Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Juan Manuel Marquez/Brandon Rios Card
04-14-2012, 10:46 PM
I had it 119-109 for Abril, but I'm not holding my breath. I really hope the right guy gets this decision so Abril can get the title.

On a side note, I'd love to see a rematch between Hank Lundy and Abril on HBO. That'd be an awesome fight between two hungary fightesr.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2012, 10:48 PM
119-109 Abril.

Wtf?! Robbery. OMG. Ruined this card. Impossible. Those judges should be executed. Hell Nah. I'm pissed. No way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:That was a closer round, as Rios was more on the inside and controlled the pace. However, Abril landed the cleaner shots. I'll give Rios the round just because he was busier.

I'll set the scene here though, this fight has robbery written all over it for numerous reasons.
You called it!
THAT WAS A TOTAL RIP OFF! Bam Bam won maybe 3 rounds!
Kyle called it. Disgraceful. This along with the Campillo fight. I don't even get angry anymore because this no longer surprises me.
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I saw that coming a mile away....I know it's obvious, but we really really need to do something about this sport. It's fucking pathetic that every big fight, something like this happens. Can the right guy get the decision for once? I mean, I know Rios is supposed to be this next star and that he's supposed to fight Marquez next, but that's just wrong. Even being generous, I don't see how you can give Rios more than 4-5 rounds.

We need new judges. Fuck the experience, because these "experienced" judges just keep making this sport appear worse and worse. People wonder why they call this sport fixed, but this shit is wrong on every level.
04-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Impossible. This has to get overturned.

If you think Arum doesn't have the judges in his poccet then you are crazy.
04-14-2012, 10:51 PM
LOL.....boxing.
04-14-2012, 10:55 PM
It's just unbelievable...The last time I saw a decision this bad was the Williams-Lara fight and Campillo-Shumenov fight.

I mean, it was obvious that this was going to be a robbery. Arum is trying to groom Rios to be his next Margarito, but more of a PPV draw. He saw the dollar signs for a fight with JMM. The judges needed any excuse to give him rounds, and he was coming forward, though not landing shots.

It's ridiculous though and makes networks not want anything to do with the sport. ESPN did a great job of hyping this fight up on their website and its a damn shame the wrong guy won. Would have loved to had seen Lundy-Abril for a title.
04-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Well, on to the Marquez fight. Ya'll think this is predetermined too? Kind of takes the buzz away from the event after the last match. I like Marquez though, and I'd like to see him destroy Rios in July, so I hope he wins clearly. I think he will, but I heard this dude is a strong European who has some decent skills. If Marquez gets old overnight, you never know (well maybe we do anyway).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Juan Manuel Marquez losses ViperSniper 19 1,501 07-12-2020 01:15 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Juan Manuel Marquez Retires JONdaCON 13 5,865 08-26-2017 12:28 AM
Last Post: Fitz
  Timothy Bradley-Brandon Rios ViperSniper 104 50,987 11-21-2015 04:18 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)