Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Juan Manuel Marquez/Brandon Rios Card
04-15-2012, 06:20 PM
JONdaCON Wrote:There's gotta be something we the fans can do to get this Rios decision overturned. It's ridiculous.

Do we need some American Idol shyt were we call in or text the winner? Lol

Imagine that... Mayweather would never win! Lol
i think promoters not being able to wine and dine officials could solve the problem but that's just me. only in boxing can some cat put officials up in some nice hotel and pay their expenses, imagine if Jerry Jones tried doing that lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2012, 10:38 PM
JONdaCON Wrote:There's gotta be something we the fans can do to get this Rios decision overturned. It's ridiculous.
I wish i would have been all over the Molina/Kirkland, Cloud/Campillo and Lara/Williams decisions.
04-16-2012, 07:57 AM
The whole fight! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...i5KvUp_zr0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...i5KvUp_zr0
04-16-2012, 08:33 AM
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
I wish i would have been all over the Molina/Kirkland, Cloud/Campillo and Lara/Williams decisions.
I actually thought Lara/Williams was much closer than most (though I still had Lara winning 115-113).

Cloud/Campillo was absolutely absurd.

Kirkland/Molina was TECHNICALLY correct... but I wish Schorle, who is otherwise an excellent referee, would have used some more discretion. But he WAS correct if you're a hardliner on the rules. The cornerman entered. Pure and simple. Need to see a rematch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Romulus9 Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
I actually thought Lara/Williams was much closer than most (though I still had Lara winning 115-113).

Cloud/Campillo was absolutely absurd.

Kirkland/Molina was TECHNICALLY correct... but I wish Schorle, who is otherwise an excellent referee, would have used some more discretion. But he WAS correct if you're a hardliner on the rules. The cornerman entered. Pure and simple. Need to see a rematch.
I agree with you on Williams-Lara. When I watched the fight, I thought everyone was being extravagant. I didn't think Lara won as easily and comfortably as made out to be. I thought he won, but I don't think it was absolutely dominant like most saw it. I've seen worse robberies than that IMO.
04-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Thoughts on this? http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/4/16/295...er-scoring
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
BrotherCane Wrote:Thoughts on this? http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/4/16/295...er-scoring
I immediately thought of the live vs tv views dilemma and I understand to an extant. I think as judges tho they should have a better trained eye for things like fighting in the poccet, landing punches on the inside, bloccing vs parrying, etc. They should have the ability to decipher what is goin on better then anyone at home, imo. They know what to look for. ANYONE could've saw it was a walk in the park for Abril, even a person watching boxing for the first time...

You get bad calls in any sport, but you also have GREAT calls in sports.. these reffs lacced the ability to make a great call, period. That can't be taught. And this is the only sport where the judges and reffs carry ALL the calls, life or death. Your only other option is a KO. Checcmate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Soooooo does that mean we get Rios vs. JMM at 140 now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Juan Manuel Marquez losses ViperSniper 19 1,406 07-12-2020 01:15 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Juan Manuel Marquez Retires JONdaCON 13 5,798 08-26-2017 12:28 AM
Last Post: Fitz
  Timothy Bradley-Brandon Rios ViperSniper 104 50,507 11-21-2015 04:18 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)