Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cotto vs Trout
09-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Cotto vs Trout
MrFactor Wrote:Trout D12 over Cotto. Trout is an excellent boxer who sticks to his game plan. He's a lot bigger than Cotto and will keep him at the end of a jab all night and cruise to an easy decision.
How can you say a guy is an "excellent boxer" when he hasn't even faced a B level guy yet? When you fight D level guys it's a lot easier to shine.

And no way does Trout cruise to an "easy" decision. Since when is Cotto an easy fight for anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Cotto vs Trout
Cotto whips him and sets up another huge PR vs. Mexico fight with Alvarez.
09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Cotto vs Trout
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
MrFactor Wrote:Trout D12 over Cotto. Trout is an excellent boxer who sticks to his game plan. He's a lot bigger than Cotto and will keep him at the end of a jab all night and cruise to an easy decision.
How can you say a guy is an "excellent boxer" when he hasn't even faced a B level guy yet? When you fight D level guys it's a lot easier to shine.

And no way does Trout cruise to an "easy" decision. Since when is Cotto an easy fight for anyone?
Cotto had trouble with Joshua Clottey. I'm one that believes that Cotto got a gift that night. trout will box him, like Clottey. Trout is bigger than Clottey and faster. He doesnt hit with a lot of power. He's pretty good defensively too. I think a guy like Cotto is just taylor made for a guy like Trout. Cotto will eat jabs all night while Trout moves around. Ring size may be the determining factor in this fight because Trout will be on his bike all night. Since we are looking at Trouts opponents, what A-level 154 pounders has Cotto faced? he hasnt. If you want to reference Manny and Mayweather, they werent real 154 pounders. they were both GREAT and smallish. Trout is big and fast. The ONLY thing he lacks is power. He's the real deal. i think he pulls it off that night. Chris Byrd vs Evander Holyfield comes to mind for this one.
09-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Cotto vs Trout
Maybe a better comparison would be Shane Mosley against Winky Wright.
09-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Cotto vs Trout
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:haha, true, Trout isn't the most exciting. But someone new to add to the mix.

I agree though, I kind of hope Cotto doesn't face Alvarez. I think he is too big for Cotto and is getting better and better.
As disciplined as Cotto has become he still has a tendency to stand toe to toe with guys when it heats up in the kitchen. That would be a bad bad idea against the red headed Mexican.

Cotto definitely has the talent to outbox Canelo over 12 rounds but I get the feeling that he won't be able to resist getting into the trenches and that spells trouble with a capital T.
Cotto may have the talent to outbox Canelo over 12 rounds, but I don't think he'd have the legs/stamina to do so with the pressure Alvarez would be applying. I think it would look quite a bit like the Mosley fight, where Cotto was spent and losing the late rounds as Mosley pressed forward. Alvarez however is bigger, and will land more frequently (especially to the body) than Mosley did, so if anything I think Cotto wears down a tad sooner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to me the question isn't whether or not Alvarez beats Cotto, it's if Cotto is able to last 12 rounds.
Yeh, no doubt this will go to the trentches with Cotto and Alvarez. But I can also see Cotto doing damage, Alvarez takes shots and Cotto is no pitty pat hitter like Mosley is these days.
09-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Cotto vs Trout
MrFactor Wrote:Maybe a better comparison would be Shane Mosley against Winky Wright.
I also think Cotto will have more trouble with Trout than people think. I've seen him in the amateurs (obviously a long time ago), but he was giving it to guys who have held their own with guys like Peterson and Geale. Cotto wouldn't walk through Geale. Of course, comparisons like that are old and pointless, but it still shows that Trout has talent at least as high as a guy who is holding titles these days even in the Middle division. Trout is no slouch, weak competition or not, he is not going to be a walk over for Miguel.
09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Cotto vs Trout
MrFactor Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:

Cotto had trouble with Joshua Clottey. I'm one that believes that Cotto got a gift that night. trout will box him, like Clottey. Trout is bigger than Clottey and faster. He doesnt hit with a lot of power. He's pretty good defensively too. I think a guy like Cotto is just taylor made for a guy like Trout. Cotto will eat jabs all night while Trout moves around. Ring size may be the determining factor in this fight because Trout will be on his bike all night. Since we are looking at Trouts opponents, what A-level 154 pounders has Cotto faced? he hasnt. If you want to reference Manny and Mayweather, they werent real 154 pounders. they were both GREAT and smallish. Trout is big and fast. The ONLY thing he lacks is power. He's the real deal. i think he pulls it off that night. Chris Byrd vs Evander Holyfield comes to mind for this one.
All of Cotto's opponents at 154 are of higher caliber than Trout's opponents.

Clottey has better wins than Trout does. Clottey was a higher caliber opponent than Trout is.

And what does referencing Clottey have to do with anything with respect to Trout when by your own admission Trout "moves around" and "will be on his bike all night"? That is nothing like Clottey, so your comparison there really doesn't make sense to me.
09-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Cotto vs Trout
MrFactor Wrote:Maybe a better comparison would be Shane Mosley against Winky Wright.
Shane Mosley to Winky Wright is how you think Cotto vs Trout could look?

You just said in your post that Trout likes to move and will be on his bike the whole night. That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Wright did against Mosley. Couldn't be more opposite, lol.
09-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Cotto vs Trout
and the NEW Wrote:
I also think Cotto will have more trouble with Trout than people think. I've seen him in the amateurs (obviously a long time ago), but he was giving it to guys who have held their own with guys like Peterson and Geale. Cotto wouldn't walk through Geale. Of course, comparisons like that are old and pointless, but it still shows that Trout has talent at least as high as a guy who is holding titles these days even in the Middle division. Trout is no slouch, weak competition or not, he is not going to be a walk over for Miguel.
I never suggested Trout would be a walk over for Cotto. However, Factor is suggesting Cotto will be a walk over for Trout. Quite a bold prediction which is why I asked for more info on why he felt that way.

So far his reasoning doesn't really support his pick, but we're all entitled to our opinions =)
09-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Cotto vs Trout
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
MrFactor Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:

All of Cotto's opponents at 154 are of higher caliber than Trout's opponents.

Clottey has better wins than Trout does. Clottey was a higher caliber opponent than Trout is.

And what does referencing Clottey have to do with anything with respect to Trout when by your own admission Trout "moves around" and "will be on his bike all night"? That is nothing like Clottey, so your comparison there really doesn't make sense to me.
I used Clottey as an example because Clottey is big and stuck Cotto consistently with a jab in his face. Clottey does not have the defense or speed that Trout does. That is why I beleive it will be easier for Trout.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cotto-Trout on SHOWTIME SKULLSPLITTER 193 83,449 12-15-2012 07:48 PM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Cotto vs Trout Title Clash Set For December 1 at MSG JONdaCON 49 24,227 09-14-2012 08:55 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)