Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

NBA Season 2011-2012
06-20-2012, 06:48 AM
NBA Season 2011-2012
Watching these finals makes me believe that the NBA is still fixed.

Seriously, the refs are calling such putrid games. How Russell Westbrook took his first free throw in the 4th quarter last night is ABSURD. The guy went to the hole constantly, got hammered...and nothing all game. Yet the moment you go near Wade or Lebron you hear a whistle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
NBA Season 2011-2012
JD Wrote:Watching these finals makes me believe that the NBA is still fixed.

Seriously, the refs are calling such putrid games. How Russell Westbrook took his first free throw in the 4th quarter last night is ABSURD. The guy went to the hole constantly, got hammered...and nothing all game. Yet the moment you go near Wade or Lebron you hear a whistle.
Fuck, I saw a couple of whistles not called that would have went the Heat's way in the 4th, both on SICK dishes in the paint by Wade.
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
NBA Season 2011-2012
Westbrook lost that game for them. Terrible foul. Terrible turnover.

That game was the Thunder's to lose...and they did.
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
Westbrook kept them in the game and played unbelievable...so it's for me hard to kill him for the bonehead play at the end, that said - you MUST know the situation there, and the rule. The shot clock read 5 seconds from the tip. Don't get me wrong, I understand if someone wants to pin the game on him - I just have a hard time doing so. I am more apt to hammer the guy for taking more shots in these playoffs than Durant.

In the end though, you can't go near Wade or Lebron without a foul being called - you literally cannot play D on them. The best was the call on Durant, who blocked Wade's shot, that they changed to Westbrook...he didn't touch Wade. Or the Ibaka foul Bosh was even better; the shit is so transparent it borders on comical. Or game 2, which the refs literally gifted to Miami on the non-call at the end where Lebron fouled Durant twice combined with the goal tend on the double block.

Harden is killing them, his confidence is toast. Perkins should be sitting and Collison should have his minutes.

But at the same time, it is damn near impossible to beat a team as talented as the Heat when the refs call it so one-sided. I mean, Kevin Durant and Westbrook get hammered without getting any calls.

I have basketball fans and non-basketball fans texting me all night about these games wondering if all games are called like this.
06-20-2012, 12:13 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
Tell those people texting you that what they're seeing is "black/white"
06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
They understand that...they are all knowledgeable sports fans.

One is a huge Lebron fan who follows hoops as close as anyone I know in fact. Naturally he knows not all games are called like this series.
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
Because he knows when he is seeing <del>bullshit</del> fair play.
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
You had to miss the end of game 2.
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM
NBA Season 2011-2012
JD, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees these refs as total bullshit. Serioulsy, last game, Haslem runs right into D-Fish on the rebound, knocks him on his ass, no call.

You can't touch LeBron, and if you get even close to him, he just gives that pussy look to the ref and the ref buys it. I don't get why the league wants these dudes to have rings so bad, they're just feeding a monster that's bad for the league in the long-run.

Do we really want to reward player collusion to form championship teams? This whole series has been ridiculous. I still hold out hope Miami chokes hardcore and loses three in a row.
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
NBA Season 2011-2012
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:Do we really want to reward player collusion to form championship teams?
Works for the Yankees.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)