Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mistakes inside the ring.
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
DLH fighting Pacquiao at whatever ridiculous weight he came in at.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Margarito in the Mosley fight - Everything that night was a mistake for Margarito.
11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Disagree on the last 2.

I don't think either of them had anything to do with making 'mistakes' in the ring like a game plan or a specific action that cost them. The DLH mistake was on the scales, but to me that isn't an action or game plan that cost him.
Just a bad idea to try make 147.

And Margarito just got beaten like a red headed stepchild by a guy that is better than him. He fought the same how he always does and with the same game plan.
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I always thought that Hatton fought more reckless than usual against Pac. I don't think going with Sr was a good idea although not sure if he has much to do with Ricky's approach.

Hatton was closing the distance yet appeared to be waiting to really let his hands go too.

?Mayorga giving Tito a couple of freebies in the first? Not sure if people saw this as a factor considering Mayorga wasnt stopped till 8 rounds later but I don't think it helped him for the following round & he never had a better round after. Bad ass move tho!
11-09-2012, 02:22 AM
I personally don't think Mayorga sticking his chin out cost him the fight. He was fine for another 8 rounds, took his beating and was always going to take that beating.
That's the fight where I really began to like Mayorga, he took his beating like a champ and was extremely resilient.
11-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Good point. Mayorga had a great chin & would never go down easy!
11-09-2012, 05:03 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:?Mayorga giving Tito a couple of freebies in the first? Not sure if people saw this as a factor considering Mayorga wasnt stopped till 8 rounds later but I don't think it helped him for the following round & he never had a better round after. Bad ass move tho!
I agree with that assessment mate. No doubt he was going to take a beating but he was hit hard 3 times flush when he was still warming up. That is a pretty big factor in his durability later when he slowed down & really started getting tagged. I am convinced that had he not been hit by his own stupidity Mayorga would have lasted longer & maybe seen the distance.
11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:?Mayorga giving Tito a couple of freebies in the first? Not sure if people saw this as a factor considering Mayorga wasnt stopped till 8 rounds later but I don't think it helped him for the following round & he never had a better round after. Bad ass move tho!
I agree with that assessment mate. No doubt he was going to take a beating but he was hit hard 3 times flush when he was still warming up. That is a pretty big factor in his durability later when he slowed down & really started getting tagged. I am convinced that had he not been hit by his own stupidity Mayorga would have lasted longer & maybe seen the distance.
On that fight, a mistake for Tito was not going to the body more. Roy was calling for it all night and as soon as Tito touched the body, Mayorga folded. He could have had Mayorga out of there within the first few if he ripped the body. Tito was too much of a head hunter, he had lethal body punches when he threw them.
10-24-2019, 04:40 AM
RE: Mistakes inside the ring.
*BUMP*

Hearns deciding to brawl against Hagler instead of working behind the jab more

Matthysse not using the jab and being more aggressive against Garcia

GGG not going to the body against Canelo

Sederi getting cocky against Maxwell

Wlad deciding to lung with hooks when he had AJ hurt

AJ punching with Ruiz Jr

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)