Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:Actually,
If you read my posts I said that it was absolutely a bitch move and Broner is a Bitch for pulling this shit!

What he did to his girl during the post fight interview was a also a bitch move (unless it was staged, lol)

Just don't agree with the notion of it being "cheating".
I did read your posts but I can't figure out why there is a need to mention PED's or CW's. They are arguments for another day and another thread. They have nothing to do with not coming in at the contracted weight.

This is discussing the BS he pulled coming in overweight. There is no need to compare it to anything else.

Broner is a Class-A fucktard and I'm gonna watching someone lay hands on him soon.
I brought it up because someone said it was worst than PED use. I don't agree.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 06:24 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:I brought it up because someone said it was worst than PED use. I don't agree.
Mate page 4 of this thread, without quoting anyone you just arbitrarily rolled out the "I don't think it's worse than PED's" quote. Check it out for yourself.

Fair enough if you don't but it's quotes like that that can derail the discussion. I personally would like to see guys like Broner receive suspensions for the shit he pulled and large fines.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Snoop Wrote:No I'm on board with calling it cheating. I think Broner had every intention of not coming in on weight and knowing the circumstances, made a bet that Escobedo would take the fight anyway. The only difference is that in a PED situation Escobedo wouldn't have known about the disadvantage where in this case he did. I guess you could argue which one is better mentally for the opponent.
By why do we even need to compare it to PED's?? Surely it is a discussion worthy on it's own merits. I don't get why comparisons even need to be introduced. I find comparisons odious most times anyways and usually lead the debate down a blind alley.

It's a bit like arguing if it is worse to murder a guy with an axe as opposed to a gun. Murdering people full stop is not good.
I dunno. I came into the conversation and people were already comparing the two. I just put in my two cents. I think it's a valid argument though. It would make for good conversation around whether or not "fines" are enough reprimand for not making weight, whereas the penalty for PED usage is much more severe. If the two are on the same level, does that make sense to discipline them differently?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2012, 06:56 PM
I think you could say Broner cheated this past weekend.

He didn't bother trying to make weight while his opponent did - making weight is not only the fighters lone true responsibility, but it is also a rule. If you ignore it, you are at a huge advantage. When someone misses weight, the fight can usually be kept on a closer to level playing field due to a same day weigh in...the ever professional Adrien Broner figured it would be best to pound some water immediately after missing the first weight in an effort to rehydrate and let the world know he was NOT going to be making 130, and follow that up with a meal and some sleep while he proceeded to blow off the second weigh in on the day of the fight.

He knew Escobedo wasn't getting on HBO again soon and he needed the money from this fight...he also knew that his promoter and adviser would bail him out. Moreover, he was well aware that regardless whether or not this fight happened or not, a date would be waiting for him in the future.
07-22-2012, 08:28 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:I brought it up because someone said it was worst than PED use. I don't agree.
Mate page 4 of this thread, without quoting anyone you just arbitrarily rolled out the "I don't think it's worse than PED's" quote. Check it out for yourself.

Fair enough if you don't but it's quotes like that that can derail the discussion. I personally would like to see guys like Broner receive suspensions for the shit he pulled and large fines.
Mate, please refer to the post right before mine on page 4...

Anyways, it was a bitch move on Broner's part regardless. Dude is full of himself and guys like that end up on somebody's highlight reel before its all said and done!
07-22-2012, 08:43 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:

Anyways, it was a bitch move on Broner's part regardless. Dude is full of himself and guys like that end up on somebody's highlight reel before its all said and done!
Yeah fair enough D-Marv I just properly read Spinks' post. My bad.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-22-2012, 09:00 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:

Yeah fair enough D-Marv I just properly read Spinks' post. My bad.
No biggie... at least we both agree on the fact that Broner pulled a bitch move and will likely end up face down one of these days.
07-22-2012, 09:22 PM
NO ONE COMPARED PED's to not making weight on purpose TWICE! I said they are both kinda cheating! FUCK are we back on fighthype? smh
07-22-2012, 10:14 PM
damn, didn't realize my post would get that much attention. Didn't mean to set up a blind argument, just stating my opinion. At least everybody seems to have a consensus that Broner's a douche.
07-22-2012, 10:39 PM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:damn, didn't realize my post would get that much attention. Didn't mean to set up a blind argument, just stating my opinion. At least everybody seems to have a consensus that Broner's a douche.
Broner is a douche, bitch, punk and all of the above but man that muthaf*cker got skills.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adrien Broner Appreciation Thread JD 523 426,353 03-21-2023 04:45 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Tank Davis Misses Weight JD 13 941 12-30-2019 01:34 AM
Last Post: JD
  Kovalev Misses Weight by .25 Pounds JD 6 425 11-01-2019 07:50 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)