Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Method Wrote:
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:I think it's clear that this version of Chavez Jr, with whatever he's putting into his body, is going to give Martinez a hard fight. The dude is strong and relentless now.

Still Martinez has great stamina, a good work rate and punching power. If light hitting Zbik could bust up Chavez's face, imagine what Martinez will do. Either way both guys are going to be hurting the day after, and if it's a close fight then you know that Chavez is going to get the decision
If Matt Macklin can have Martinez's face looking like a pepperoni pizza, imagine what Chavez will do.

Macklin could box and use defense, if jr can't come forward and trade shots he can't do anything. after Martinez catches him he's gonna deport himself.

BrotherCane Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:sig bet on Martinez v Jr?
I got Martinez! And will do sig bet and will be showing my face in the CC section for this one!

i've Martinez too but if nobody is up for it i would do the o/u for a sig bet if you want to
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2012, 12:09 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Man can't waite for this one.

If Chavez can keep Martinez against the ropes he stands a helluva chance at winning he's got the stengh and chin to bully Martinez around but if sergio decides to stick and move the fights all his. Chavez must make it rough and push SM around and pound the body non stop.

I do believe Sergio is too confident once he feels Chavez power and strengh he'll be in for a suprise but the great thing about him is his boxing IQ ala mayweather and Marquez Sergio can adjust to pretty much anything.
06-19-2012, 12:16 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
I think the playing field will be even between these two because I suspect Martinez uses PED's too. With a level field, I think Martinez is the better fighter. I think he will win a shootout. Martinez' PED's will prevail.

The test that was developed in 2003 for EPO should be used on all boxers before major fight. If these folks are serious about cleaning up the sport, thenthat would be a huge start.
06-19-2012, 08:29 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
MrFactor Wrote:I think the playing field will be even between these two because I suspect Martinez uses PED's too. With a level field, I think Martinez is the better fighter. I think he will win a shootout. Martinez' PED's will prevail.

The test that was developed in 2003 for EPO should be used on all boxers before major fight. If these folks are serious about cleaning up the sport, thenthat would be a huge start.
You think everyone is on them bro! smh You are funny man!
06-19-2012, 09:14 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
BrotherCane Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Lee is not a slick boxer. Yes, he has solid skills and was once considered the next big thing out of Kronk. However, a couple years Troy Lowry was putting right hands on him. Lee is very hittable, and that size and the combination of Lee eating shots all night will wear him down. Lee has decent power, but I don't see it keeping Chavez off of him.

I just don't see Lee winning this fight. He won't outbox Chavez, as Chavez has just as much length as him and has enough skills too. He won't outmuscle Chavez, because Chavez is going to be 185 pounds in the ring. This will lead to Lee trading with Chavez, but not getting the better of the exchanges. There will be some close rounds, but I see Chavez winning a clear 116-112 type decision. This will be a good fight though, and both guys will have their moments.
Does he make the contracted weight limit the day before the fight?

If so, what does his ring weight have to do with anything?
Actually BBS, you are on point there. I am not sure that there shouldn't be a max weight clause IMO. The main reason is for fighters safety on both ends. Gaining that much weight in a 24 hour period is really bad for a fighters body and it isn't good going into a fight weighing 20+ lbs heavier than you are!
With the current weigh in the day before the fight system that we have, we're always going to see guys cutting drastic amounts of weight and putting it back on for the fight. Some will cut more than others; some will gain more than others.

It's a level playing field. It's not like one guy can do it and the other can't. Should the guy that cuts 20+ pounds for each fight be fighting in a higher division? Well, no actually... because with the current system he's just doing what he's allowed to do. The solution is to change the system, not point the finger at guys like Gatti, Chavez, Cotto etc that have routinely cut/gained 20+ pounds in 36 hours.

One solution would be to move weigh ins to the day of the fight. 3PM Saturday afternoon instead of 3PM Friday afternoon. That system would limit the amount of hydration cut the body could allow due to time constraints. The result would be fighters like those mentioned above being forced to fight in the next division up.

But anyway, with the current system there's no way to measure how much of an "advantage" the weight gives. Along with the weight advantage comes the disadvantage of putting your body through hell to make weight. Again, just like the advantage this disadvantage isn't measurable. The bottom line is that skill and ability greatly outweigh any slight weight advantage.

Pacquiao and Mayweather for example could give a shit if their opponent outweighs them by 20 pounds. They don't even have to cut weight to make weight because they fight essentially at the same weight. While this doesn't give them a weight "advantage" it certainly eliminates any disadvantage associated with dehydrating.
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
I think another thing is how bad it is for your body to gain so much in 24-30 hours. I just feel like the best thing is to stay close to your weight but few do! I do kinda feel that there should be some kinda cap on how much they can gain!

How much or how to make that happen is another question! How about 7 or 8 AM weigh ins! That gives guys plenty of time to rehydrate and get some good food in their bodies!

I really do think they should get better about drug testing in general but hey, there are a bunch of things that need to be addressed in boxing & as long as promoters control things, and there is betting on fights I think there could always be a problem. I know one though, Texas has been insane with what they are doing. It got sweep under the carpet twice but as I understand it JCC Jr didn't take two drug test in a row!

Good stuff though BBS!
06-19-2012, 01:19 PM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Actually looking at a guy like Pacquiao, you can actually make a greater argument for an advantage fighting closer to your natural weight that dehydrating significantly.

Pacquiao IMO back when he was dehydrating (fighting at 130 and under) was getting hurt more in the ring from his opponents punches. As he's moved up more, even though he faces naturally bigger, stronger guys that hit harder he gets hurt less in the ring. One argument that can be made as to why this is possible is that he's entering the ring perfectly hydrated, at his natural weight, in the best possible state his body could be in to take a punch.

His fights with Marquez are a good reference since he faced the same guy 3 times. At 126 Marquez was able to hurt Pacquiao pretty good, and at 130 he was still able to. In their last fight Marquez IMO wasn't able to buzz Pac like he did the first 2 times they met. One major difference being that Pac didn't dehydrate for their most current fight.

Just a theory, but it seems to make sense if you follow Pac's career.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)