Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
06-15-2012, 09:00 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Lee is not a slick boxer. Yes, he has solid skills and was once considered the next big thing out of Kronk. However, a couple years Troy Lowry was putting right hands on him. Lee is very hittable, and that size and the combination of Lee eating shots all night will wear him down. Lee has decent power, but I don't see it keeping Chavez off of him.

I just don't see Lee winning this fight. He won't outbox Chavez, as Chavez has just as much length as him and has enough skills too. He won't outmuscle Chavez, because Chavez is going to be 185 pounds in the ring. This will lead to Lee trading with Chavez, but not getting the better of the exchanges. There will be some close rounds, but I see Chavez winning a clear 116-112 type decision. This will be a good fight though, and both guys will have their moments.
Does he make the contracted weight limit the day before the fight?

If so, what does his ring weight have to do with anything?
Actually BBS, you are on point there. I am not sure that there shouldn't be a max weight clause IMO. The main reason is for fighters safety on both ends. Gaining that much weight in a 24 hour period is really bad for a fighters body and it isn't good going into a fight weighing 20+ lbs heavier than you are!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2012, 09:02 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Realistically, the only question is, can Lee hurt Princess Chavez? If not, I doubt that this even makes it to disputed decision land.
06-15-2012, 09:04 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
BrotherCane Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Lee is not a slick boxer. Yes, he has solid skills and was once considered the next big thing out of Kronk. However, a couple years Troy Lowry was putting right hands on him. Lee is very hittable, and that size and the combination of Lee eating shots all night will wear him down. Lee has decent power, but I don't see it keeping Chavez off of him.

I just don't see Lee winning this fight. He won't outbox Chavez, as Chavez has just as much length as him and has enough skills too. He won't outmuscle Chavez, because Chavez is going to be 185 pounds in the ring. This will lead to Lee trading with Chavez, but not getting the better of the exchanges. There will be some close rounds, but I see Chavez winning a clear 116-112 type decision. This will be a good fight though, and both guys will have their moments.

Actually BBS, you are on point there. I am not sure that there shouldn't be a max weight clause IMO. The main reason is for fighters safety on both ends. Gaining that much weight in a 24 hour period is really bad for a fighters body and it isn't good going into a fight weighing 20+ lbs heavier than you are!
I'm not so sure they haven't been messing with the scales lately.
06-15-2012, 10:33 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:

In which direction bro? Both?
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
I don't see how this fight fails to entertain.

I am looking forward to it.
06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
What difference does it make??? Go ask Marco Antoino Rubio how much of a difference it makes. That fight was man vs. boy it seemed, and it's because Chavez gained so much weight after the weigh-in.

It's terrible for both fighters really when that happens. That's terrible for the fighters body who is cutting that much weight and putting it back on in a short period of time. It's also a safety risk for an opponent, whom it appears like he's facing somebody out of his weight class. Arturo Gatti gained roughly 20 pounds after the weigh-in against Joey Gamache, and it was nearly deadly. I understand the rumors of Gatti potentially not making the 141 pound limit, but he still put on a considerable amount of weight after the weigh-in.

You are correct though, if he makes the weight the day before, he's done his job. I'll give you that, but it doesn't make it right when a fighter gains 20+ pounds after the weigh-in, and has a very large size advantage. Some commissions only allow you to put on 10 pounds after the weigh-in, and I applaud those commissions. We don't need guys in the ring, who are supposed to be in the same weight classes, and one looks like a lt. heavy while the other looks like a middleweight. That situation only hurts the sport more, and from the sounds of it, this sport doesn't need anymore hurting.
06-15-2012, 04:27 PM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:

i don't know if they've been messing with the scales but i know the Texas commission is weak and i wouldn't be surprised if Jr was using diuretics again. i would bet he did last time and he'll keep on doing it in Texas.
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Ummmm, shouldn't they do this anyhow in any state for any fight?

From fightnews!!!

Chavez Camp rejects Lee Camp request

Moments ago at the weigh-in for tomorrow?s WBC middleweight championship fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and top contender Andy Lee, representatives of Lee requested to weigh both camp?s gloves. That request was denied by Texas Commission Sports Inspector Robert Tapia. ?They brought their own gloves and we brought ours,? explained Lee?s manager, Perry Mandera, ?so we thought in the interest of full disclosure and a level playing field, we would weigh both pairs. We weighed ours out in the open in front of everyone. They would not put theirs on the scale. So, I requested Robert Tapia to make them do it. He told me ?I?m the boss here. I say whether or not we inspect the gloves and we?re not going to.?? Mandera says he then requested Chavez trainer Freddy Roach to weigh the gloves in the spirit of fairness. ?He pushed past me and said ?we don?t have to, so we?re not going to.??

Lee?s team issued this statement: ?We just want everything fair. I don?t know why they wouldn?t drop the gloves on a scale to remove any doubt about a pair of gloves they brought themselves. Yes, it?s a new pair, but you ever buy a pair of shoes that say size 10 and they?re not? That?s all we were trying to resolve. So why won?t they weigh the gloves??
06-15-2012, 11:07 PM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
Chavez Jr. stops him late and goes on to beat Martinez later this year.
06-16-2012, 01:29 AM
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee
No doubt Chavez toughest test.

Lee can fight don't know how but i see Lee takeing this one. Chavez will have his moments but not enough of them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)