Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Which other boxing forums do you visit?
02-25-2017, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 07:17 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Which other boxing forums do you visit?
(02-21-2017 01:41 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  For example..do you think it was right when Decagon brought you personal life involved?

I remember somebody bought up that Decagon had a handicap kid. There is unfiltered. And then there is just complete fucking dickheads. Decagon, as much as you might not have liked him, was a serious historian of the sport and a massive asset to the boards. We should be trying to keep guys like that around. Then we could build a seriously reputable forum. But why bother putting up with total BS when you know boxing and want to discuss it?

Same as BigG, same as JohnnyBlaze who I used to PM regularly about footwork.

Funny thing is discussion then turns to how somebody "drove" another good poster off the boards by derailing their boxing discussion. That's a good way to end up with wasted discussion and leave the boxing enthusiasts going to other forums. Even stranger is the heads then swell of those who "drove them off", whilst the boxing enthusiasts have little care except to find good boxing chat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2017, 12:47 AM
Decagon was a quality poster who had the board on their toes. The guy knew his shit! What about SmartBeardo too..that guy was an excellent addition to the boards.
02-26-2017, 03:21 AM
(02-26-2017 12:47 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Decagon was a quality poster who had the board on their toes. The guy knew his shit! What about SmartBeardo too..that guy was an excellent addition to the boards.

See this is where I struggle with your logic slightly. You made a few posts stating that one of the problems with these boards was that the personal abuse had gotten too much. I personally disagree but if that is your opinion then you are of course certainly entitled to it. However.................when it comes to 'Board etiquette' Smarty Beardo had to be the single most abusive poster I ever came across on either FH or here. That dude would go with anyone, anytime over anything. I'm not sure he is your guy to improve niceties between fellow posters. Can you imagine America sending a guy like Beardo to negotiate peace in the Middle East? lol

I miss his stories though.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-26-2017, 03:44 AM
I guess I'm having struggles trying to understand your perspective too. Both Beardo and Decagon would go on late night benders. Decagon had been banned from other forums before. Beardo got suspended and later banned at FH. Not really following what made them "quality" and "excellent" in your eyes. I agree that they added value to the forum, but that's because I enjoy shit talking in between talking boxing.

Beardo did have some classics. I loved when he'd go all kamikaze after boozing.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2017, 03:57 AM
(02-26-2017 03:44 AM)Spyder Wrote:  I guess I'm having struggles trying to understand your perspective too. Both Beardo and Decagon would go on late night benders. Decagon had been banned from other forums before. Beardo got suspended and later banned at FH. Not really following what made them "quality" and "excellent" in your eyes. I agree that they added value to the forum, but that's because I enjoy shit talking in between talking boxing.

Beardo did have some classics. I loved when he'd go all kamikaze after boozing.

Who didn't love a boozed up Beardo going all cray cray at everyone? LOL. I was also gonna mention Dec had been thrown/run off several other boards too. Seemed like the guy had an operandi modus of just going places and stirring up shit. Hey I don't mind that, I'm just surprised that these 2 guys who could be really really abusive are held up as the Gold standard for the type of poster we need here when the current complaint is that some of us troll too hard.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-28-2017, 08:36 AM
(02-25-2017 06:38 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I remember somebody bought up that Decagon had a handicap kid. There is unfiltered. And then there is just complete fucking dickheads.

No one brought it up here. It was brought up on another forum. When he attacked my wife, many people here told me I should go tit for tat. I didn't. But keep playing that violin for Dec.

I should put up with Dec insulting my wife. Others who shall remain nameless want to call Ollie an alcoholic and just be a general asshat about stuff, but you don't want anyone saying anything back? Okay.

Quote:Decagon, as much as you might not have liked him, was a serious historian of the sport and a massive asset to the boards.

Decagon "There's no such thing as a right hook", Decagon? He was okay. No better than anyone else. Worse than some.

Quote:We should be trying to keep guys like that around.

He chose to leave. He's been banned from many forums, but chose to leave this one. Are you saying we should all suck everyone's dick, no matter how big an asshole they are?

Quote:Then we could build a seriously reputable forum. But why bother putting up with total BS when you know boxing and want to discuss it?

What BS did Decagon have to put up with?

Quote:Same as BigG, same as JohnnyBlaze who I used to PM regularly about footwork.

BigG left because he was behaving like a massive cunt and getting called out on it.

Quote:Funny thing is discussion then turns to how somebody "drove" another good poster off the boards by derailing their boxing discussion. That's a good way to end up with wasted discussion and leave the boxing enthusiasts going to other forums. Even stranger is the heads then swell of those who "drove them off", whilst the boxing enthusiasts have little care except to find good boxing chat.

So much generalizing here. What topic got hijacked? Who drove someone off the boards and then had a swelled head because of it?

