Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Pacquiao defamation lawsuit against Floyd is settled
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Floyd Mayweather's camp have rejected Manny Pacquiao's offer to accept 45% of the pay-per-view revenue no matter the outcome to get their long-awaited bout into the ring, insisting they will "dictate the terms" of any deal relating to the fight.

In a fresh bid to end the ongoing welterweight saga and agree the terms for a fight billed as the showdown between the two finest pound-for-pound boxers in the world, Paquiao agreed to give Mayweather the greater cut of the fight takings, win or lose.

But Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe reacted angrily to the move, and subsequent suggestions that the only thing stopping the American from entering the ring is Mayweather himself as he looks to protect his undefeated record.

Ellerbe told The LA Times: "Manny Pacquiao can't tell Floyd Mayweather ****. If and when the fight takes place, Floyd will dictate the terms."

Pacquiao still harbours hopes of arranging a showdown with Mayweather in the spring of 2013, and will face Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth time in November, a fight date originally saved for the American.

Ellerbe insists that the result of that fight will have no impact on the Mayweather camp's stance on a potential Pacquiao bout, insisting that the fight is one "that, in my opinion, no one cares about."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story...MP=OTC-RSS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
gravytrain Wrote:Floyd Mayweather's camp have rejected Manny Pacquiao's offer to accept 45% of the pay-per-view revenue no matter the outcome to get their long-awaited bout into the ring, insisting they will "dictate the terms" of any deal relating to the fight.

In a fresh bid to end the ongoing welterweight saga and agree the terms for a fight billed as the showdown between the two finest pound-for-pound boxers in the world, Paquiao agreed to give Mayweather the greater cut of the fight takings, win or lose.

But Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe reacted angrily to the move, and subsequent suggestions that the only thing stopping the American from entering the ring is Mayweather himself as he looks to protect his undefeated record.

Ellerbe told The LA Times: "Manny Pacquiao can't tell Floyd Mayweather ****. If and when the fight takes place, Floyd will dictate the terms."

Pacquiao still harbours hopes of arranging a showdown with Mayweather in the spring of 2013, and will face Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth time in November, a fight date originally saved for the American.

Ellerbe insists that the result of that fight will have no impact on the Mayweather camp's stance on a potential Pacquiao bout, insisting that the fight is one "that, in my opinion, no one cares about."

This report will not appear on FightHype lol

Personally I don't understand it. Manny hasn't looked this bad in years, what is Floyd waiting for? Is he worried that Manny has one big fight left in him? This is really the time to make the fight. He should've made it straight out of prison and asked Manny to take a tune-up in December because like most I think Marquez wil finally get the 'W' this time around and then Mayweather/Pacquiao really is dead in the water.

Looks like Floyd will be able to play his favourite game of 'because that guy beat that guy and I already beat that guy then I would've beaten that guy.'

Floyd is P4P in that game and is something like 847-0 in his mind (and those of his fans).

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-26-2012, 09:14 PM
I keep checking FH just to see if Senor lol writes about it and see how he spins everything. So far, nada.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2012, 07:54 AM
If Pacquiao wins convincingly and brutally, Floyd doesn't want anything to do with him. If Pacquiao fares "badly", Floyd still doesn't want anything to do with him. Pacquiao has already offered 55-45. Fuck!!! What is Pacquiao supposed to do.

Pacquiao still has one more excellent fight left in him. But only if its against Floyd. Anybody else, I don't think Pacquiao will have that interest and focus. By offering Floyd 55-45, it means he already wants to retire.
09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
torvix2000 Wrote:If Pacquiao wins convincingly and brutally, Floyd doesn't want anything to do with him. If Pacquiao fares "badly", Floyd still doesn't want anything to do with him. Pacquiao has already offered 55-45. Fuck!!! What is Pacquiao supposed to do.

Pacquiao still has one more excellent fight left in him. But only if its against Floyd. Anybody else, I don't think Pacquiao will have that interest and focus. By offering Floyd 55-45, it means he already wants to retire.
Which means there's a very good chance that Marquez gets the decision over Pacquiao this time (officially).

If that happens, and Pac is coming off of two back to back losses anyone that still would like to see Mayweather-Pacquiao, and there aren't many, will pull the plug IMO.
09-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Mayweather doesn't want the fight. He has never wanted the fight, in spite of the fact that he has already purchased his wardrobe for the fight should it ever happen. lol

He's an idiot, and I am quite frankly sick and tired of the bullshit that comes from everyone in boxing with the Mayweather surname. When it comes to Floyd Sr., Floyd Jr., Roger, or any of the rest of them, either fight or shut up. Fight Pacquiao, don't fight Pacquiao, pitch for 50 Cent, catch for 50 Cent, break up with 50 Cent, slide under a gas truck, I don't care. Just be quiet and either do something or disappear soon because even though he thinks all of this nonsense is good for boxing, it's not. Getting in there and fighting someone with a pulse more than once a year is good for the sport.

Fuck off, Floyd.

And, yes, that was an apology.... so score one for Pacquiao.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Romulus9 Wrote:Mayweather doesn't want the fight. He has never wanted the fight, in spite of the fact that he has already purchased his wardrobe for the fight should it ever happen. lol

He's an idiot, and I am quite frankly sick and tired of the bullshit that comes from everyone in boxing with the Mayweather surname. When it comes to Floyd Sr., Floyd Jr., Roger, or any of the rest of them, either fight or shut up. Fight Pacquiao, don't fight Pacquiao, pitch for 50 Cent, catch for 50 Cent, break up with 50 Cent, slide under a gas truck, I don't care. Just be quiet and either do something or disappear soon because even though he thinks all of this nonsense is good for boxing, it's not. Getting in there and fighting someone with a pulse more than once a year is good for the sport.

Fuck off, Floyd.

And, yes, that was an apology.... so score one for Pacquiao.
I echo that sentiment.

Black
09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:Floyd Mayweather's camp have rejected Manny Pacquiao's offer to accept 45% of the pay-per-view revenue no matter the outcome to get their long-awaited bout into the ring, insisting they will "dictate the terms" of any deal relating to the fight.

This report will not appear on FightHype lol

Personally I don't understand it. Manny hasn't looked this bad in years, what is Floyd waiting for? Is he worried that Manny has one big fight left in him? This is really the time to make the fight. He should've made it straight out of prison and asked Manny to take a tune-up in December because like most I think Marquez wil finally get the 'W' this time around and then Mayweather/Pacquiao really is dead in the water.

Looks like Floyd will be able to play his favourite game of 'because that guy beat that guy and I already beat that guy then I would've beaten that guy.'

Floyd is P4P in that game and is something like 847-0 in his mind (and those of his fans).
i don't think Arum lets that happen. Pac can still make a lot of money and he can have a lot of people on his side once the story gets bigger. it sounds like he just knew Marquez makes the most money for him and he didn't really leave Pac with any other options. but i can see why they wont fight. he wants Pac to bow down to him more than he wants to fight him

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shantel's Lawsuit against Floyd... MrFactor 11 8,071 09-19-2014 09:19 PM
Last Post: torvix2000
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR: "LIL FLOYD WILL RUN PACQUIAO OUT O Method 14 10,946 12-15-2011 02:40 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR: "PACQUIAO SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO Method 5 3,461 11-24-2011 08:09 PM
Last Post: Byrd Man

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)