Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
07-15-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(07-14-2017 04:02 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Is anyone else enjoying Sebastian Gorka slapping the smug out of CNN's mouth one anchor at a time? Dude is running though their top hosts like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks.

Yes. He's a savage and I love it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2017, 09:14 PM
(07-15-2017 09:43 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Yes. He's a savage and I love it.

I've been loving it too. On to other matters, now I'll admit to not knowing so much about Ted Cruz before the primaries and I understand that there was a general distrust of him amongst many Republicans but how do you guys feel he has been performing since the Trump administration came to power? He seems to be doing really well, a cool head among the mayhem and one feels that if he could well be positioning for another run down the line.

I'd also like to know more about Rand Paul as he seems awfully popular with many Republicans. Can anyone tell me a bit more about his healthcare bill and the major points of difference from O'DummyCare.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-18-2017, 07:35 AM
(07-17-2017 09:14 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I've been loving it too. On to other matters, now I'll admit to not knowing so much about Ted Cruz before the primaries and I understand that there was a general distrust of him amongst many Republicans but how do you guys feel he has been performing since the Trump administration came to power? He seems to be doing really well, a cool head among the mayhem and one feels that if he could well be positioning for another run down the line.

Cruz has always been a staunch conservative, and a hero to Republican voters who actually believe in conservatism. Cruz was unable to leverage the outrage of the voters the way Trump did. The voters weren't looking for a statesman, they were looking for a hammer. Cruz got drowned in the outrage wave Trump rode just like everyone else.

He fought a good fight but has now committed to helping Trump run a successful presidency. He hasn't really criticized Trump much because, unlike what you hear in the media, Trump has been doing a good job. Trump has already put forward more conservative policies than GWB ever did.

Quote:I'd also like to know more about Rand Paul as he seems awfully popular with many Republicans. Can anyone tell me a bit more about his healthcare bill and the major points of difference from O'DummyCare.

Rand is a particular brand of conservative (re-branded under the term 'libertarian') which shares most of the same values of today's neoconservatives, except for that of the military.

Rand thinks all social issues should be left up to the state to decide (he's right), and that the military should stop intervening in the issues of foreign countries (he's right sometimes on this, but not all the time.)

As for healthcare, the biggest things he wants is the mandate demanding people buy insurance be done away with (it's not constitutional), the opening up of competition nation-wide among insurance providers ("erase the lines" as Trump said), and allow buyers to create purchasing pools so that they have more power to negotiate with insurance providers.

Other features of Rand's health plan are that he wants to eliminate the minimum standards for which health services an insurance plan must cover, instead allowing buyers and insurance providers to fine-tune the plan to allow them to purchase the services they need, without having to pay for abortion and a bunch of other shit that they don't.

Overall, I think Rand has one of the stronger proposals, but the RINOs in office are too afraid to repeal Obamacare, which is why Rand's plan can't get any traction.
07-18-2017, 12:21 PM
They are scoffing at the idea of sending the SAME EXACT bill to President Trump's desk as they sent in 2015 to President Obama. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

They are bunch of pussies that are still scared of the media/dems saying bad things about them, even after Trump showed them that it doesn't matter to the electorate. The GOP needs to get some balls back in the party.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Someone mentioned Ben Shapiro earlier. Dude is a fucking wrecking ball...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ic0rxDMfN4

07-18-2017, 02:47 PM
If I had the choice between debating with Ben Shapiro for ten minutes or being punched in the face bare knuckle by Anthony Joshua, I'd need a long time to weigh up the options and decide. The punch would hurt like a bitch but Shapiro would damage my psyche forever and I'd never recover.

