Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
04-27-2016, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2016 10:16 PM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Only here for the comments Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2016, 10:49 PM
(04-27-2016 06:11 PM)Warlord Wrote:  I agree it is a tactical move, and think it was a terrible decision to be honest. I think it will only hurt, not help, the Cruz campaign.

But Cruz's endgame is no longer to get to 1,237. It's to prevent Trump from getting to 1,237. If he can do that, he'll win the nomination.

Before any tard comes on here talking about how unAmerican that is, please remember that Lincoln won on the third ballot of an open convention. Ford won at an open convention as well. Reagan fought his ass off to try and win at an open convention.

The problem with Trump and his little Trumpkins is that they're completely ignorant knobs who don't have a clue about the history of this great country.

From what I watched yesterday Trump still has a mathematical chance of securing those numbers before they get to the convention. If anything I think this ill-conceived alliance actually gives Trump's chances of doing so a bump, in that it speaks directly as to what he has campaigned on, that being that politics is rigged.

Cruz and his team were doing fine before this and I think they should give themselves an uppercut, it could well turn out to be a game changer.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
04-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Agreed on all counts. If Trump scores it, I think the Cruz/Kasich alliance will rightly be viewed as the turning point.

The ramifications will be unfathomable if Trump gets the nomination, because Hillary will crush him in the general, take the Whitehouse, and finish what Barack Obama started.
04-28-2016, 12:58 AM
(04-27-2016 11:49 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Agreed on all counts. If Trump scores it, I think the Cruz/Kasich alliance will rightly be viewed as the turning point.

The ramifications will be unfathomable if Trump gets the nomination, because Hillary will crush him in the general, take the Whitehouse, and finish what Barack Obama started.

Really you think? I suspect that whoever is on the other side will prevail. I really believe that as the election goes deeper Hilary's skeletons will come rattling out like she's Davy Jones' locker herself.

Watching that ridiculous speech of hers last night reminded me of a pantomime horse. If Donald says he'll crush her then I believe him, LOL.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-28-2016, 06:10 AM
I hope whoever the Republican nominee is beats her. I just don't have faith in the American voter anymore. Sad

Since Reagan we've had:

Bush Sr., Clinton twice, Little Bush twice, and Obama twice. They ran against: Dukakis, Bush Sr., Dole, Gore, Kerry, McCain, and Romney.

Look at that list of names. :'( That is the motliest crew of idiots you'd ever hope to see. Sad Each election has produced results worse than the previous.

Hillary has been bought and sold through the years like a Tiajuana hooker, while Trump has bought and sold political whores like her throughout the years. They won't change the system. They can't change the system. They are the system.
04-28-2016, 07:35 AM
Probably naive, but I'm not heavily invested into politics, especially American politics. But I have been hearing for months about Trump, Clinton and Cruz, and it is a running for presidency (correct me if I am wrong)?
What about Obama, doesn't he campaign to defend his position?

I am just used to an Australian election which is pretty much between Liberal and Labour. You have a Prime Minister who is either in one of the party's (Liberal or Labour}, and the opposing party is in the running to try win the nation over and take over the country by winning the nation over.

What I'm trying to get at, is why are the 3 names I keep hearing about campaigning, but don't hear anything about Obama doing a campaign to try and defend his position.

We have an election every 4 years and it is the leader of the Labour or Liberal party trying to take over.

Probably a dumb question, but I don't know how American politics work. Can anyone dumb it down for me?
04-28-2016, 08:29 AM
An American president can only serve two terms. Thank God. And the subhuman Obama has already served two terms.

Clinton is the front-runner for the Democratic Party (Odummy's party), and Trump is the front runner for the Republican Party. Cruz is running against Trump to be the Republican nominee, while Bernie Sanders is running against Hillary to be the Democratic nominee.

Bernie doesn't have a chance, so you may not hear about him so much now. Cruz can upset the apple cart for Trump as long as Trump doesn't get 1,237 delegates, so he's still very much in the news cycle.

The left wing dominated media are desperate for a Trump win, because they think he's the only candidate on Earth that Hillary can beat. They've done their best to call the race for Trump and bury Cruz, but Cruz won't go away.
04-28-2016, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 11:21 AM by salvador.)
Former republican speaker of the house John Boehner calls Cruz "Lucifer in the flesh" and says he wouldn't vote for him in a general election.

Has there ever been a candidate for president so openly hated by his/her own party?

And the thing that is so amazing is that the hate is all personal - people who know him best (going all the way back to his college days) all agree he's a slimy character.

Hilarious.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-28...ifer-flesh
04-28-2016, 01:01 PM
Typical leftism, attacking character because you can't attack policy.

There is no greater endorsement for me than a candidate who is despised by the corrupt Washington establishment.
04-28-2016, 01:22 PM
At this point I think Washington has accepted the idea that Trump is going to be the guy.

A friend once told me that being stoned to death had to be the ultimate "we don't like you" way to die. And that's the way I think it is with Cruz. So many people from throughout his life have gone out of their way to express how much they loathe him personally.

Nobody has criticized his policies, just his character. And they aren't leftists. They are republicans going all the way back to the Bush administration. People just hate him and they are willing to go on record saying that during a presidential campaign.

Seriously, what could be funnier than that?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)