The last thread I remember getting hijacked with personal bullshit was the Mosley/Toney one, when some cat got butthurt about a boxing discussion and then started insulting people. Who was that again? That guy should take a lesson from you on how a boxing forum should be run.

(02-26-2017 12:47 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Decagon was a quality poster who had the board on their toes. The guy knew his shit! What about SmartBeardo too..that guy was an excellent addition to the boards.

Two of the biggest assholes on the boards is your gold standard? You can't say you want respectable boxing talk, and them bring up the two most abusive, abrasive assholes on the internet.

What you and ATN really want is no one to call either of you out on anything, ever, it seems to me. If the Mosley/Toney thread is your idea of bad taste, I really don't know what else to say. What else happened there besides Ollie getting called an alcoholic?
02-28-2017, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 09:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
(02-28-2017 08:36 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Two of the biggest assholes on the boards is your gold standard? You can't say you want respectable boxing talk, and them bring up the two most abusive, abrasive assholes on the internet.

What you and ATN really want is no one to call either of you out on anything, ever, it seems to me. If the Mosley/Toney thread is your idea of bad taste, I really don't know what else to say. What else happened there besides Ollie getting called an alcoholic?

Gold standard?? No, I said they were good additions who knew their shit. Decagon was like an encyclopedia & SmartyBeardos boxing nicknames were quality lol

I didn't bring up the Mosley/Toney thread due to ATN calling Ollie an alcoholic (I wasn't even aware Ollie was an alcoholic!) don't know

I brought the thread up as one of the examples of a why the boards have gone down by threads being clogged up with witch hunting and trolling with no good discussion, which is what happened in that thread. Ollie loves dishing it out, so it's hardly surprising that he got it back his way..just like you and Dec.
02-28-2017, 01:03 PM
(02-28-2017 09:26 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Gold standard?? No, I said they were good additions who knew their shit. Decagon was like an encyclopedia & SmartyBeardos boxing nicknames were quality lol

What adjective you want to use to describe their standard is irrelevant. The fact is that you said you want posters who aren't abusive, and wouldn't cause others to leave this forum. Your standard was Dec and Smarty, two of the biggest assholes to have ever graced this forum.

Do you want knowledgeable posters who are also well-behaved, or just knowledgeable? (There's no such thing as a right hook) Decagon and (Whipsmash) SmartBeardo had debatable knowledge about the sport, but were unquestionably rude, overly-aggressive assholes.

Quote:I didn't bring up the Mosley/Toney thread due to ATN calling Ollie an alcoholic (I wasn't even aware Ollie was an alcoholic!) don't know

What do you mean you didn't bring it up? It's the reason you posted on this thread to begin with.

(02-21-2017 01:41 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Mosley/Toney thread is a very recent example.

(02-21-2017 10:38 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  This forum is tiny as it is and many long time posters have decided to leave. I hope ATN isn't another.

So yes, you did bring it up, because apparently Ollie's common sense approach to debating was so brutal and traumatizing (dare I say triggering) that you feared for ATN's virtual life.

Quote:I brought the thread up as one of the examples of a why the boards have gone down by threads being clogged up with witch hunting and trolling with no good discussion, which is what happened in that thread.

I didn't really see any "witch hunting" going on, just some back and forth by ATN and Ollie, and then you jumped in and got called a dingleberry, which was obviously and rightfully very traumatizing for you.

LOL. Seriously man, I'm sorry. I just, for the life of me, can't figure out what in the world you are on about here. If you don't want to be called a dingleberry, you shouldn't be really pining for Dec, BigG, and Smarty. All three of those guys were epic cunts.

Just so you know, I want all three of those guys back. But to sit here and delude yourself into thinking they are somehow good examples of the kind of poster you want, when you clearly don't want personal insults being tossed around, is somewhat highly delusional. In my opinion.

Quote:Ollie loves dishing it out, so it's hardly surprising that he got it back his way..just like you and Dec.

I think it's a little funny you call what happened in the Mosely/Toney thread "dishing it out" like me and Dec. What what in on there would barely qualify as a snack between meals for me and Decagon. And I never once had to go on another thread and whine about it.

If Decagon had ever called me a dingleberry, it would've been so nice a thing of him to say that I'd have been afraid he wanted to suck my dick afterwards.

I'm sorry, dude. In all seriousness. The Mosley/Toney thread was so innocuous that I can't even to begin to fathom why a grown man would be offended or upset by it at all. It'd be no different than if you made a thread asking how to cure cooties, it's so pathetic.

And I'm not insulting you, or ATN, so guys please don't go cry into a coloring book or something. Just... I don't know, relax or something. It ain't that bad. I promise.
02-28-2017, 03:15 PM
So much generalizing & taking things outta context here. Point taken though Warlord lol
02-28-2017, 03:37 PM
It's good to see everyone coming together on this latest board crisis. friends

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: