Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

PWill vs Canelo is done?
05-24-2012, 07:34 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
ViperSniper Wrote:There are far better, more legit fights that Manny could have taken instead of the ones he took. Instead he prayed on named opponents, some considered farces that were justified by labeling them as "exciting fights" because apparently that's exactly what boxing fans want to see!!
Yep the fans were salivating at the idea he might sometime face that mighty triumvirate of Ortiz/Peterson and Berto. No doubt these are guys you would avoid like the plague and take on far less dangerous Cotto and Margarito.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2012, 08:34 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
(hold the thread like a glass of Wine)

hmmmm....I'm getting some Pac Love...tones of Defiant Defense...

I thought this was about Alvarez-Williams...good fight...both guys are fine by me...

Alvarez will win or GET the win.
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
Yeah, it's a good fight. How much does PW have left, how interested, determined is he? If he's slipped and he's disinterested, Canelo will score an impressive win.
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:There are far better, more legit fights that Manny could have taken instead of the ones he took. Instead he prayed on named opponents, some considered farces that were justified by labeling them as "exciting fights" because apparently that's exactly what boxing fans want to see!!
Yep the fans were salivating at the idea he might sometime face that mighty triumvirate of Ortiz/Peterson and Berto. No doubt these are guys you would avoid like the plague and take on far less dangerous Cotto and Margarito.

Mayweather, Berto, Cotto (under better circumstances), Mosley (under better circumstances), Margarito (under better circumstances), even Cintron, even Jones would have been better welterweight fights than anything he actually had.

At 140 you had Bradley, Alexander, Mathysse, Maidana, Peterson & even Kotelnik then that would have been more legit matchups than anything he took other than Hatton (which is his best win post 130).

Let's not forget this is Manny Pacquiao who can fight anywhere from 140-154!!

Manny has been around boxings deepest divisions for years now & has managed to not take the best fights out there when he could have! Hatton & now Bradley is the two best fights he has taken since his second fight with Marquez!
05-24-2012, 06:59 PM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
Very, very simple view.

Impressed by the marquee name more than anything. But that's why we get the mismatches we have been getting in those years. A lot of people like known names. All good.
05-24-2012, 09:23 PM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
SKULLSPLITTER Wrote:(hold the thread like a glass of Wine)

hmmmm....I'm getting some Pac Love...tones of Defiant Defense...

I thought this was about Alvarez-Williams...good fight...both guys are fine by me...

Alvarez will win or GET the win.

that's the cool thing about betting on boxing. sometimes you just know that unless the guy gets stopped he's going to win. they just need to make Canelo -150 for this fight

Maxy Wrote:Yeah, it's a good fight. How much does PW have left, how interested, determined is he? If he's slipped and he's disinterested, Canelo will score an impressive win.

i think they looked at this 2 ways. Williams eats a lot of shots so if Canelo can stop him it's going to do a lot for Canelo even it's a questionable stoppage, the other thing is Williams isn't a big hitter so Canelo shouldn't get roughed up anyway. i think this fight is probably just to set up a ppv with Cotto
05-26-2012, 12:13 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
Fitz Wrote:
Very, very simple view.

Impressed by the marquee name more than anything. But that's why we get the mismatches we have been getting in those years. A lot of people like known names. All good.
I don't know why you even try . . . Ollie has been smitten with Manny like a school girl in a pleated skirt is with the physical education teacher (male or female) for years.
05-26-2012, 03:11 AM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:
Very, very simple view.

I don't know why you even try . . . Ollie has been smitten with Manny like a school girl in a pleated skirt is with the physical education teacher (male or female) for years.

lol

It's quite clear that Manny hasn't taken the best fights out there! Maybe the biggest, but not the best!
05-26-2012, 01:04 PM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
I just feel like Manny has lost his way recently.

Instead of buckling down and sorting out the 147 division (Mayweather excepted), he's flirted with 154, gone back down to 140 (the Hatton win WAS good, though) and took on guys he should have fought a year or two previously.

Mayweather on the other hand, who I hate with a passion, has stepped up his game considerably with the Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto fights. All these guys were at the time on top of their game, which is the opposite of when Pac fought his big names.

Anyway, back on topic, Canelo-Williams is a close fight as I don't think either have the power to take the other out outside a lucky stoppage.

It will be a close decision either way, with the judges having to decide whether to go with VOLUME (P Will) or CLEAN SHOTS (Alvarez). The latter will get it as he is on the ascendancy.

Black
05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
PWill vs Canelo is done?
blackbelt2003 Wrote:I just feel like Manny has lost his way recently.

Instead of buckling down and sorting out the 147 division (Mayweather excepted), he's flirted with 154, gone back down to 140 (the Hatton win WAS good, though) and took on guys he should have fought a year or two previously.

Mayweather on the other hand, who I hate with a passion, has stepped up his game considerably with the Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto fights. All these guys were at the time on top of their game, which is the opposite of when Pac fought his big names.

Anyway, back on topic, Canelo-Williams is a close fight as I don't think either have the power to take the other out outside a lucky stoppage.

It will be a close decision either way, with the judges having to decide whether to go with VOLUME (P Will) or CLEAN SHOTS (Alvarez). The latter will get it as he is on the ascendancy.

Black
Ortiz was never a great fight, it's hyped as a great fight. both guys do the same shit we just get a good fight from them sometimes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PWill Vs Canelo Alvarez? damarvelous1 17 10,338 05-16-2012 08:05 PM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)