Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mares-Moreno
11-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Mares-Moreno
The Angulo fight was good..while it lasted. Both looked slow as shit in there but the power was all there!! (Brutal..Kirkland-Angulo is def worth watching. Round 1 is classic stuff)

First time I've seen Santa Cruz n wondering how I haven't come across him sooner!? The guy has a high guard & throws some nice shots! I would like to see him in with a big named fighter soon!!

Mares-Moreno was a good fight but didnt have it as close as the commentary team as I think I gave Moreno 2 close rounds. The commentary caught me off gaurd with Brian Kenny going it, also with Mallinaggi & Joe Cortez jumping on the mic.

Mares is pretty fun to watch but makes it so easy to root against him when he fights like a dirty cheap bastard who is not only allowed to but gets help along the way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Mares-Moreno
lol lol Donaire should just stick to getting the money fights. Nobody's anywhere near his level.
11-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Mares-Moreno
If the fight isn't in Mares living room...give me Donaire by way of sparking, and Santa Cruz by way of late beatdown.
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Mares-Moreno
I had it 114-112 I think. Can't remember, I was pretty high by then. It was a hell of a fun fight to watch I thought. Definitely felt Mares got the better of it, though Moreno had a nice little run (maybe rounds 7-9?) where he almost evened things up.

There are dirty fighters, and there are dirty fighters. Mares is cut from that Holyfield, Casamayor cloth. Filthy, nasty little fucker looking to bend the rules every second of the fight. I kinda like him for it though, but the refs need to do a better job policing his fights. If they're gonna let him get away with the stuff he does, they can't be on his opponent for trying to find a way to respond in kind.

Leo Santa Cruz is must watch TV. His offense is just ridiculous. 100+ punches a round, and those are REAL shots he's throwing. Love the way he digs to the body.
11-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Mares-Moreno
I think how dirty Mares is a little blown out of proportion. This wasnt anything close to Agbeko I....THAT was travesty.

Round 1: 10-10
Round 2: Mares 10-9
Round 3: Moreno 10-9
Round 4: Mares 10-9
Round 5: Mares 10-8
Round 6: Mares 10-9
Round 7: Mares 10-9
Round 8: Moreno 10-9 (close)
Round 9: Mares 10-9
Round 10: Mares 10-9
Round 11: Moreno 9-9 (BULLSHIT Point deduction)
Round 12: Moreno 10-9

Great fight and not as dirty as made out to be IMO. The point deduction was the only thing completely BS but it doesnt matter. 7-4-1 Mares. With a KD.

Moreno should have watched more Sweet Pea Whitaker and invested in the body EARLIER and more often.

Great fight.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
11-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Mares-Moreno
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:Mares won the fight. I had it 116-110 just like two of the official judges.

Santa Cruz. Absolutely love the brutal body shots he throws and his work rate is insane. Said he needs 2 more fights before he gets in there with a Mares type fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing Moreno drop back to 118 and watch these two lock horns.
I'll have to go back and rewatch it, I may have been bias given how fuming I was at the ref and that cheating little fukcer named Abner. If he let Moreno push more (which he should have been able too with the way Mares was swarming with his head), then it could have been an even better fight for Moreno.

Santa Cruz hits so damn crisp. His record is also deceiving. He doesn't have KO power on his KO ratio, but he has stopped like 12 of his last 13 opponents or something like that. I'll definately be watching a lot more of him! Loved your mention of his 'Brutal Body Shots', ha ha. He kind of reminds me of a young Jeff Fenech, just an absolute swarmer!

I also read he was the world amateur champion at 15? WTF. And he had a top notch amateur record for a slugger, going 148-7. Does anyone have a link to his fight with Morel or his last fight vs Zaleta? I can't find either on youtube and didn't get to see all his fight yesterday cause I was watching the Lara fight.

As for Angulo, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the guy is as slow as they come. I don't rate him at all and think any top level 154lber takes him out.
11-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Mares-Moreno
Big Slim Wrote:There are dirty fighters, and there are dirty fighters. Mares is cut from that Holyfield, Casamayor cloth. Filthy, nasty little fucker looking to bend the rules every second of the fight. I kinda like him for it though, but the refs need to do a better job policing his fights. If they're gonna let him get away with the stuff he does, they can't be on his opponent for trying to find a way to respond in kind.
I disagree.

Holyfield and Casamayor were smart in the way they did it, even Hopkins is.

Mares is just absolutely dirty and it's blatantly obvious. He is more like Golota.

The part that is even more fukcing annoying is that the ref penalises the other guy. Agbeko and Moreno should get together and give him a solid beat down in a back alley somewhere!
11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Mares-Moreno
BigG Wrote:I think how dirty Mares is a little blown out of proportion. This wasnt anything close to Agbeko I....THAT was travesty.

Great fight and not as dirty as made out to be IMO. The point deduction was the only thing completely BS but it doesnt matter. 7-4-1 Mares. With a KD.

Moreno should have watched more Sweet Pea Whitaker and invested in the body EARLIER and more often.

Great fight.

If you are going to compare how dirty Mares was with Agbeko than Moreno then no..it doesn't come close. I don't think many fights do. 1st round with Agbeko commentators were ALREADY complaining about the low blows..by then end of the fight I counted over 30 low blows.

Put that aside..

Mares fought dirty against Moreno! Mares fights dirty because the ref doesn't do ANYTHING about it & because of that Mares takes advantage of it. Only person that gets warned or penalized are Mares's opponents. Because of that his opponents have to carefully 'box' while Mares is given the green light to 'street fight' all he wants.

It's a shame because Mares IS exciting & has got an excellent resume so far yet those fights have been stacked against his opponents due to refs dictating the fight for him.

Mares is cheap & dirty!
11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Mares-Moreno
ViperSniper Wrote:
BigG Wrote:I think how dirty Mares is a little blown out of proportion. This wasnt anything close to Agbeko I....THAT was travesty.

Great fight.

If you are going to compare how dirty Mares was with Agbeko than Moreno then no..it doesn't come close. I don't think many fights do. 1st round with Agbeko commentators were ALREADY complaining about the low blows..by then end of the fight I counted over 30 low blows.

Put that aside..

Mares fought dirty against Moreno! Mares fights dirty because the ref doesn't do ANYTHING about it & because of that Mares takes advantage of it. Only person that gets warned or penalized are Mares's opponents. Because of that his opponents have to carefully 'box' while Mares is given the green light to 'street fight' all he wants.

It's a shame because Mares IS exciting & has got an excellent resume so far yet those fights have been stacked against his opponents due to refs dictating the fight for him.

Mares is cheap & dirty!
Yep, agreed totally Viper. You could see Moreno wanting to get some distance, but Mares kept mauling him with his head and Moreno kept having to try and remember not to use any tricks to get distance because he would get warned for even touching Mares with anything other than his punches. Don't push, don't pull his head down. Take the low blows, take the headbuts, take the shot in the kidney from the back. Oooop, you weren't listening, now I'm deducting a point.

If Mares was in a fair fight with Moreno, that could have looked very different.
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Mares-Moreno
I don't mind dirty fights or fighters (to an extent), I can appreciate the sly and craftiness if they disguise it well. What I don't like is when the referee is favouring a fighter. I like it when he lets both fighters get down and dirty and make it a rough and dirty fight. As long as they are consistent with both fighters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moreno-De La Mora, Mares-Morel Mean Mister Mustard 11 6,716 04-22-2012 08:10 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)