Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather and Pac amongst the last golden era at 147
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:Ok let's discuss the unthinkable here: Marquez wins this 4th fight (officially) clearly, even stops Pac late. Marquez gives Pac another fight since Pac has given him rematches. They fight a 5th time next year.

When is the last time 2 guys faced each other 5 times? I know Marquez' little bro fought Vasquez 4 times... but I can't think of any 5 time examples.

If that were to happen that could easily set up a 6th fight as ridiculous as that sounds.

Nelson-Leija is one of the few examples of long series in recent times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Not sure of recently, but I know LaMotta and Robinson fought five times.

I think Moore and Charles did as well.

Black
11-10-2012, 08:40 PM
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Not sure of recently, but I know LaMotta and Robinson fought five times.

Black
6 times I believe. Robinson won 5 of them.
11-11-2012, 03:23 AM
It was much more common it seems for guys to face each other more times earlier in the history of the sport because guys back then fought every month or two, not once or twice a year.
11-11-2012, 08:10 AM
and the NEW Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Not sure of recently, but I know LaMotta and Robinson fought five times.

Black
6 times I believe. Robinson won 5 of them.
I stand corrected...that's even more impressive!

Black
11-12-2012, 06:11 PM
not very many guys have fought as much as Robinson and LaMotta. i think it's because Robinson was on a big win streak and LaMotta had a win over him so people wanted to see him lose, that and they were 2 of the most popular guys back then so it's a big money fight. reminds me of when Carmen Basilio said "i'd a lot of tough fights, my manager wasn't scared of nobody"
11-13-2012, 04:56 AM
gravytrain Wrote:not very many guys have fought as much as Robinson and LaMotta. i think it's because Robinson was on a big win streak and LaMotta had a win over him so people wanted to see him lose, that and they were 2 of the most popular guys back then so it's a big money fight. reminds me of when Carmen Basilio said "i'd a lot of tough fights, my manager wasn't scared of nobody"
Na, many guys have fought as much as Robinson and LaMotta.

In the old days when black fighters weren't given shots, a lot of top quality ones got stuck fighting eachother over and over again. One example is Holman Williams vs Charley Burley who also fought 7 times I believe.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)