05-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Razor Ruddock Returns!
Now I know I'm drunk shok
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Razor Ruddock Returns!
SmartyBeardo Wrote:Now I know I'm drunk shok
Is there a market for some kind of veteran's league in boxing?

There are so many guys in their late 40's who just can't let go and still think they can mix it with guys ten or even twenty years younger.

Bernard Hopkins is the exception that proves the rule.

How about having a separate set of rules for older guys? Say, max 8 rounds, 12 oz gloves, just enough to make it a bit safer but still a genuine professional bout so they can earn a bit of money doing what they love. People would still rather pay to see Razor Ruddock in with another 40-something then yet another 25 year old Eastern European with an unpronounceable name and a dull style winning a UD over another Eastern European with an unpronounceable name and a dull style.

Black
05-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Razor Ruddock Returns!
blackbelt2003 Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:Now I know I'm drunk shok
Is there a market for some kind of veteran's league in boxing?

There are so many guys in their late 40's who just can't let go and still think they can mix it with guys ten or even twenty years younger.

Bernard Hopkins is the exception that proves the rule.

How about having a separate set of rules for older guys? Say, max 8 rounds, 12 oz gloves, just enough to make it a bit safer but still a genuine professional bout so they can earn a bit of money doing what they love. People would still rather pay to see Razor Ruddock in with another 40-something then yet another 25 year old Eastern European with an unpronounceable name and a dull style winning a UD over another Eastern European with an unpronounceable name and a dull style.

Black
The possibilities are nearly endless. Hell, Big George might make a comeback under those circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Donovan “Razor” Ruddock set for shock ring return TheTeddyBear 92 80,621 09-15-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: BGv4.0

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)