Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
04-20-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(04-20-2016 03:21 PM)salvador Wrote:  Do you listen to the candidates' words or do you just let talk radio filter your news for you?

Why do you continue to run this pathetic argument that I get my arguments from talk radio? It's pure intellectual dishonesty on your part.

And since you're getting all the straight dope from MSNBC (or the New York Times, or whatever other pure, unbiased, unadulterated news source you have access to), why don't you answer my question and tell me which candidate still in the race has a better, more detailed plan on dealing with entitlements in this country than Ted Cruz?

Quote:The video below is 2 weeks old and from a Fox News Town Hall that was held in primetime and its the second video that comes up on youtube with a "ted cruz roe vs wade" search:

Again, what are you getting at? Ted Cruz is a constitutional lawyer. Of course he doesn't agree with Roe v. Wade. No one who has any fidelity to our founding document would.

It has nothing to do with whether you support abortion or not. It has to do with unelected lawyers striking down states' rights and creating federal laws when they have no jurisdiction to do so.

Cruz has explained this ad nauseam, just as I have, on this very case as well as the decision on gay marriage. He has said, on multiple occasions, just as I and any other supporter of the Constitution has, this is an issue of states' rights! It's got nothing to do with your personal opinion on the issue, it's got to do with following the law of the land as laid out in our constitution!

I know you don't give a shit about it, but a lot of people do!

Quote:If you do a yahoo search for "ted cruz abortion"...

Fucking A, man. Yahoo! What the fuck is wrong with you? You want to shit on talk radio, and you're neck-deep in its liberal equivalent with fucking Yahoo?

Aristocrat/democrat shit there, my friend. Getting your talking points from a Yahoo newsfeed that runs shit from leftwing rags like the Huffington Post, and citing wikipedia when (attempting) to make a serious argument.

Man, you're pathetic. You are really living up to that liberal arts degree that mommy and daddy wasted good money on.

Quote:the first thing that comes up is a website where you don't even need to click the link to read a Ted Cruz quote from the 40th anniversary of Roe V Wade in 2013: "Today marks the dark anniversary of Roe v Wade, the supreme court decision that overturned a Texas law that prohibited abortion on demand. Since that 1973 ruling, more than 55 million lives have been lost to abortion."

That's a fact. What is wrong with that statement? There isn't anything there about "outlawing abortion", an issue you've spent an inordinate and extensive amount of time on, which is ironic considering how much you claim you don't care.

Quote:Without the abortion issue, Ted Cruz doesn't exist as a national candidate. In order to help you understand that this is the core of his campaign strategy, I googled "Ted cruz courting evangelicals" and I put a link below to an article from the first page. (I know, the butt hurt libtard NY Times. If you don't trust the source, there are tons more I just don't feel like reading them all.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/11/us/pol....html?_r=0

Running hard right on abortion is very smart in the primaries if you want to win some delegates and make a national name for yourself because almost 50% of the republican primary voters are self identified as evangelicals. Just ask Mike Huckabee or Rick Santorum. But running hard right on abortion will be a death sentence in the general election and Cruz knows it.

You're so dumb, you're arguing against yourself at this point. I said all along running hard right on abortion was going to cost him political capital. I said Cruz does it because he believes it; he's sacrificing political capital to stand on principle.

How the fuck could you possibly disagree with that statement? It's a fucking fact, which you've just admitted to again. Get your head out of your ass, Sal.

And there isn't ONE FUCKING CANDIDATE running TODAY, including your man Trump, that ISN'T running hard right on abortion. Trump said a woman aborting a child should be punished, for Christ's sake! How dumb is that?

This is the same guy that held up his grandmother's bible when asking evangelicals for their vote, and quoted them a nice verse from "two Corinthians."

This is the guy that just said, in New York, his home-fucking-town, “I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-11, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down, and I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action."

He's confusing the most historic moment in his hometown's history with the place where you buy a big gulp, and you want to pull the lever for this guy? SMFH.

Quote:Which is why I've been saying from the beginning that he wasn't really running for president but for political clout within the party.

For a guy who isn't running, he's doing a pretty fucking good job.

Quote:I mistyped regarding the presidential nomination to the supreme court.

You didn't mistype shit, you misspoke because you're ignorant. Even wikipedia could have gotten you up to speed if you'd cared enough to research it. But who can blame you, really. Leftwing turds like you can't be expected to be familiar with the document that built this country and made it great before you were born.

