Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Amir Khan reinstated by WBA
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
What a shock. The WBA reinstates Khan as Champ a few days before his fight. I guess you get sanctioning fees wherever you can get them...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Spyder Wrote:What a shock. The WBA reinstates Khan as Champ a few days before his fight. I guess you get sanctioning fees wherever you can get them...
Cynicism aside, it is the right thing to do. The IBF should do the same, and the Peterson fight should be changed to a NC.

Khan-Garcia should be for the undisputed title.

Black
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Peterson should have been stripped, and it was the right decision. I don't think they should have given Khan his title back, they should have vacated the title, and given him first opportunity to fight for it, against the next best rated fighter.
In the end, it's likely he would end up with it anyway, I just think it should be vacated.

Here is his sparring session for his upcoming fight. He got hit with some stupid shots, while hands at waist, lol. He is good, but he can't do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivUq87j3TE&t=11m33s

http://www.youtube.com/v/PivUq87j3TE&t=11m33s
07-12-2012, 05:48 AM
Fuck that. #1 and #2 Contenders should have been given the right to fight for it, and if Kahn falls/fell in that category, fine. Peterson should get next. I believe his story.
07-12-2012, 06:07 AM
My opinion doesn't change on Peterson as a fighter, dramatically. He took something, got caught and in the end he was probably just one of the unlucky ones.

Though I made up my own mind when it came out that he forgot that he had pellets put into him by a doctor that he saw in an entirely different state. If it was just something innocent, he would've informed the correct people about it. That's what someone with 'nothing to hide' would do.
You don't forget something like that, and he chose not to tell anybody about it, if it was for a health condition.

Like I said, I personally don't think it's a big deal because I think a lot are on it. But suffer the consequences. Every athlete that gets busted has an 'innocence story'. This is no different IMO.
07-12-2012, 07:05 AM
True.

Just like Mosley and his bullshit. When someone is sticking you with a needle, you motherfucking know somethings up, and you're asking questions.
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
It's all about the loot. They make him Champion, they get to collect sanctioning fees from him. Unfortunately, that's also the reason we have so many "paper" Champions.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Skullsplitter has unfinished business. Khans re-emergence as THE main man has crushed the Karavan's relevance. It's significance has been rendered obsolete by a Pakistani British warrior, prompting Amir and his back pack wearing soldiers, to laugh at him right now.

:surprise:
07-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Maxy Wrote:Skullsplitter has unfinished business. Khans re-emergence as THE main man has crushed the Karavan's relevance. It's significance has been rendered obsolete by a Pakistani British warrior, prompting Amir and his back pack wearing soldiers, to laugh at him right now.

The karavan is still relevant! I said straight after the peterson fight that the result wasnt good enough. That wasnt the blow we were waiting on. i was proved right. Thankfully i have stayed focused. Danny Garcia is not the one either. I am playing the long game here with khan, until another Prescott moment comes along. I will sense it, just as i sensed it the first time, and i will make cash off it too!
07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:Skullsplitter has unfinished business. Khans re-emergence as THE main man has crushed the Karavan's relevance. It's significance has been rendered obsolete by a Pakistani British warrior, prompting Amir and his back pack wearing soldiers, to laugh at him right now.

The karavan is still relevant! I said straight after the peterson fight that the result wasnt good enough. That wasnt the blow we were waiting on. i was proved right. Thankfully i have stayed focused. Danny Garcia is not the one either. I am playing the long game here with khan, until another Prescott moment comes along. I will sense it, just as i sensed it the first time, and i will make cash off it too!
Ah but by dismissing the Karavan's relevance I may have reignited a flame in the soul of The CEO who will feel he has unfinished business to attend to. I too was a proud member of the Karavan but I feel ashamed by it. I feel ashamed because it was my one and only hate vehicle membership and it failed. It's a blot on the copy book and I think CEO knew this. It hurt him, left him dispirited and bereft of the strength to hate.

I think it broke him. Amir Khan shattered him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arturo Gatti-Amir Khan: Who would've won? ViperSniper 12 1,010 07-11-2019 01:51 PM
Last Post: Method
  Amir Khan - Rock(ed) hard Fitz 7 4,415 01-17-2017 10:06 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard
  Canelo vs Amir Khan for Lineal MW Title JONdaCON 78 37,166 03-24-2016 05:21 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)