Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

JMM is given fourth world title making history.
06-27-2012, 10:02 PM
A couple of years ago Julio Cesar Chavez was the only born Mexican to win world titles in 3 different divisions until Marco Antonio Barerra & Erik Morales joined him.

Since then Erik Morales has taken that spot of 4 world titles in four divisions & since has been joined by Jorge Arce & today Juan Manuel Marquez who was given elevation to the WBO 140 title for his fourth title.

I think that blows!!

Anyways, out of the 3 fighters in Morales, Arce & Marquez whose four titles do you put most stock into??

Arce
Morales
Marquez
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Well since I don't recognise the WBO as a legitimate belt, then only Morales has ever won four titles.

If you recognise the WBO, the whole thing just gets stupid, since anyone can and has won a WBO belt at some time in their career. You end up with seven time champs and ridiculous fighters with no business being title holders with claims.

Arce is a one time champ, Marquez a three time champ.

Barrera himself has only won at two, 126 and 130...and the 126 reign is borderline because I'm not sure on the official stance whether he actually won the WBC belt from Morales or did he refuse to accept it, in essence making it a non-title fight?

Black
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Marquez beat who many people say is the best fighter of the decade as well as p4p #1. Marquez is the fucking Man!
06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
damarvelous1 Wrote:Marquez beat who many people say is the best fighter of the decade as well as p4p #1. Marquez is the fucking Man!
And beat him as many as 3 times depending on who you ask.
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Or never beat him. Depending on who you ask.

But everyone knows Morales did.
06-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Big Slim Wrote:Or never beat him. Depending on who you ask.

But everyone knows Morales did.
The third Marquez fight was much clearer than the first Morales fight.
06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:The third Marquez fight was much clearer than the first Morales fight.
nah

Gotta disagree. I thought the third fight could have gone either way, same as the first two. It's just the perception was different because most thought going in Pac was gonna steamroll Marquez in #3.

No one disputes Morales winning their first fight however.
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
No dispute with Morales, that's for sure.

However I think more people out there have it 3-0 Marquez than 3-0 Pacquiao. I think more have it 2-1 Marquez than 2-1 Pacquiao as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst World Title Fight (or main event) in history blackbelt2003 25 1,378 05-06-2019 04:06 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Most unsuccessful World title attempts. TheTeddyBear 13 5,653 05-06-2019 02:45 AM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Top 5 current Heavyweights without a world title. ViperSniper 9 8,630 03-06-2017 09:03 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)