Quote:I'm genuinely amazed by how ignorant you are about the machinery of the Cruz campaign - particularly since he is your guy. I keep reading all your nasty posts about MSNBC talking points, states rights, butt hurt libtards, polls, and all the various constitutional issues you are so concerned with but somehow you are unaware that this is the issue that put Cruz where he is.

Because EVERY REPUBLICAN RUNNING FOR OFFICE is pro-life! lol How the hell is that unique to Ted Cruz? That's like singling Bernie out because he wants to run up entitlements, and giving Killary a free pass.

Put the bong down before you post here again, dude. This is getting pathetic. I'm starting to think a team of monkeys could pound out a Shakespearean sonnet before you crap out a coherent thought.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2016, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 06:53 PM by salvador.)
(04-20-2016 04:44 PM)Warlord Wrote:  I said all along running hard right on abortion was going to cost him political capital. I said Cruz does it because he believes it; he's sacrificing political capital to stand on principle.

Just to keep it simple:

Do you believe Cruz would still be a contender in the race right now if he hadn't gone hard right on abortion?

If not, what political capital is he sacrificing for his principle?
04-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Absolutely. Rubio was further to the right than Cruz on abortion, and he's long gone. Look at any exit poll from voters who actually showed up to pull the lever for a Republican candidate -- abortion is nowhere to be found. People are worried about the economy, terrorism, and illegal immigration.

Cruz is where he is now because he's perceived to be an "outsider", like Trump. He does better with true-blue conservatives who respect the constitution, and believe in authentic conservative values (free trade, limited government, individual liberty, national defense, and traditional values.)

Trump does better with folks like you, honestly. Crossover voters, disenfranchised voters, poorly educated, nominally religious, and otherwise ignorant voters won over by the visceral vitriol against Washington.
04-20-2016, 08:41 PM
(04-20-2016 07:44 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Absolutely.

My favorite thing you've ever said.
04-20-2016, 09:25 PM
(04-20-2016 08:41 PM)salvador Wrote:  My favorite thing you've ever said.

Glad you appreciate a well-reasoned answer. If you can find a single Republican running today who isn't openly pro-life, let me know. Not that it should influence your vote.

Now tell me, which candidate from either party has put forward a better, more specific plan than Ted Cruz in regards to stopping the fiscal insanity going on in Washington?

(04-20-2016 03:58 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Not idealized, just a Country able to defend its castle walls.

States should most definitely be able to decide who can and cannot stay. I understood this principle early in life when one of my best childhood friends was kicked out of the State of Florida for a couple of years by the Governor's Office. My point is that if the immigration policy is left solely to the States to decide, then we will be stuck with checkpoints on state lines similar to those on our borders to Canada and Mexico. And THAT is if they are managing their State's immigration policy effectively.

The whole thing becomes convoluted and is much more effective when it is crafted at the federal level. I completely understand the political aspect to it, which is why it should be determined by the DoD, and not in the hands of congress.

I don't think we're really far apart on what we want, except I don't think the DoD should handle it. Congress should, but only as it is defined by the constitution. It's government overreach we have to be wary of.
04-20-2016, 09:47 PM
(04-20-2016 09:25 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Now tell me, which candidate from either party has put forward a better, more specific plan than Ted Cruz in regards to stopping the fiscal insanity going on in Washington?

There are none. Only vague hopes and promises.
04-20-2016, 09:51 PM
(04-20-2016 09:47 PM)salvador Wrote:  There are none. Only vague hopes and promises.

Good. Welcome to the Cruz campaign.
04-20-2016, 09:54 PM
(04-20-2016 09:51 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Good. Welcome to the Cruz campaign.

You know what the Chinese would say about you?

You're hirarious.
04-20-2016, 10:21 PM
(04-20-2016 09:54 PM)salvador Wrote:  You know what the Chinese would say about you?

You're hirarious.

My wife is Chinese. And she's a Cruz supporter. lol

Just give in, Sal. Even Vader joined the light side.
04-21-2016, 01:11 PM
So today Trump said he's okay with men using women's bathrooms if it makes them feel comfortable. He's trying to move left (where he belongs), because he thinks it will help him win the general. But now, he'll never get there.

Anyone else want to dump Trump like Sal and hop aboard the Cruz express? (It's okay, Sal, you can admit it. You're among friends.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)