Cloud-Pascal set for August 11th!
06-02-2012, 06:34 PM
TheFonz Wrote:
JD Wrote:
TheFonz Wrote:
JD Wrote:Tought fight to call.
How?

You got a guy that is awkward, has power, throws wide punches and gasses. (Pascal)

Vs.

A guy who has power, throws quick short shots down the middle, and doesn't gas. (Cloud)

It's pretty cut and dry to me.
To me...you have two guys who have tired later in fights.

Pascal's chin is more tested than Cloud's, though I have no reason to believe he cannot take a good shot. Pascal is more explosive, faster and has been in the ring with MUCH better competition.

I like Cloud and enjoy his style and willingness to take chances...but I am hard pressed to see this fight as a gimme.
It's simply a style thing. Pascal is a guy who NEEDS space in order to be effective. He likes to slow things down then explode on his opponents. That style is all wrong for a guy like Cloud. Who's bread and butter is to take space away and fight you on the inside. Pascal has not shown me the skill required to keep a guy like Cloud off of him. Pascal has proven that he can't maintain intensity for 12 rounds where Cloud has gone toe to toe with Glen Johnson and has come out on top. I really see this as an easy fight for Cloud.
Cloud was tired in the late rounds against Johnson...very tired.

Pascal has been in the ring with Hopkins twice, Froch, Dawson - far more tested than Cloud.

On the idea of taking space, you are right, Cloud wants to work inside...but the problem is that he takes space away by walk his opponent down without the use of a consistent jab. That could be ideal for Pascal.

I am not saying Cloud won't win...I can definitely understand picking him, but to me this is a pick'em fight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Pascal will have been out of commission for about a year and a quarter. Pascal is certainly faster and he has fought the tougher comp. Cloud won't get any gifts in Canada. I don't think he has to KO Pascal but I do think he needs to win decisively to get the nod.

No way can Pascal hit Cloud with the pace that Campillo did for the entire fight. I do think Campillo won but I don't think it was as complete a whitewash robbery as many did. Cloud kept coming.

The real question is whether Pascal can do serious enough damage to Cloud to stop him or slow him down in the first 5 rounds. If not I think Cloud wears him out and stops him late.

Sentral may be correct though.
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I thought Cloud, a 9-2 favorite CLEARLY lost to Campillo in his last fight. What did you guys think? Cloud didn't look good at all to me; I feel like he has a lot of learning to do.
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I thought Cloud, a 9-2 favorite CLEARLY lost to Campillo in his last fight. What did you guys think? Cloud didn't look good at all to me; I feel like he has a lot of learning to do.
I agree. I just didn't think it was as complete a whitewash as many. I think Cloud may have learned quite a bit in that fight.
06-02-2012, 11:42 PM
TheFonz Wrote:
JD Wrote:Tought fight to call.
How?

You got a guy that is awkward, has power, throws wide punches and gasses. (Pascal)

Vs.

A guy who has power, throws quick short shots down the middle, and doesn't gas. (Cloud)

It's pretty cut and dry to me.

Nice lil breakdown!!

I like what you see there, however may need to wait till the fight gets closer to drop a solid vote!

Pascal has got to use his speed, power & combinations to do some early damage on Cloud! If Pascal can't send an early message it will become a longer night than it already would have!!

This could be potential FOTY type of material here!
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Fights off.

Pascal got some kinda injury.

Gonna happen in October now.
07-24-2012, 06:45 PM
That sucks!!!!
07-24-2012, 10:05 PM
This smells like a BS postponement to me. I think Showtime may have just gotten cold feet about doing a big card in August during the Olympics.

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight never happens.
08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Big Slim Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if this fight never happens.
Bump.

Good call playa.

According to multiple sources Showtime has no dates available the rest of 2012. October 13 - thought to be the target date for the reschedule - is being held for a Golden Boy show.
08-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Talked to Cloud today. He just moved to Charlotte and started training at our gym. He's still fighting Pascal but it wont be til next year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fighting Oct 11th TheTeddyBear 15 8,660 09-06-2014 05:18 PM
Last Post: salvador

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)