Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

UFC 145 in Atlanta!
04-21-2012, 11:57 PM
UFC 145 in Atlanta!
Warlord, why is there a lot of hate for Jones?

I'm not a strong following UFC fan, but he has looked the most exciting and appealing. More like in a RJJ way. I don't know too much about him outside, but this is just from watching him fight. I assumed he had a strong following as well.
What's wrong with the guy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2012, 12:47 AM
UFC 145 in Atlanta!
I don't know...I haven't been blown away by Jones at all.

He should have dismantled Evans, and he didn't. Sure he won clean, but that was no virtuoso performance against a guy he had every single conceivable advantage over.
04-23-2012, 01:10 AM
UFC 145 in Atlanta!
Fitz Wrote:Warlord, why is there a lot of hate for Jones?

I'm not a strong following UFC fan, but he has looked the most exciting and appealing. More like in a RJJ way. I don't know too much about him outside, but this is just from watching him fight. I assumed he had a strong following as well.
What's wrong with the guy?
People hate him because he is self-righteous, pretentious piece of shit. In his last interview he said Muhammad Ali was a good fighter, but he made some questionable personal decisions. He went on to say that he, Jones, "wanted to do things better than Muhammad Ali."

Looks like he already got things better in the pompous asshole department.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
UFC 145 in Atlanta!
JD Wrote:I don't know...I haven't been blown away by Jones at all.

He should have dismantled Evans, and he didn't. Sure he won clean, but that was no virtuoso performance against a guy he had every single conceivable advantage over.
Nor have I, but what do I know?

Henderson will have a tough road to travel against Jones's physical advantages, but that cartoon-level power in his right hand may be the only advantage Hendo needs.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
UFC 145 in Atlanta!
Word on the street says Jones toyed with, scared, schooled, carried, and embarrassed Evans the other night....and that he also showed a chin and good conditioning.

cool wink

lol...you know...there's a couple of things that you can take to the bank in this community...

1. If I Hate a fighter, they deserve it, and they will most certainly get exposed or fall off.

2. If I say a fighter will be the real deal someday, they become The Real Deal.

For example...I recognized and endorsed the 3 following fighters long before they made it to the top...

Sergio Martinez - Fighter Of The Year 2010

Andre Ward - Fighter Of The Year 2011

Jon Jones - Fighter Of The Year 2011

Accept it...embrace it...don't bet against it.

Dan Henderson, one of my very favorite fighters of the last 20 years, is up next....if he pulls it off, he will automatically become a CONSENSUS Top 3 ATG...

Fedor, Rua, and Jones would be the best 3 fight run MMA has ever seen...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)