Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax
04-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Mayo beat more than just Forest twice, Six heads wasn't bad til his fights with Mayo and he was beating the shit outta Mosley @ least on my card before Mosley stopped him. I'm not really defending him really but for a limited fighter he was great @ making top notch guys fight his fight, it's just easy vs top level guys IMO!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
6 heads was a good win but he had a very weak resume going into the Mayorga fight, even though he had a strap. Make no mistake about it, the Forrest wins were the climax of Mayorga's career accomplishment wise.

Whether or not you had him ahead in the Mosley fight is really irrelevant since he got KO. Either way yes, it was a close fight but fighting a close fight with Mosley and getting KO at the end isn't resume building material.
04-22-2012, 08:37 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:6 heads was a good win but he had a very weak resume going into the Mayorga fight, even though he had a strap. Make no mistake about it, the Forrest wins were the climax of Mayorga's career accomplishment wise.

Whether or not you had him ahead in the Mosley fight is really irrelevant since he got KO. Either way yes, it was a close fight but fighting a close fight with Mosley and getting KO at the end isn't resume building material.
Oh I agree, my only point is he made very good fighters fight his fight!
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I've always been interested by Taylor. Here's a guy with a deep amateur career, an Olympic medal, he's clearly more seasoned than good fighters like Traux, and yet for the most part his technique sucks. He doesn't move his head, his footwork is mediocre, and he rarely seems to have a game plan. The reason why he was able to go 36 rounds with two of the P4P best was largely because of his physicality, and because back then he was undefeated, which meant that he had abundant self belief. Once his performances became mediocre, along with the pressure of having to look stellar, he began to crack. After the KO losses to Pavlik and Froch he became damaged goods, though he did look good in the Pavlik rematch, which I think was one of his best performances even though he lost.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jermain Taylor At It Again Method 33 4,747 12-06-2018 06:59 PM
Last Post: salvador
  Boxer Jermain Taylor Arrested For Allegedly Biting, Threatening to Kill GF boxingcritic 14 6,505 07-28-2017 08:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor ViperSniper 103 68,177 06-20-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)