat a 147 champ who nobody looks good against, in America.

He sold his 0 to Floyd? No fuckin way, anyone could see Ricky Hatton genuinely thought he could win that fight.

I have no problem with hate for Ricky Hatton or anyone else. Hating makes us strong. I just don't see how he has ever avoided competition, or avoided challenges like leaving home. His record is there. It's not hard to find. He was far from a homer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Calling out fighters you thought got a pass - lloyd mayflower - 04-13-2012 02:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing? Fitz 15 4,383 05-14-2020 07:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)