Black
07-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Snoop the answer is at the 3min mark but I urge you to watch the lot of it for context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPojltjv...uPQ2mimNWw

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-19-2017, 08:17 PM
(07-19-2017 04:11 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'll agree that nowadays the media narrative surrounding racial equality (or any sort of equality) is getting out of hand and people are just tired of fucking hearing it. I also don't believe in making people feel guilty for being born a certain way. I do think, however, that things like slavery and Jim Crows laws have repercussions on the present. I'll give one example:

Generally speaking, a person growing up in a household where their parents have a college education has a better chance of going to college from the sheer fact that said parent has experience in knowing how to get in, and in all likelihood has a better financial status to afford the tuition. So if certain populations are outright BANNED from higher education or from an education in general, their children will not the same access to the same resources as their counterparts whose parents did. Granted, there are plenty of great stories of people overcoming those kind of obstacles, but is that a fair society if everyone doesn't have to go through them?
I really hate these types of arguments. They are cop outs to hard work and self-determination, and put the blame on everyone else rather than accepting their own personal responsibility. Because this is a FACT:

Every college educated family has someone that was the first to obtain higher education.

Going to school is not some type of holy grail that only an elite few know the secret on how to get in. I'm sorry Snoop, by this argument is terrible.

07-19-2017, 08:58 PM
(07-19-2017 08:17 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I really hate these types of arguments. They are cop outs to hard work and self-determination, and put the blame on everyone else rather than accepting their own personal responsibility. Because this is a FACT:

Every college educated family has someone that was the first to obtain higher education.

Going to school is not some type of holy grail that only an elite few know the secret on how to get in. I'm sorry Snoop, by this argument is terrible.

I'm not saying it's impossible to overcome social obstacles, nor am I denying the very real fact that some people milk the shit out of this argument to excuse their lack of drive and overall laziness. But if certain institutions were legally barred for some people from entering because of something like their race, i.e. education, property ownership, voting rights, etc., then it's going to have an affect on the succeeding generations. At the very least, it takes more than one or two cycles to even out the playing field.

I'm also not trying to say going to school is some well-kept secret of the elite, but if you've ever seen or been to some of these schools in the inner-city, resources for higher education are either severely underfunded or completely absent. The notion of going to school is not even a spoken reality in these places so people don't have it in their mindset.

Granted, this is operating off the assumption that the shortcomings of the inner-city are directly tied to slavery, which I'm guessing a lot of people here would disagree with, but I mean if a population is enslaved for decades, they're not suddenly granted equal rights upon emancipation, both legally or socially.

And I just want to make clear that I'm not saying none of this is the fault of anyone here. Saying someone is at fault because of their race is pretty much blaming people for existing. I think that's the biggest mistake "activists" make when talking about these things.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-19-2017, 09:30 PM
(07-19-2017 08:58 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'm not saying it's impossible to overcome social obstacles, nor am I denying the very real fact that some people milk the shit out of this argument to excuse their lack of drive and overall laziness. But if certain institutions were legally barred for some people from entering because of something like their race, i.e. education, property ownership, voting rights, etc., then it's going to have an affect on the succeeding generations. At the very least, it takes more than one or two cycles to even out the playing field.

I'm also not trying to say going to school is some well-kept secret of the elite, but if you've ever seen or been to some of these schools in the inner-city, resources for higher education are either severely underfunded or completely absent. The notion of going to school is not even a spoken reality in these places so people don't have it in their mindset.

Granted, this is operating off the assumption that the shortcomings of the inner-city are directly tied to slavery, which I'm guessing a lot of people here would disagree with, but I mean if a population is enslaved for decades, they're not suddenly granted equal rights upon emancipation, both legally or socially.
I went to inter-city schools for the duration of my prep schooling, and those neighborhood kids were bused up to my neighborhood schools. It was a great forced integration program in my county. The school that I went to was named one of the 5 failure factories that was chronicled in a series about the lowest graded schools in the state. It just so happens that after the county ended integration, the school's saw a rapid decline in student grades. All of this despite the fact that the county threw their entire budget at the schools...new construction, computers, books, administration, etc...

So forgive me for not putting ANY stock into that argument.

But hey, I got some killer steez from the experience, so I guess it was a success! yahoo

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)